• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD - PS4 was the top selling console of November 2016

wig

Sony just released a new console. If there was no Pro MS would have probably won their 5th month in a raw. It's still amazing how MS managed to turn things around in the US and only be beaten due to a new console release.

And the only reason MS had won the past 3 months was because they released a new console. Funny how that works.

K2z4AOX.gif

This is beyond freaky.

I wouldn't be surprised if its down YoY but i think microsoft would be more worried about the black friday results in the UK. I still can't believe it was 30% down year on year

Sony just released a new console. If there was no Pro MS would have probably won their 5th month in a raw. It's still amazing how MS managed to turn things around in the US and only be beaten due to a new console release.

On the flip side, if there was no Pro I'm not sure MS would have won all those previous months. I suspect a lot of people were holding out for the Pro in November

It's hard to do what ifs like these though because there are so many variables at play

MS will have a challenging 2017, somewhat sparse release lineup and might have some people start to wait on hardware until Scorpio. If they can keep up the momentum they had this fall that will be extremely respectable

Vena

Didn't they say they had their best Black Friday ever?

November sales have been getting more and more centralized around BF/CM, so having a record on that specific weekend does not say anything for the month as a whole.

Last year Sony only said that they had the best selling BF ever but nothing about a yoy increase IIRC.

http://venturebeat.com/2015/12/10/playstation-4-outsold-xbox-one-in-november/

NPD itself provided a huge amount of info last year.

This is true, but after a few/many months of YoY decline, you'd think a YoY increase would be a big highlight.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Impressive, I thought MS would keep momentum with the S for a few more months, November included.

I'm sure it was a great month for both.

AudioEppa

This was Sony's plan all along, Let Microsoft and it's fans get comfortable and juicy for a few months..

Then boom! PSX and NPD.

Aceofspades

Banned
Congrats Sony, They must have had a massive Q3 so far. They have nailed everything from the PS4 announcement leading to PRO timing and price plus everything in between. Genius business plan.

and god have mercy upon us with their upcoming 1st party titles.

Trago

It's gonna be a tough year for Xbox until Scorpio is released. And even then, their lineup isn't as big as Sony's. Tough times indeed.

trixx

Kinda surprised cause I thought MS pushed a lot harder in latter half with the deals. Grats to Sony though, hopefully pro continues to do well. Slim looks great too

zewone

lol, you mean like the Xbox One S months coinciding with Xbox selling the most that month?

Slim likely sold 10:1 over the Pro.

The fact that is it took the original ps4, the slim the ps4 pro and VR to beat Microsoft in november in the end is still a win for Microsoft, they may have lost the battle but microsoft won the war.

Is what one fanboy I know will say on his video/stream tonight

Lol look above.

Loris146

Anyway Sony has sold ( to customers) 19.8 ML PS4(+ Pro) worldwide between November 25 2015 and December 6 2016.

Not bad.

Boke1879

It's gonna be a tough year for Xbox until Scorpio is released. And even then, their lineup isn't as big as Sony's. Tough times indeed.

If nothing gets delayed. Sony is going to have a nice first 4 months of the year. If Horizon makes it's release date I could see that being HUGE for Sony. You know they are going to go all out for that game. It just needs to review well.

Not to mention. Pro could potentially be $300 and the Slim could be $200 next Holiday when the Scorpio releases. With Bundles and marketing deals for Batllefront 2, Destiny 2 AND RDR2. Sony has the chance to really crush next year.

Top Bottom