• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a new zelda video oblivion is a retard

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Amir0x said:
that it looks like a piece of unwieldy shit that doesn't appeal to me personally - when they changed the controls to actually waggle to swing the sword, it was the final evidence i needed that showed i made the right decision.
Seriously, key words there being "looks like". You oughta try it before jumping to any conclusions.

Saoh said:
i cant understand how some people (read as: Amir0x) actually prefers to wait 'till Dec.

Because I want to play the game with superior controls, as it was meant to be played.

No blood for oil, no delay for waggle. It's that simple for me.

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
As opposed to just about everyone else who's tried the build and says the controls are good?

Doesn't appeal to you =/= bad.

You want to play the GCN version, fine. But don't lie to yourself about it.

I'm not lying to myself. I've watched, I've read the comments - it looks like an unwieldy piece of shit, I've heard people make comments that confirm this is true, like those from the 1up show the other day for one example.

I'm sorry if you think waggly bits Zelda is good, and you're entitled to that. I don't think it looks good, those types of controls don't appeal to me on top of being unwieldy and distracting, and thus I'm going to play the superior GCN edition. And that's all. I'm not even sure why people keep bringing me into this: you know what I'm going to say, so why do you want to hear it again?

Amir0x said:
I'm not lying to myself. I've watched, I've read the comments - it looks like an unwieldy piece of shit, I've heard people make comments that confirm this is true, like those from the 1up show the other day for one example.

I'm sorry if you think waggly bits Zelda is good, and you're entitled to that. I don't think it looks good, those types of controls don't appeal to me on top of being unwieldy and distracting, and thus I'm going to play the superior GCN edition. And that's all. I'm not even sure why people keep bringing me into this: you know what I'm going to say, so why do you want to hear it again?

Are you going to skip the next Zelda after TP? Cause that will probably be waggle to the max. Man, I don't know if I could do that (skip zelda).

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
PhoenixDark said:
Because I want to play the game with superior controls, as it was meant to be played.

No blood for oil, no delay for waggle. It's that simple for me.

Just wondering...If all the reviews say the Wii controls are superior, are you still waiting? Aiming with the gc pad on horseback would be a bitch. Then again I hate dual analog anything, worst thing that has happened to games since mini-games.

Doc Holliday

Amir0x said:

I guess people are wondering how you know the GCN version is superior when the games aren't even out yet :)

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
Amir0x said:
Really? All the comments I've seen say the new Wii sword controls are fantastic. Including the 1up Show.

Doc Holliday said:
Just wondering...If all the reviews say the Wii controls are superior, are you still waiting? Aiming with the gc pad on horseback would be a bitch. Then again I hate dual analog anything, worst thing that has happened to games since mini-games.

Why would it be a bitch with LOCK ON TECHNOLOGY?

Reviewers lie. The Wii version doesn't look terrible, but it doesn't look amazing either control wise. I want to play the last true console Zelda as it was meant to be played. When I'm 60 I don't want to look back and say "damn I should have gotten the Gamecube version of Twilight Princess before it was too late. If I had known about the "Hyrule Farm Boy Training" games to follow..."

Amirox has been over this too many times to count. I don't know why you keep letting people drag you down into the same argument over and over; it's the definition of beating a dead horse and it's ruined more than enough threads already. Let's you know actually talk about the game, I mean damn after all the new media there is a crap load of stuff to discuss.

Amir0x

Banned
Doc Holliday said:
I guess people are wondering how you know the GCN version is superior when the games aren't even out yet :)

the game was designed, from day one, around the GCN controls. This is the way I intend to play it. The Wii version has a lot of issues I'm not willing to tackle. Almost every report I've read from unbiased individuals have suggested I'm right. Almost everything I've watched has suggested I'm right.

so please, i'm not trying to persuade anyone not to get the Wii version so why do you keep trying to convince me against the GCN one?

Amir0x said:

Fine, if you're not lying, then you're being dismissive. Could I have a link to those tonnes of comments that claim this is unwieldy?

I'm sorry if you think waggly bits Zelda is good, and you're entitled to that. I don't think it looks good, those types of controls don't appeal to me on top of being unwieldy and distracting

No, I don't 'think' waggly Zelda will be good. I'm taking the opinions of people who've actually played this. But that's not the point. Like I said, you're welcome to like the GCN version more - I'm asking for evidence for the Wii controls being bad.

I'm not even sure why people keep bringing me into this: you know what I'm going to say, so why do you want to hear it again?

Because you (and the rest of the people claiming the GCN version is 'superior) never, never provide sufficient reasoning as to why the Wii controls are bad. The most it ever boils down to is that you don't like the idea of motion-sensing controls for Zelda.

Amir0x said:

"I do, I kinda like the sword combat in that. It's cool." "It feels natural." "It all makes sense." "combat... actually feels remarkably good." "It's fun to swing. It makes me not want to play with a gamecube controller." 1up show hands on impressions of the new Zelda controls.

a lot of positive stuff was said, but you only seemed to hear the negative. not everyone is going to prefer it the old controls... and i'm not trying to change your mind, you don't care if everyone else loves the Wii controls, you want classic pad controls and that makes total sense. just don't act like no one is saying good things about the controls and use a video that has a lot of positive thoughts on them as evidence.

you don't need to prove your position by exagerating. you love traditional zelda controls and that's what you've been wanting to play this game with from day one.

Jesus. Another ****ing thread about Twilight Princess degenerates into the Amirox show...

Amirox doesn't want Wii controls for Twilight Princess and is holding out for the 'Cube edition - you're not going to change his mind, so please just stop trying. All of the arguments for and against have been played out a hundred times since the Wii version was rumoured and there really is no bloody point in going through them yet again. All we end up with is people who are interested in the Wii version baiting Amirox about the controls, and Amirox baiting them by talking about "superior versions" and "waggly bits Zelda".

It's irritating, it derails a perfectly good thread and it's ****ing pointless.

Doc Holliday

I know how amir0x feels though now that i think about it.

I would kill someone for a version of Lost Planet with Lock on. I can't stand dual analog, I find it distracting, and it's slow. Sucks that more and more games are using it as a control scheme.

Amir0x

Banned
plagiarize said:
just don't act like no one is saying good things about the controls and use a video that has a lot of positive thoughts on them as evidence.

i didn't say no one ever said something good about the controls. But, at the end of the day, people like Luke even after playing it intend to get the GCN version. That speaks volumes.

so, I hope that we've reviewed this subject for the 50th time well enough eh

Doc Holliday

Amir0x said:
i didn't say no one ever said something good about the controls. But, at the end of the day, people like Luke even after playing it intend to get the GCN version. That speaks volumes.

Dude Luke hates everything not Microsoft hehe. That's like taking Shane seriously about Nintendo or Sony.

Amir0x said:

Amir0x said:
Almost every report I've read from unbiased individuals have suggested I'm right.
i'm just saying you don't need to exagerate to justify your position.

you don't need to make out that the Wii controls are inferior to not want to use them, and doing that is partly responsible for the thread derails. people that prefer playing FPS on pads may not be in the majority, but they don't need to make out like mouse and keys is inferior and most everyone agrees with them to justify that.

s'all i'm saying. i tried to stop the thread derail with my post on this very page... but you had to come in and describe the Wii controls as 'unweildy shit'.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'm with Ami on this sucker. As interesting as the concept sounds, I just don't think I'd feel comfortable playing the game on Wii.. however I will note that perhaps eventually I'll knuckle down and have two copies of the blasted thing just to check it out.

duckroll

Zelda TP has always looked great. I watched videos years ago, and they looked great. I watched videos a year ago, and they looked great. I watched videos months ago, and they looked great. I watched this video, and it looks great.

This begs the question, why have we been watching videos of it looking great instead of playing it? Eh Nintendo?! HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!

duckroll said:
Zelda TP has always looked great. I watched videos years ago, and they looked great. I watched videos a year ago, and they looked great. I watched videos months ago, and they looked great. I watched this video, and it looks great.

This begs the question, why have we been watching videos of it looking great instead of playing it? Eh Nintendo?! HELLLLLLLLOOOOOOOO!!!!

It's foreshadowing for Zelda: The Movie

Directed by Uwe Boll

Doc Holliday

Amir0x said:
pretty hard to believe that in the same sentence where he is getting Zelda and very exciting about it :p

He know's how to troll! You get like 10 credibilty points by liking zelda which you can use to bash mini-games, and specs.

Back on topic, I might have missed this. Oher than widescreen is there any word on graphical updates from the GC version?

plagiarise is like the balance of the FORCE or yin and yang or smth in these threads.
Are you a jedi or smth?:lol

There has to be no argument that your decision is based on totally personal criteria
THIS
that it looks like a piece of unwieldy shit that doesn't appeal to me personally
doesnt aply. 3/4 of the reports, no more than those reports have commented on the new control being really sweet and functional. It isnt even a matter of argument over which method of control is better, the wii controls seem to work just fine, and for some matters (fishing for example) they make the game loads better.

I have an observation to make btw. Except from the fact that Zelda's graphics are excellent by default, watching that video again and again made me realise that technically its really inferior to titles like red steel or prime or mario galaxy. Well at least i think so..or..ehm :p

yoopoo

Banned
people like Luke even after playing it intend to get the GCN version. That speaks volumes.
lololol that sounded funny. :lol

I have a feeling if people like Luke intended to get the Wii version you'd keep spinning your broken record about inferior waggle wand controls.

Don't you get it by now, Amir0x? No one really cares that you're getting the GCN version, what we want to know is where you get the justification for calling Wii controls 'unwieldy shit'.

Amir0x

Banned
yoopoo said:
lololol that sounded funny. :lol

I have a feeling if people like Luke intended to get the Wii version you'd keep spinning your broken record about inferior waggle wand controls.

Hello, someone brought me up. I didn't bring this subject up. I'm content getting the superior version, others seem not to be convinced until they put me through the inquisition.

Pureauthor said:
No one really cares that you're getting the GCN version

cool, then... we're good to move on?

Annoying Old Party Man said:
I have an observation to make btw. Except from the fact that Zelda's graphics are excellent by default, watching that video again and again made me realise that technically its really inferior to titles like red steel or prime or mario galaxy. Well at least i think so..or..ehm :p
i'm no jedi. only quoted the above part to keep things on topic.

Zelda TP is a great example of what good art does for you. you're right, technically it's not as impressive as Mario Galaxy (arguably even Shadow of the Collosus is more impressive technically) but Zelda still looks great due to solid art design, great textures, nice lighting (artistically speaking) and so on.

i don't think the Wii version will look much better than the cube version, which is really a testimony to how good the cube version looks.

Saoh

Amir0x said:
people like Luke even after playing it intend to get the GCN version. That speaks volumes.

glad you're taking precautions instead of trying it for yourself *rollseyes*

just because some don't like, doesn't mean it doesnt play well.

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Wanna deal with the tail end of my post first?

I already ****ing told you, from watching the videos and reading impressions. Are we ****ing done yet? Thank you, that's all.

Amir0x

Banned
Rocked said:
Stop speaking like your OPINION is fact.

*re-reads it* No, I don't believe I need to add "imo" for you to realize I'm speaking from my opinion. If you require a qualifier from everything I say to not cry, that's your own issue.

Amir0x said:
I already ****ing told you, from watching the videos and reading impressions. Are we ****ing done yet? Thank you, that's all.

Post number 169:

Me said:
Fine, if you're not lying, then you're being dismissive. Could I have a link to those tonnes of comments that claim this is unwieldy?

I wouldn't have a problem with you wanting the GCN version of Zelda if you had similar feelings about Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, which at their core are virtually the same games as their predecessors as well. I'll bet you'd be singing a different tune if they had been GCN games at one point as well - but cause they haven't, your double standards are really starting to wear thin.

i'm no jedi. only quoted the above part to keep things on topic.

Zelda TP is a great example of what good art does for you. you're right, technically it's not as impressive as Mario Galaxy (arguably even Shadow of the Collosus is more impressive technically) but Zelda still looks great due to solid art design, great textures, nice lighting (artistically speaking) and so on.

i don't think the Wii version will look much better than the cube version, which is really a testimony to how good the cube version looks.
Today 04:41 PM

Man, just keep it up. It's like you bring logic and calm to over reaction and personal bullshiting. Agreeing about Zelda, the title is so perfectly realised by the development team that is shows equal against title that are technically superior. I really thought that its graphics are ironically better than most Wii games, but that is not the case, it just LOOKS better

Amir0x said:
*re-reads it* No, I don't believe I need to add "imo" for you to realize I'm speaking from my opinion. If you require a qualifier from everything I say to not cry, that's your own issue.

'Superior' is, by definition, a statement pertaining to quality. Thus 'superior' can't really be an opinion. Try 'more enjoyable' next time.

Amir0x

Banned
the androgyne said:
I wouldn't have a problem with you wanting the GCN version of Zelda if you had similar feelings about Super Mario Galaxy and Metroid Prime 3, which at their core are virtually the same games as their predecessors as well. I'll bet you'd be singing a different tune if they had been GCN games at one point as well - but cause they haven't, your double standards are really starting to wear thin.

but... Metroid Prime III and Super Mario Galaxy AREN'T GCN games, therefore...

Pureauthor said:
'Superior' is, by definition, a statement pertaining to quality. Thus 'superior' can't really be an opinion. Try 'more enjoyable' next time.

Do you even read what you write? "'Superior' is, by definition, a statement pertaining to quality." No ****ing shit sherlock. That's my opinion on the position of the gamecube version.

Shiggy

Amir0x said:

I thought IGN and Gamespot had a positive impression?

But still, I just preordered the GCN version at Amazon.de, as Wii is way too expensive for what the console offers, compared to X360 for example.

Annoying Old Party Man said:
Man, just keep it up. It's like you bring logic and calm to over reaction and personal bullshiting. Agreeing about Zelda, the title is so perfectly realised by the development team that is shows equal against title that are technically superior. I really thought that its graphics are ironically better than most Wii games, but that is not the case, it just LOOKS better
ah but that's the thing, that's all graphics really are. how good a game looks. you can make a game look better through superior art, technical effects or a combination of both.

i've seen technically impressive games that look like shit, and games that aren't technically that good that i thought looked great (Killer 7 for example).

graphics are really just whats on the screen, some people around here mistake 'graphics' for 'how whats on the screen is displayed'.

EBCubs03

Banned
The new controls work SO well, it surprised me even. I was shipping the GCN version > Wii version ever since that split was announced, but I really believe I'll get the Wii version now. I've fallen in love with the sound of arrows zooming past me, honestly.

Amir0x said:
but... Metroid Prime III and Super Mario Galaxy AREN'T GCN games, therefore...

All i'm saying is that for games that i guess you would claim are 'built from the ground up' for Wii - they're not doing much more than TP is - arguably less in SMG's case. So what exactly will you be expecting from the next Zelda that TP won't already be doing?

Top Bottom