• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

North Korea missile launch thread for September 15. 2017

Someone in North Korea should rise through the political ladder, become a close official to Kim Jong Un, and then shoot him in the dick.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
DJt7_zKVwAA9eYX.jpg

SDCowboy

I don't understand how this is surprising to anyone. Did people really think they weren't going to test more missiles?

They test them regularly.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Someone in North Korea should rise through the political ladder, become a close official to Kim Jong Un, and then shoot him in the dick.

I wouldn't doubt something like this is a constant fear among higher ranking officials. Don't they all distrust each other, and are highly suspicious of one another?

studyguy

Downplaying a major ally having a missile literally shot over them with increased frequency seems like the strangest reaction tbh.
Normalizing it seems like a world I'd rather not live in.

Owari

I don't understand how this is surprising to anyone. Did people really think they weren't going to test more missiles?

They test them regularly.
Yeah no big deal Japan might get nuked but who cares right? The fuck is wrong with you?

DarkKyo

This is happening on a near weekly basis now. Even for NK this is unusual. They are seriously pushing it.

Yeah but what's actually different about this one? Just gonna be analyzed on the news and America might return some rhetoric but nothing'll happen once again because they're just aiming at the sea.

Why does Kim want to ruin his gig that he has by turning North Korea into a parking lot killing majority of his people.

Because he knows nothing will happen in response. Sanctions put the squeeze on NK in various ways, but nothing severe enough to have long lasting impact. Also, China and Russia's complacency and push for "more talks" don't lead to any real progress.

North Korea is very, very aware of the impact that any real military action could result in and know the countries in Asia (and the US) aren't willing to go down that road. They're counting on it.

Zeus Molecules

illegal immigrants are stealing our air
Yeah but what's actually different about this one? Just gonna be analyzed on the news and America might return some rhetoric but nothing'll happen once again because they're just aiming at the sea.

I think they figure America is ran by a jackass and we aren't as a big a threat.

This is happening on a near weekly basis now. Even for NK this is unusual. They are seriously pushing it.

Of corse they are, I’m not disagreeing with that. But as it’s been said millions of times, it’s them trying to Dad dick the international community. They know if they use them, they’re fucked, but they’re smart enough to realize that having them allows them a seat at the table out of sheer necessity.

It's always frustrating to watch NHK World when something like this happens because the anchor can only read one thing from the Japanese government over and over.

Alright, are we gonna go to war with NK by 2018?

I dont really see how they can keep shooting missiles and nobody takes action.

Extollere

Sucks at poetry
Japan is not going to get nuked. Christ.

Can't you at least empathize with the amount of fear and anxiety this might put into people? North Korea absolutely loathes Japan, and has a history of rhetoric against them. Don't you think people are justified in feeling a little on edge over a nazi-like regime firing missiles over their country?

Downplaying a major ally having a missile literally shot over them with increased frequency seems like the strangest reaction tbh.
Normalizing it seems like a world I'd rather not live in.

Pretty much this. Japan should just bend over and take it. Missiles flying overhead is no big deal. North Korea is playing 4D chess. They're super smart, guys.

Darksol

Japan is not going to get nuked. Christ.

As someone living in Japan, I'm not sure if I would call NK the most reliable at firing accurate missiles that reach their destination. They keep shooting shit over us and eventually one of them is going to fail.

JordanN

Banned
Alright, are we gonna go to war with NK by 2018?

I dont really see how they can keep shooting missiles and nobody takes action.

All of North Korea's artillery is pointed at Seoul (home to 10 million people). There will never be another war.

Top Bottom