• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for February 2015 [Nintendo Numbers, Majora's, MH4, ~XB1]

Based on Monster Hunter combined number (290k) less digital sales on eShop, doesn't sound so weak for The Order.

The Order also cost a lot more then MH4U to make, 290k for MH4U is a huge success for Capcom, only about 300k for The Order is probably not as big a success if it's a success at all. Hard to imagine those graphics were cheap to make.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Not so good for the The Order, as I suspected. Funny sidenote - wasn't Uncharted 1 also #9 on NPD the month it released?

DieH@rd

Banned
oZ55XgP.gif

Nice one!

BY2K

Membero Americo
"3DS family" makes more sense than "PlayStation family" at least, since the 3DS family just means every model of the same system.

EDIT: Was a teaser for 007: Spectre release or something?

Withnail

MS PR said:
“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015. In February 2015, fans spent an average of 74 hours on Xbox Live in the U.S. – three times the amount of hours the average user spends on social networks*. And, Xbox Live set new records, quadrupling global gaming hours on Xbox One and Xbox 360 in February 2015 compared to February 2014. We are grateful to our fans for choosing to play on Xbox One. Offerings and experiences will continue to expand with Xbox One and 'Halo: The Master Chief Collection' available together for $349, new games launching this month including 'ScreamRide' and 'Ori and the Blind Forest,' hundreds of new ID@Xbox games in development, and plans to make gaming even better on Windows 10 and Xbox.” – Mike Nichols, Corporate Vice President, Xbox Marketing, Microsoft

You've got to admire the creativity.

RBK

Banned
“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015."

Um... are we sure it's 276k for Xbox One?

The way they worded that is a bit weird. Couldn't the bolded part also refer to Xbox One + 360? I don't think MS would group in Xbone and 360 together though right?
I think you're overthinking it.

Vibranium

Banned
The people have spoken. It's time for a Majora's Mask sequel, Nintendo would print even more money. It seems like the atmosphere really is a big hit.

Glad to see them doing well.

RM8

Why are people laughing at "3DS family"? It consist of the exact same system that plays the exact same games. Zelda is not listed as (3DS, 2DS, N3DSXL, 3DSXL) because that'd be dumb. This is not pairing 3DS with DS, like Sony does / did with Vita and PSP. Why do we need separate sales for every 3DS model?

allan-bh

“Xbox One’s fan base continues to grow with record February sales in the U.S. for Xbox One and 84 percent more consoles sold compared to January 2015."

Um... are we sure it's 276k for Xbox One?

The way they worded that is a bit weird. Couldn't the bolded part also refer to Xbox One + 360? I don't think MS would group in Xbone and 360 together though right?

February record sales, so for sure is more than 258k. I believe 84% grown is only for Xbox One.

dakun

but so were the spending habits of consumers. jan/feb always have lower sales in any retail sector because people don't spend money that early during the year.

smh at how people try so hard to downplay the order.
#9 is apparently a bomb. not to mention, the new ip in a single platform "should" outsell multiplats. not even funny how pathetic some of these posts are. it could move up two or three spots and it'll still be a flop tohl these people.

it's not about downplaying at all.. i'm very interested in the Order actually and don't even own and XBox One (I'm saying this because of your wrong assumption that i'm just out to bash this game).
I'm just stating the very probable opinion that The Order probably sold less than SO but charted because it was released in a less buy month.

But i wish you good luck in defending the success of this game.

Boke1879

With FF Typ-0 HD and FFXV demo coming out soon and then Bloodborne coming out a week later. I'd say the PS4 should have march on lock with HW and SW sales again.

Sony PR doing some damage control before the holiday drought.

*edit* apparently my post wasn't as sarcastic as i thought it was, sorry lol.

pixelation

???

Nintendo lumped together all 3DS models (regardless of HW differences because... why not?), the N3DS alone did not take the top spot by itsef... and even if it did it wouldn't be much of a shock as its quite common that when HW revisions debut they do great numbers, i see no reason for Kaz to be upset at all.

So PS4 is #1,

How can Nintendo claim the number 1 spot while combining 2 completely different SKU?

Lmfao.

PS4 is also #1 in software sales. Not sure what the OP is getting at (unless software was only for home consoles like hardware in Sony's PR).

Counting all 3DS models together makes sense though.

I'm just going to attribute this 3DS family thing to salt, because there's no other reason for that reaction by some people in this thread.

Heartfyre

Also surprised to see The Order get in when something universally praised like Sunset Overdrive could not chart.

A bit of revisionist history there. Sunset Overdrive wasn't universally praised, among critics or among players. For instance, and to be topical, it didn't win a single BAFTA earlier this evening, and I don't believe it won a Game of the Year award from a single major publication, and only a scant few nominations.

Anyway, February is often a slow month, and no more so than this year. Regardless, it's great to see console sales pick up over the previous year, especially for Microsoft, with a significant percentage boost. Overall, though, the sales numbers are packed pretty close together among all the manufacturers.

antonz

Sony would combine PS3,PS2 and PSP sales to say PlayStation Family. 3 completely different devices. 3DS and N3DS are the same system type
Jesus its like fanboys forget what their own side did for ages.

Top Bottom