• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Not a new zelda video oblivion is a retard

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
And I just thought, how does one do that down thrust with this new scheme? Not to mention powering up the sword when you do a spin attack?

Oblivion said:
One thing I never got about this whole sword thing for the Wii is that people were worried that you would have to do a lot of wide swinging and shit. But you don't have to, and subtle flickering will do just as well. Doesn't that kinda negate the whole "feeling like you're in the game" experience. Honestly, they should have just kept the sword fighting to buttons.

I guess it's up to the player to decide whether or not he wants to make big gestures and be more immersed via the gameplay or just flicker the controller, since in both cases, the controls respond the same way.

Snow said:
Might've been worth to mention that he was making an argument that time either could've been used to 'polish' the graphics of the Wii version, or add more content. He felt that Zelda players would look forward more to the latter.

From IGN:

Makes sense somehow. Look at The Wind Waker : it had that polish graphics-wise, but it ended up lacking some content.

jepense

Awesomeness indeed.

By the way, to me it seems that the flying bird-bat-dragon thingy is
Midna transformed. You can see something looking like her helmet, and it looks like she/it is carrying wolf Link in her/its talons.

Gallagher

Banned
Miyamoto justified Nintendo's decision to use the game's additional development time to concentrate on additional content, rather than adding visual bells and whistles to the Wii version. "At one point," he explained, "even members of our staff said 'the Wii is more powerful than the GC, so we'd like to polish the graphics.' However, Zelda players don't look forward to this polish, they look forward to an enjoyable game."

i would enjoy much more polish of the graphics :/

Xrenity

dannie said:
i think many people didn't know although they add the swing sword controls~~but still can put A button to attack~
21333.jpg
Wasn't A always attack when locked on?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Smiles and Cries said:
I'm not left handed but Link is so... maybe I should try using the Wiimote on my left when the choice comes up to start the game

that sounds like a stupid idea.

game looks lovely, cant wait.

Xdrive05

MaddenNFL64 said:
Sucks that the vid cut off abruptly. Was that put together by IGN themselves?

Seems like Nintendo had made a full trailer from which that IGN trailer and that flash trailer (with the Master Sword section) was taken. It obviously had to come from Nintendo themselves, yet neither one is complete.

It's almost like they were going to show the trailer and then instead they opted to deal it out to IGN and the Wii site instead of showing it in its entirety.

We can only speculate at this point. Would be nice if they got around to showing the full thing.

Xdrive05 said:
Seems like Nintendo had made a full trailer from which that IGN trailer and that flash trailer (with the Master Sword section) was taken. It obviously had to come from Nintendo themselves, yet neither one is complete.

It's almost like they were going to show the trailer and then instead they opted to deal it out to IGN and the Wii site instead of showing it in its entirety.

We can only speculate at this point. Would be nice if they got around to showing the full thing.

That's what I was thinking. Besides, they only give you so much anyway. You always end up doing alot of speculating. One thing that hasnt changed is how much this game is going to rule :D

NSider

Great trailer. Looks like the wolf mechanics are great.

I'll get both versions, but I'll play the Wii version first, simply because I trust Miyamoto, and he bluntly said the Wii version is more enjoyable. He hasn't failed us yet for almost 25 years, particularly in the conrtol deparment. If there is a consistent perfect side to all of his games, it's control. So yeah, I assume the Wii version is better because Miyamoto said so. The positive impressions from 1up, Gamespot and IGN after playing the latest build confirm the decision I made.

They worked with the Wii in mind for at least 14 months now. Super Mario Galaxy was a GC project for 5 years (remember the 128 Marios tech demo in 2000?) before they switched it to Wii. Does that make it less of a game? No. If there was a GC version of SMG with a dual analog setup instead of the pointing and was shown in 2005, I'm sure many would've just dismissed the Wii version as a "Wiimake" or waggle version.

MaddenNFL64

I'm playing the Wii version, because I want to... and I sold my Gamecube already :p

Plus I want a full size gold disc. GOLD. Better be gold. Ya hear me, Ninty?

Wii said:
Why do you hate fun?

Man, the hate for things on this board are unparallel. Just don't worry about it.

That being said, they better fix the window sill textures, or it will not be a day one purchase.

Polari said:
Has it been confirmed that there is a left-handed mode? I really really hope there is, being left-handed and all.

Even though I'm right handed I'd much rather play the game left handed, since it looks SO weird to see Link holding his sword in his right hand

NSider

ElectricBlue187 said:
Even though I'm right handed I'd much rather play the game left handed, since it looks SO weird to see Link holding his sword in his right hand

ًWell, it's a completely different and new Link. Was it SO weird when Link was cel-shaded in WW? Not that much because he's a different Link. It was weird for different reasons, however.

Bad example I guess. :p

NSider

Aft Dread Pressure said:
Isn't "Attack" the rolling move as usual ?

Yeah, but now you can do the downthrust finishing move with the A button when the enemy is knocked down, instead of moving the nunchuk downwards. That is because the sword movement was moved to the remote and shield attack (parry) was moved to the nunchuck.

Originally posted by:NSider
ًWell, it's a completely different and new Link. Was it SO weird when Link was cel-shaded in WW? Not that much because he's a different Link. It was weird for different reasons, however.

Bad example I guess. :p

No, it's not really a bad example. Cel-shaded has got nothing to do with Link's form. To me anyway.

~Wind Waker ~
I have a hard time believing Link can weild the "Master Sword" in his kid state form. And also the "Master Sword" was made for the kid not for an adult.

Baaahhh, i'd better not get into. Nevermind. It's probably not the right thread (this one) to talk about. All well.... move along.

Xrenity said:
'when locked on' ;)

I thought Link always did the kind of 'jump slash'-attack when you were locked on and pressed A.

Eww, you're right, I misread that actually.
You could roll when locked on if you weren't wielding the sword though.

Oblivion

Didn't want to make a thread about this, but Matt mentions something:

And guys, I've heard a few details about some of the secret maneuvers Link can do... all I can write is, it's going to be sweet.

Kevin

Oblivion said:

Wow the game is coming out in less then a month and people like Matt still can't talk about the game in full? Lame!

Oblivion said:

Well in this video Link did pull off something cool that we hadn't seen before. When he fights the Darknut and goes for the jump attack, he jumps over the Darknut, flips in mid-air, and slices him. Pretty bad ass. Link did the same attack in TWW, but it looks cooler in TP. :D

Oblivion

TheGreatDave said:
So you bumped the thread "New Zelda Video" to the top and got me excited for nothing?

It was the closest Zelda related thread I could find. :(

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
1.) Cheap bump. :(
2.) Somehow I missed ALL of these vids when they came out last month! :)

:lol at thread title change

Wow, i just realized that Matt has been milking info for this Zelda game for like 3 years now... all the way from its inception. He must want to hold that reignn all the way to its end.

Ganondorf>Link said:
Who else loves the music? Its incredible. Orchestrated or not, I love it.

Yeah that music is great. Very Link to the Past-ish. It appears to be in theme with the official trailer music from E3 05, and if that's any indicator as to the quality of music throughout the game, then it's really, REALLY awesome.

Top Bottom