• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a new zelda video oblivion is a retard

TheWolf

Banned
hmm, even the doors open in a different direction now. so i guess they really did just mirror the entire game to make Link right handed?

does that strike anyone else as kind of like, lazy?

mugwhump

Holy Crap! :O That scene on the huge bridge, shooting down hordes of birds...
And why is Nintendo always so late with their awesome trailers?

BTW, did it seem to anyone else like that trailer was cut off at the end? Maybe there's more... *drools*

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
****ING AWESOME!!

Much better and clearer than the other crap Nintendo showed the past 2 days.

And the music is much much better than in the 4th trailer.

SantaC

Great trailer! Too bad the master sword scene isnt int it though. But damn, that looks awesome with the snow and everything.

Pseudo judo said:
Good luck riding that horse and hitting those bats with the wii-mote. GC Zelda superiority, confirmed.

Somehow I don't think it will be any easier on GameCube...those things were really far away :lol

mugwhump

Pseudo judo said:
Good luck riding that horse and hitting those bats with the wii-mote. GC Zelda superiority, confirmed.
This trailer was USING the wiimote, and they DID hit the bats. :lol

Polari

Am I alone in thinking Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption and this all look like they might just be the best entries in their respective series (in the case of Metroid, the Prime series alone) to date?

Pseudo judo said:
I'd like to think the Wiimote is more accurate than the crappy c-stick on the GC controller. :lol

Polari said:
Am I alone in thinking Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime: Corruption and this all look like they might just be the best entries in their respective series (in the case of Metroid, the Prime series alone) to date?
Yes, except I think MP1 will still be the best. MP3 will be better than MP2, no doubt.

But, yeah. That's really amazing.

I have a feeling Super Mario Galaxy will surpass Super Mario 64.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I still have doubts whether the story of Twilight Princess will be as gripping as Ocarina of Time.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Pseudo judo said:

:lol The guy in the video didn't seem to be having much of a problem.

TheWolf

Banned
Ganondorf>Link said:
I'd like to think the Wiimote is more accurate than the crappy c-stick on the GC controller. :lol

the c-stick is for the superior camera control in the GC version.

jett

D-Member
TheWolf said:
hmm, even the doors open in a different direction now. so i guess they really did just mirror the entire game to make Link right handed?

WTF are you talking about you goddamn Nintendo hater, it was the only way the game could work with Link being right-handed!! /ntot

Yeah it's lazy as hell if they simply mirrored the WHOLE game. :lol

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Polari said:

None of the big 3 have shown me they will be the best in their respective series TBH.

Twilight Princess looks great, but I'll wait until I play it before I declare Ocarina of Time "dead".

Same goes for the other 2.

sprocket

Banned
The Wii mote is actually a lot more precise . But you really need some time to get use to it . Of course there is always some who will never even give it a chance. Which is a shame .

TheWolf said:
the c-stick is for the superior camera control in the GC version.
Its also for aiming the bow when trying to kill far away enemies. Think about it, the analog stick is controlling the horse or Link (when he's on the ground). The c-stick would have to be used for aiming.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
TheWolf said:

the levels don't appear to be mirrored. They would have to mirror the door animation or link would push one way and the door would open in another.

Come to think of it a mirror mode in an adventure game would be sort of fun. Its always in racing games :lol

Dr.Guru of Peru

played the long game
TheWolf said:

wait, what? Why is link right handed? I haven't been following this game lately.

jett

D-Member
Oblivion said:
And the music is much much better than in the 4th trailer.

I don't know what you mean by 4th trailer, but the theme is pretty much the same as the one in the E3 2k6 trailer, just extended(and cut off). Trailer was pretty cool, though!

scola said:
the levels don't appear to be mirrored. They would have to mirror the door animation or link would push one way and the door would open in another.

Come to think of it a mirror mode in an adventure game would be sort of fun. Its always in racing games :lol

I believe I'm correct in remembering that Naughty Dog had a mirror mode in Jak I or II or both.

Anyway, that video is just pure awesomeness.

TheWolf

Banned
Ganondorf>Link said:
Its also for aiming the bow when trying to kill far away enemies. Think about it, the analog stick is controlling the horse or Link (when he's on the ground). The c-stick would have to be used for aiming.

i bet the horse just goes straight while Link aims or locks on.

as for the game being flipped, the dungeon they showed off in NY was a flipped version of the one at e3. you can find a pic somewhere around here.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Has a right hand let hand option been confirmed? If it has you spazzes could just select the left handed configuration and play it righty, absolutely nothing will be changed about the interface just you wouldn't have the same direct response to your actions. (i.e. you would shield bump with your left and link would with his right)

Wollan

That video was really cool and I love the riding animation but is there anyway to get less icons on the screen? Feels like a simulator almost.

jett said:
I don't know what you mean by 4th trailer, but the theme is pretty much the same as the one in the E3 2k6 trailer, just extended(and cut off). Trailer was pretty cool, though!

What you mean is the 3rd-trailer ;-)
The 4th is the one with the black smith at the beginning, the underwater-boss enemy and the ?wolf?-god/spirit.

Mr. TV Goggles said:
Yes, except I think MP1 will still be the best. MP3 will be better than MP2, no doubt.

But, yeah. That's really amazing.

I have a feeling Super Mario Galaxy will surpass Super Mario 64.

I don't know about SMG. I'm sure it will be awesome, but I don't know, I think after the complaints of lack of variety in SMS, I think they may have gone too far in the other direction. What was great about the levels in SM64 was that they presented different goals, but within a consistent and solid sandbox enviroment, with the paths to the different goals intersecting with each other. It was that cohesion to the enviroments, that 'you see something on the other side of the level and you run across to investigate it', that made me think, this is what 3D is all about.

careksims

I was miffed about the right-handed thing (lefties unite!) Hopefully it's just an option whether you're a righty or a lefty. Finally going to see it in November!

TheWolf said:

Is anyone else going to try to play with the left hand since we get to choose?

I'm not left handed but Link is so... maybe I should try using the Wiimote on my left when the choice comes up to start the game

mugwhump said:
This trailer was USING the wiimote, and they DID hit the bats. :lol
Were we watching the same video? I saw him hit one, and only one, and other then that the player seemed to be having a lot of trouble, especially when attempting to look behind him for his next shot. Remembering the latest episode of the 1Up Show, they seemed to be having a lot of trouble hitting tagets that didn't move at all, even as Link was standing still. I digress, who's to say that the GC controller would be any easier given that scenario.

Anyways, the game looks awsome, surprise, surprise, and what ever version you get there will be little chance of disapointment in any case.

Top Bottom