• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD November 2012 Results [Up6: Black Ops 2, Halo 4, Most Wanted, Assassin's Creed 3]

Why do people think Animal Crossing will do anything? I know it's killing it in Japan, but did western Versions of AC sell millions of copies or something?

vita - ac3 bundle + cod bundle = 180k

One of the greatest swindles of the year. Those customers are probably super pissed.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
These sales further my belief that we're headed to a Nintendo+Apple and Sony+MS console future.

Miles X

Providing Dec numbers are similar to this months for 360 and Wii (more or less the case last year.) X360 will have outsold Wii this year by 3.28m, in 2011 it outsold it by 2.73m so it will have closed the gap 530k faster than last year.

Also the gap should be at 2.8m.

nasos_333

Well those 360 numbers are a surprise, especially this far into the gen. Who's still buying this thing?

Good for MS though, it's a great platform

Anyone that wants to play spectacular and amazing games like Witcher 2, Halo 4, Fable Journey, Mass Effect 3 etc for just 199$ harwdare

It is amazing in that way

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Why do people think Animal Crossing will do anything? I know it's killing it in Japan, but did western Versions of AC sell millions of copies or something?

They actually did quite well, but the question is if the brand took the trajectory of Nintendogs in the West.

When your products become incredibly more mass market focused, it's easier to have huge swings in sales between entries, like we often see in the music genre.

Bruno MB

november 2005 npd is the one to compare against. the ds launched in 2004. 2005 was its second november.

In November 2005 NDS only had been in the market for 13 months while this is the 21st month for 3DS. November 2006 is more accurate than 2005 for the comparison.

user_nat

THE WORDS! They'll drift away without the _!
They don't want to show it's on decline.

This quote:
"During the month of November, Xbox 360 held four of the top 10 console game titles including: “Halo 4,” “Call of Duty: Black Ops 2,” “Assassin’s Creed 3,” and “NFL Madden 13.”

Maybe suggests it is not on decline. In the past they have listed these by order of X360 sales.
link

NateDrake

They need to ax the DSi line and see how that translates. 3DS is being savaged by the DSi line much like Early DS got savaged by GBA

For comparison

DS 2nd year. NPD NOV 2005
◾GBA - 820,000
◾NDS - 369,000

Wow, by this comparison the 3DS isn't doing terrible.....

Any word on PS All-Stars yet? Wonderbook would be interesting too, considering its been doing better than PS All-Stars here in the UK.

Drago

I'd like to see how the 3DS titles for the month did (Layton, Paper Mario, Style Savvy) if you don't mind, creamsugar.

And yes, PlayStation All Stars please

They actually did quite well, but the question is if the brand took the trajectory of Nintendogs in the West.

When your products become incredibly more mass market focused, it's easier to have huge swings in sales between entries, like we often see in the music genre.

They really did? I had no idea. I mean, I assumed they sold okay...

tkscz

Anyone that wants to play spectacular and amazing games like Witcher 2, Halo 4, Fable Journey, Mass Effect 3 etc for just 199$ harwdare

It is amazing in that way

Or people who want kinect. Most likely people who want kinect, lets be honest here. Also yikes on what was said about WiiU software sales. I do not see 3rd party support in our future.

Nintendogs in Japan went the way of Nintendogs in the West.
It wouldn't be huge but Animal Crossing would probably be the most marketable thing on the system outside a Mario game.

vita all star < 8k

So that was that.
Dreadful.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Wow, by this comparison the 3DS isn't doing terrible.....

I've been saying this for months. The 3DS is NOT doing poorly compared to the original DS at this point.

People need to stop thinking we're ever going to see DS/GBA sales again in a market so saturated with tablet/iOS devices.

test_account

XP-39C²
Vita version of PS Allstars was included for free with the PS3 version. The PS3 version sales will give a better indication on how the game did =)

Top Bottom