• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Now that Let It Die is out, will we get Lily Bergamo?

19vqbe.jpg

Let It Die has been great, but it was once upon a time called Lily Bergamo, a game with a completely different artstyle, character(s), environments, and ideas. Now we never got more than that one reveal video, but many people were eager for more based solely on the art and vibrant design.

Now that Let It Die has released, and people are still interested in more Suda, and Lily Bergamo trailer was a crowd pleaser...is there a chance it comes back?

I think people only care about Lily Bergamo because it was called Lily Bergamo. A coincidentally completely unmarketable name.

That's kinda like saying "Will we get Dream: Land of Giants now that Banjo-Kazooie is out?" or "Will we get Twelve Tales: Conker 64 now that Conker's Bad Fur Day is out?".

The entire concept was reworked, so probably not. The amount of production work that went into Let it Die in the years since they changed the aesthetic is likely way, way more than ever existed for Lily Bergamo. I doubt they have all that much lying around besides the assets created for the trailer and some concept/prepro stuff.

At this point I think we're way more likely to see a brand new game that uses some of the ideas they were originally interested in trying out with Lily Bergamo than an actual return of the character/brand.

luulubuu

I do think we will see it eventually in some format, Grasshopper is looking back at their franchises now; No More Heroes Switch, The Silver Case

Maybe the TGS has some surprises

bigjig

Some of the ideas intended for the game may be reworked into something else, but no it's probably not going to happen

Some of the ideas intended for the game may be reworked into something else, but no it's probably not going to happen

Funny thing is, there aren't even ideas. Lily and LiD are the same game, just with some altered aesthetics (but the concept remains very similar).

People begging for Lily don't know they already got it in LiD.

The artist for her and the original concept of LET IT DIE is the same for the No More Heroes series (as well as the recent Fire Emblems).

She would totally fit unchanged as a boss in the new No More Heroes.

It would be something for us to kill her ourselves in game.

We will get No More Heroes 3.

I wouldn't be surprised if they legit salvage what existed of Lily and use it for NMH3 on Switch. Lily and its final Let it Die form ran on UE4, so I can see them using that for NMH3 instead of going 100% ground-up for no real reason when they have stuff they can use. Grasshopper is owned by GungHo anyway and the fact that Suda even can make NMH3 should mean he can use Lily/LiD's assets if needed.

I'm honestly legit shocked and thrilled we're even seeing NMH3 by Suda himself. I always thought Suda (or someone at Grasshopper) said they could not take on external projects after being bought by GungHo, unless NMH3 was allowed because Suda did promise it WAY back for the "Wii's successor" so it might've been initially greenlit for Wii U and that managed to survive the buyout, but just took a whole gen? Who knows, maybe Suda will clarify.

Nesther

The artist for her and the original concept of LET IT DIE is the same for the No More Heroes series (as well as the recent Fire Emblems).

She would totally fit unchanged as a boss in the new No More Heroes.

It would be something for us to kill her ourselves in game.

I can see that happening.

Ritzboof

i thought let it die was lily bergamo? i was under the impression that things just changed immensely and became let it die, like how the first run of RE4 actually became the first DMC

edit: nvm i cant read. really, though, probably not. nothing i read really gave me the impression grasshopper still had any interest in the idea of lily bergamo

Why are people so caught up with Lily Bergamo?
We had one video. One. I can understand that it had an interesting look but that video was YEARS ago.
This isn't even like a Half Life 3 situation where it's a franchise that people have a connection to. We know nothing of this game besides that one video.

Let It Die.

Why are people so caught up with Lily Bergamo?
We had one video. One. I can understand that it had an interesting look but that video was YEARS ago.
This isn't even like a Half Life 3 situation where it's a franchise that people have a connection to. We know nothing of this game besides that one video.

Let It Die.

Waifus

Ridley327

I wouldn't be surprised if they legit salvage what existed of Lily and use it for NMH3 on Switch. Lily and its final Let it Die form ran on UE4, so I can see them using that for NMH3 instead of going 100% ground-up for no real reason when they have stuff they can use. Grasshopper is owned by GungHo anyway and the fact that Suda even can make NMH3 should mean he can use Lily/LiD's assets if needed.

I'm honestly legit shocked and thrilled we're even seeing NMH3 by Suda himself. I always thought Suda (or someone at Grasshopper) said they could not take on external projects after being bought by GungHo, unless NMH3 was allowed because Suda did promise it WAY back for the "Wii's successor" so it might've been initially greenlit for Wii U and that managed to survive the buyout, but just took a whole gen? Who knows, maybe Suda will clarify.

It was said that Nintendo played a huge hand in getting the project off the ground, which makes sense since they have history with both Marvelous and GungHo, and Suda in general is a big Nintendo fan.

I wouldn't be too surprised if some of the Lily Bergamo concept art got worked into NMH3, though I don't know how far they would take it that they would straight up put that character in there. Shinobu was in the original artwork for the game, so I imagine she'll be back at the very least.

vilmer_

The whole 2 assets actually created for Lily were used in Let It Die. It was a trash can and a bulldozer model. There's absolutely nothing left of that game except a short video that people are still hung up on.

There's literally 1000 other 'waifu' games people can play.

Top Bottom