• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a new zelda video oblivion is a retard

mugwhump

ELS-01X said:
dome_01a.gif
Dammit I was just about to point that out. :p
Also, you can see the goron symbol on one of the doors, and there's a house in the distance to the left of the awesome bridge.

TheWolf

Banned
Shikamaru Ninja said:
The music and art style is like EAD at its best. The scenario design and gameplay you know will be tops. Aonuma + Takano +Takahashi for the win!!

but what is this mirror nonsense?

Ecrofirt said:
Your point? I'm left handed. I have no accuracy at all with my right hand, so my left hand has to be used.

just saying. your swings won't mimics Links.

Ecrofirt

TheWolf said:
but what is this mirror nonsense?

just saying. your swings won't mimics Links.

This thread is the first I've ever even heard at all about the get getting switched to a right handed Link.

If they don't have some kind of left-handed mode, that's their own dumbass fault.

ant1532

Banned
MiamiWesker said:
Nice find. Is the castle trapped in something? Is it just a strange light hitting it? Very weird.
Tiwghlight took over the Hyrule castle.

Not many people know the plot here huh lol?

Jonk

I dont think anyone else has posted this but...

There will be THE LIGHT TEMPLE in this one. The temple that we never got to see in Ocarina.

Check out this picture

zelda9a.jpg

26855-federellis-retexture-pack-zelda-oot-mq-quest-status.jpg

In the image above, on the floor, you will see the emblem of Light (the three circles and three triangles) from the Light Medallion Ruaru (or whatever his name is) gives you in Ocarina of Time. At the beginning of the new trailer posted at IGN, you will also see the decorations of the pillars and other adornments in the surroundings.

It is the Light Temple alright!

BTW, that enemy's sword above looks a LOT like a Gerudo sword (like the one Ganadorf display's in Smash Brother's Melee in his trophy)

ELS-01X

Banned
Jonk said:
I dont think anyone else has posted this but...

There will be THE LIGHT TEMPLE in this one. The temple that we never got to see in Ocarina.

Check out this picture

zelda9a.jpg

In the image above, on the floor, you will see the emblem of [bLight[/b] (the three circles and three triangles) from the Light Medallion Ruaru (or whatever his name is) gives you in Ocarina of Time. At the beginning of the new trailer posted at IGN, you will also see the decorations of the pillars and other adornments in the surroundings.

It is the Light Temple alright!

BTW, that enemy's sword above looks a LOT like a Gerudo sword (like the one Ganadorf display's in Smash Brother's Melee in his trophy)
It can also be the Temple of Time. It has the same sybol engraved on the teleport pedestal.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
TheWolf said:
i don't think there is an option to make Link left handed...

Let's approach this logically.

Why is Link right-handed in these new screenshots?

Presumably to ensure that right-handed gamers can play without becoming confused, as sword strokes are supposed to match your controller movements. Miyamoto wouldn't change Link's handedness for any other reason, especially considering that Miyamoto is left-handed (and that he's the one who yelled at NOA for making Kirby white instead of pink.)

Now, let's think once more... if Link was made right-handed for playability concerns, it stands to reason that Miyamoto thinks highly of playability. He's also the guy that mentioned making sure that DS titles were playable to left-handed users (of which he is one). If Miyamoto and company are concerned enough about playability to change a character design which is close to his heart, does it not also logically follow that they'd ensure the same playability for all folks? Why would they change the entire game for right-handed folks but not ALSO make sure left-handed folks would play?

They aren't going to make left-handed folks struggle with not having Link respond to their actions (mismapped hands); if they had thought that were suitable, they would have left him left-handed in the game. If it were important enough to change the control style, they'll make sure left and right handed people can both control the game well.

What I am rather curious about is whether this means that the whole game is mirrored (as speculation seems to be), or whether it is just Link. Mirroring the whole game would be an interesting choice, as it would effectively solve the problem while also confusing anyone looking at the "mirror" game.

shpankey

not an idiot
plagiarize said:
i like the ghost stuff most. reminds me of scrying in Clive Barker's Undying actually. that stuff was really atmospheric (let you see ghosts and events from the past and stuff).
hell ya! and Undying really was a cool game. really underrated.

The music at the end of that video is shock inducingly good. This will be the game that defines single player gaming for years to come.

Nicktals

Banned
So, is jumping in wolf form now a context sensitive event? (like opening a door or reading a sign in normal form.)

Will we never jump with Midna on Wolf-Link's back?

The scent following was sweet, the ghost stuff was sweet...

Isn't the Temple of Light housed within the Sacred Realm? (Sorry, I'm a little rusty on my Zelda knowledge)...And given the timeframe of this game I kind of thought that the Sacred Realm would be involved, and if it is indeed the Temple of Light, and the Temple of Light is indeed within the Sacred Realm, then I guess my thought was right. And I think that's awesome.

I think that blue water-health bar will only be there when you have the iron boots on, right? Swimming is essentially going to be the same as OoT?

NotWii

Banned
Neo Child said:
In the Wii version Link changes hands if you are right or left handed.

In the Cube version he is always left handed.
Yah, that's what I remember reading, but don't remember who said it.

... Who said it?

I really hope JUST that E3 area was flipped for a reason other than Link being right handed.
Flipping maps = dumb, except in mario kart.

The circular Goron door rolling to the right instead of left makes me worried though.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
If they mirrored the complete game it's because camera and level design issues. It's pretty impressive that any developers takes in care at that high level level design. If true, this shows how much effort Nintendo is putting in the game.

Just IMPRESSIVE.

Two months away, and this will be mine.

Best game of all time!

tanasten said:
If they mirrored the complete game it's because camera and level design issues. It's pretty impressive that any developers takes in care at that high level level design. If true, this shows how much effort Nintendo is putting in the game.

Just IMPRESSIVE.

Two months away, and this will be mine.

Best game of all time!

Lucky bastard who doesnt have to wait 3 months.

Aurora

Wow, this game looks spectacular. I didn't realise what the Wolf's "sense" was until now: it's a sort of Lense of Truth (see ghosts, invisible trails etc.). But I'm probably late in noticing this.

One thing I didn't like however was the Wolf jumping segments. All you're basically doing is tapping A and watching a small cutscene of the Wolf jumping. There seems to be no element of control which is a shame.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
I've been very purposefully keeping myself out of the loop re. Zelda, so as to have as pure an experience as possible, but I was tempted into downloading the vid. Looks awesome..but I don't want to see any more until I can play it!

open_mouth_

insert_foot_
looks good, but the animations need some work and hopefully they polish things up more. It doesn't have the same "polish" as the N64 Zelda's... yet.

Ford Prefect

GAAAAAAAAY
tanasten said:
I really don't like the sound of the mirroring at all. They designed and built the entire game the way it was for a reason, and to just completely reverse everything like that only to make Link right-handed sounds rash and wrong.

open_mouth_ said:
looks good, but the animations need some work and hopefully they polish things up more. It doesn't have the same "polish" as the N64 Zelda's... yet.

They can't polish anymore. The game is done and waiting to be sold.

NotWii

Banned
Aurora said:
One thing I didn't like however was the Wolf jumping segments. All you're basically doing is tapping A and watching a small cutscene of the Wolf jumping. There seems to be no element of control which is a shame.
So you can fall all the way down over and over again and blame the Wii controls? :lol

Tieno

Wii said:
So you can fall all the way down over and over again and blame the Wii controls? :lol
There's nothing wrong with the Wii I tell ya, NOTHING! Even when it is, it isn't!

Aurora said:

This probably eventuated from the same kind of discussion that led to OOT not having a jump button - it's not a platformer. Hopefully that kind of mechanic is allowing some cool high-ground puzzle elements that a regular link wouldn't.

papercut

Ford Prefect said:
I really don't like the sound of the mirroring at all. They designed and built the entire game the way it was for a reason, and to just completely reverse everything like that only to make Link right-handed sounds rash and wrong.

Not if they mirror everything, dude. You'll never be able to tell, unless you're Zoolander and can't turn left.

Saoh

omg! game of the ****ing year!! :eek: pure awesomeness :O

i cant understand how some people (read as: Amir0x) actually prefers to wait 'till Dec.

sorry RE4, i think Zelda is gonna show the GCN real power :D cant wait, only 2 months!! that's nothing :)

TheWolf

Banned
DavidDayton said:
Let's approach this logically.

Why is Link right-handed in these new screenshots?

Presumably to ensure that right-handed gamers can play without becoming confused, as sword strokes are supposed to match your controller movements. Miyamoto wouldn't change Link's handedness for any other reason, especially considering that Miyamoto is left-handed (and that he's the one who yelled at NOA for making Kirby white instead of pink.)

Now, let's think once more... if Link was made right-handed for playability concerns, it stands to reason that Miyamoto thinks highly of playability. He's also the guy that mentioned making sure that DS titles were playable to left-handed users (of which he is one). If Miyamoto and company are concerned enough about playability to change a character design which is close to his heart, does it not also logically follow that they'd ensure the same playability for all folks? Why would they change the entire game for right-handed folks but not ALSO make sure left-handed folks would play?

They aren't going to make left-handed folks struggle with not having Link respond to their actions (mismapped hands); if they had thought that were suitable, they would have left him left-handed in the game. If it were important enough to change the control style, they'll make sure left and right handed people can both control the game well.

What I am rather curious about is whether this means that the whole game is mirrored (as speculation seems to be), or whether it is just Link. Mirroring the whole game would be an interesting choice, as it would effectively solve the problem while also confusing anyone looking at the "mirror" game.

he said "Link is still left handed in the GC version" which makes me believe that there is no left hand option on the Wii version.

and also cause they flipped EVERYTHING and not just the Link model.

Amir0x

Banned
Saoh said:
i cant understand how some people (read as: Amir0x) actually prefers to wait 'till Dec.

well i just want to play the game with good controls and how the game was originally designed, so that's why i'm getting the GCN version. i don't know why that's hard to understand

Pureauthor said:
Originally designed, I can understand, but what's your call to claim that Wii control scheme is bad?
he didn't say they were bad. just that the ones we've had in all the previous games are good, which they are.

he doesn't care if the Wii controls are better or worse, he just wants to play the game 'as designed'. which i do understand but won't be doing myself :)

widescreen and sword swinging controls make it a no brainer for me.

Amir0x

Banned
Pureauthor said:
Originally designed, I can understand, but what's your call to claim that Wii control scheme is bad?

that it looks like a piece of unwieldy shit that doesn't appeal to me personally - when they changed the controls to actually waggle to swing the sword, it was the final evidence i needed that showed i made the right decision.

Amir0x said:
that it looks like a piece of unwieldy shit

As opposed to just about everyone else who's tried the build and says the controls are good?

that doesn't appeal to me personally

Doesn't appeal to you =/= bad.

You want to play the GCN version, fine. But don't lie to yourself about it.

Top Bottom