• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a new zelda video oblivion is a retard

TheWolf

Banned
scola said:
Has a right hand let hand option been confirmed? If it has you spazzes could just select the left handed configuration and play it righty, absolutely nothing will be changed about the interface just you wouldn't have the same direct response to your actions. (i.e. you would shield bump with your left and link would with his right)

Miyamoto said only in the GC version. so i guess the GC version will be a mirror of the Wii version.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
jett said:
I don't know what you mean by 4th trailer, but the theme is pretty much the same as the one in the E3 2k6 trailer, just extended(and cut off). Trailer was pretty cool, though!

4th trailer = E32006 trailer. :p

And yeah, I know it's the same, but it's done in a much better manner. The first one was at a faster speed (slightly). Also, it could have been because the quality just wasn't that good.

TheWolf said:
i bet the horse just goes straight while Link aims or locks on.

as for the game being flipped, the dungeon they showed off in NY was a flipped version of the one at e3. you can find a pic somewhere around here.
Well you're right to a certain point. The horse does go straight, however while aiming the bow the analog stick is to survey the area. Either its the same for the GC version or they make the analog stick aim the bow and the c-stick for surveying the area. However, when Link is locked on to an enemy with the bow you control the horse with the analog stick.

flippedzeldaab9.jpg

Thats the pic you were talking about.

Ganondorf>Link said:
Well you're right to a certain point. The horse does go straight, however while aiming the bow the analog stick is to survey the area. Either its the same for the GC version or they make the analog stick aim the bow and the c-stick for surveying the area. However, when Link is locked on to an enemy with the bow you control the horse with the analog stick.

flippedzeldaab9.jpg

Thats the pic you were talking about.

Wow..now that I look at it..the mirrored version looks much more suitable for me..

thefro

Wish I could see the whole thing as it's obviously cut off at the end, or sloppily put together.

Love that version of the E3 trailer theme... some very Uematsu style chord changes in that new section.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
IGN has the direct feed trailers up for Zelda, Excite Truck, Wii Sports, and Wario Ware. I think its just for the 2006 titles.

So no Mario or Metroid direct feed trailers.

Am I the only one who noticed or thought it was cool that the wolf was following a scent trail through the snow? I hope they really add more wolf-specific gameplay elements like this...

pitt_norton

crisdecuba said:
Am I the only one who noticed or thought it was cool that the wolf was following a scent trail through the snow?

I noticed and thought it was cool as well!

This information overload is making my head hurt... or it's just the hangover I'm nursing.

HisBrother said:
Anyone notice we don't need a Zora tunic to breath underwater? Or is that just the mystic effects im mistaking for water?
Under the magic bar is a blue bar when he is underwater, probably showing how long Link can breathe before he dies or it starts taking off hearts.

crisdecuba said:
Am I the only one who noticed or thought it was cool that the wolf was following a scent trail through the snow? I hope they really add more wolf-specific gameplay elements like this...
I noticed that too, playing as the Wolf looks awesome. :D

Xdrive05

crisdecuba said:

Yup, we got a hint of this way back at the 2nd trailer for the game (late'04, iirc). It shows the "spirit goggles" kicking on and you see a yellow scent trail in a sewers setting with some soldier ghosts. Looks like they kept that feature in the game.

:)

mugwhump

I'm kind of wondering why they needed to mirror the whole game instead of just Link's character model. If you go to the options screen and switch to left-handed mode, will everything be flipped when you unpause? Or can you only switch it from the title screen? I don't think it will hurt gameplay at all, but it seems a bit odd.

EDIT: Oh yeah, for the door-opening animations, and other environment-specific things. XD

VV TSA said there was a lefty mode. Somewhere.

Polari

mugwhump said:
I'm kind of wondering why they needed to mirror the whole game instead of just Link's character model. If you go to the options screen and switch to left-handed mode, will everything be flipped when you unpause? Or can you only switch it from the title screen? I don't think it will hurt gameplay at all, but it seems a bit odd.

Has it been confirmed that there is a left-handed mode? I really really hope there is, being left-handed and all.

Xdrive05

A couple more observations:

- in the twilight realm, Midna jumps from platform to platform (via Z-targeting) and wolf Link chases after her (5 to 8 seconds) which is probably how you clear jumps, instead of just running off the ledge like human Link.

- we see an Ice Wolfos at (31-32 seconds)

... that's all I got. :)

You think that was an ice wolfos? Looked more like some kind of ice-fox-spirit.
Nonetheless, that part was awsome^^
But the ghost-Hylian civilians, omg.

MasterMFauli said:

I'm sensing some super-atmosphericly poignant exploration of a once great civilisation before it was brought that by some tragic calamity. God, I hope so, I love that sort of thing.

Xdrive05

MasterMFauli said:

I'm not really sure. It did seem to have the same kind of model as wolf-Link though, having the fur mane and all.

Yup. It looks like they're carying out their normal lifestyle. I thought for a moment that they're not really ghosts afterall. It almost looks like wolf-Link vision mode lets the user see into the "normal dimension" when they're in the twilight realm. In the realm, normal people are represented as balls of fire, but wolf-Link can see what they're really doing in the real realm. That would explain why the soldiers were still on guard, why the people were chatting it up, why the one person was running with the pot, etc.

But it's still probably safer to assume they're actual ghosts. ;)

mugwhump

Xdrive05 said:
A couple more observations:

- in the twilight realm, Midna jumps from platform to platform (via Z-targeting) and wolf Link chases after her (5 to 8 seconds) which is probably how you clear jumps, instead of just running off the ledge like human Link.

- we see an Ice Wolfos at (31-32 seconds)

... that's all I got. :)
Ah, so it was Midna. And those probably were ice wolfos.

BTW, did you guys look at those maps? The areas are huuuuuge. :D

Oh, come on, hitting those bats while riding on a horse at those speeds would be difficult regardless of control scheme.

Game looks awesome, but I'm still holding off until I've at least played some earlier Zeldas on VC.

Slurpy

*drowns in jizz*
Why the hell can't they release a decent quality, well produced trailer like in 04 and 05? Those two were absolutely amazing.

Dalauz

SantaC said:
Great trailer! Too bad the master sword scene isnt int it though. But damn, that looks awesome with the snow and everything.
where i can watch that master sword scene?

Xdrive05

Another observation:

The snow section of the trailer (where the Ice Wolfos(?) is) looks like it's NOT part of Hyrule Field. We see the Hyrule Field map in the bridge screenshot at IGN, and the map in the snow field does not match any of the hyrule field areas.

So that map from the bridge screenshot is probably NOT all of hyrule field. Otherwise the snowfield section may just be a twilight-specific area, or even a part of another country (remember, you're not even in Hyrule when the game begins. You're in Tauru village and you have to travel to Hyrule. So there is more to the overworld than Hyrule field anyway).

ELS-01X

Banned
_dementia said:
Looks really nice. I doubt the GCN version will have as significant a drawdistance or as many particle effects.
It's gonna look exactly the same.
Ganondorf>Link said:
It's probably gonna be just like OoT.

SantaC

Gold Member
Pureauthor said:
Oh, come on, hitting those bats while riding on a horse at those speeds would be difficult regardless of control scheme.

why must everything be so easy? Remeber Wind Waker. That game was TOO easy.

Mashing

Die Squirrel Die said:
I'm sensing some super-atmosphericly poignant exploration of a once great civilisation before it was brought that by some tragic calamity. God, I hope so, I love that sort of thing.

I get that vibe too. This game is going to be fukcing epic. I'm close to declaring it the best game ever and I've only seen gameplay videos. I can't wait for this game to come out.

SantaC said:
why must everything be so easy? Remeber Wind Waker. That game was TOO easy.

Don't ask me. I'm referring to the guy who moaned about the Wii's control scheme making it difficult to hit the bats.

SantaC

Gold Member
Pureauthor said:
Don't ask me. I'm referring to the guy who moaned about the Wii's control scheme making it difficult to hit the bats.

ah sorry :p The memo for that guy still stands. Zelda needs to be more challenging.

Ecrofirt

Smiles and Cries said:
Is anyone else going to try to play with the left hand since we get to choose?

I'm not left handed but Link is so... maybe I should try using the Wiimote on my left when the choice comes up to start the game

Well, considering I"m left handed, I'll definitely be using my left hand.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The music and art style is like EAD at its best. The scenario design and gameplay you know will be tops. Aonuma + Takano +Takahashi for the win!!

awesome looking stuff. i couldn't care less if it's mirrored or not...

i like the ghost stuff most. reminds me of scrying in Clive Barker's Undying actually. that stuff was really atmospheric (let you see ghosts and events from the past and stuff).

my only real complaint about Wind Waker was that it didn't do the text book two worlds thing like my other two favourite zelda's do (Lttp and Oot). to me that stuff is as inherantly zelda as breaking pots and rolling into falls and braining myself.

this seems to not only do it, but it looks like they're taking it even further than before. here's hoping.

it'll actually need to do a lot to topple Wind Waker as my favourite zelda (I like the sailing and art style A LOT. weird i know. after i got all the triforce pieces i finished off all the sunken treasure too) but if it comes close i'll love it.

Top Bottom