• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

Speevy

Banned
Halo 3 might not hold off the Wii from certain domination, but it's going to destroy Mario, Smash, and Metroid.

nategc

Banned
but they are number 1, aren't they at 11 million worldwide odysessus...

anyway, i guess halo doesn't have selling power....:lol oh well i guess.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Speevy said:
Halo 3 might not hold off the Wii from certain domination, but it's going to destroy Mario, Smash, and Metroid.

In N.A? Probably, though I see Galaxy potentially doing very well. Worldwide..I can see Galaxy or Smash taking it.

Lo-Volt

Willy Wanka said:
cardancenin2.gif

Fixed :D

Matching their facial expressions to each movement is what makes this so good.

Speevy

Banned
Is there a program which makes matching other faces with the movements of a gif easier, or is it just meticulous pasting?

Speevy said:

Perhaps individually. By Mario, Smash and Metroid are a holy trinity. And when their NPD powers combine, they...may come close.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Speevy said:
This holiday? Yes. LTD, no so sure about it.

laserbeam

Banned
Miyamoto certainly makes nintendomination gifs easier since he is always smiling. well except when he was stuck in boredom watching assassins creed and haze then he was Serious face

Joe Molotov

Norse said:
maybe not, but it helped xbx outsell gamecube. Am I right?

So does this mean you will be dropping the "Only Nintendo fans are buying the Wii!!" argument at the end of the year, when the Wii is still outselling the 360 after Halo 3 comes out?"

Odysseus

Banned
legend166 said:

while all of gaf is ready to say they've accurately estimated europe, i won't fall in that trap. but yeah... in retrospect, i do believe 360 will be second by the end of the year and in north america sometime next year. i got my brainwaves mixed up.

Lightning

Banned
HokieJoe said:
TECMO PS3 NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 63,637

For the love of pete. If you don't buy this game people, I'll, I'll...well, I don't know what. Just buy the damn game!!!
Where are those numbers from?

They look extremely close to the Japan sale numbers

Odysseus

Banned
Joe Molotov said:
So does this mean you will be dropping the "Only Nintendo fans are buying the Wii!!" argument at the end of the year, when the Wii is still outselling the 360 after Halo 3 comes out?"

i don't know, i think he means xbox 360 will outsell gamecube.

acklame

HokieJoe said:
TECMO PS3 NINJA GAIDEN SIGMA 63,637

For the love of pete. If you don't buy this game people, I'll, I'll...well, I don't know what. Just buy the damn game!!!
umm, the game came out in july not june...

Sharp

acklame said:
umm, the game came out in july not june...
NPD period did not end until July 6 or so. And while the numbers may be correct, we're not supposed to have them unless they've been referenced in a news article or something.

lix2k3

I have to admit that I padded onto those DS numbers with my purhcase of a Polar white ds lite. Nifty little handheld....and I can see why it does these crazy numbers each month. I know I'm losing street cred everytime I pop in clubhouse games, but who cares :D

nategc

Banned
i knew wii was selling like hell but goddamn....there at 9.2 million already...:lol

i'll take second....but still, i'll still say that xbox 360 will have the best holiday season but to still say that halo 3 won't sell consoles is still dumb.

Speevy said:
Of course individually.

SSBM came pretty close to Halo 2 last gen, and now it's on a successful console. SMG is a wild card, but looking at NSMB/SPM/MP8 I'd say the Mario brand is damn strong. We shall see.

HokieJoe

Lightning said:
Where are those numbers from?

They look extremely close to the Japan sale numbers

I dunno' now. I pulled them from earlier in the thread assuming that it was from the latest NPD. Then I saw that TrojanDan was banned and figured that I might need to be less specific. Eh, I'll just delete it. That will be simpler.

_PsiFire_

nategc said:
i'll take second....but still, i'll still say that xbox 360 will have the best holiday season but to still say that halo 3 won't sell consoles is still dumb.
Re-read all the posts - nobody is refuting the fact that Halo 3 will sell consoles..

Will X360's sales pull ahead of Wii though, that's the question!!

I doubt it

laserbeam

Banned
_PsiFire_ said:
Re-read all the posts - nobody is refuting the fact that Halo 3 will sell consoles..

Will X360's sales pull ahead of Wii though, that's the question!!

I doubt it

Halo 3 will sell consoles but i think people have way too high expectations and we will never get a real sample of its selling power of the 360 as its moving right into christmas buying time.

Halo 2 gave a small boost for 1 month when it was released then sales dropped to normal.

Halo 3 will likely give a small bump but there wont be the epic bumps people are expecting. People who love Halo 3 have most likely already bought their system for Gears etc

Odysseus said:
shane kim: what?!

Shane: "Just let me do a little fact checking and I'll get back to you on that one. We were saving that announcement for X07, when we announce how the Xbox is performing in relation to the Cube."

NeoGAF: "That was last-gen."

Shane: "Are you sure about that?"

NeoGAF: "And there is no X07 this year."

Shane: "Let me get back to you."

Norse

TheGreatDave said:
So Xbox 360 is going to outsell Wii this year? I think you should bet your account on it. Just so we have some hope to hold on to.

let me pound this home for you once and for all.....the fact wii outsells eveything means squat. A vw bug outsells a Ferrari every stinkin time but that doesnt make it the better car.....both pretty much do the same thing, but ones a hell of a lot better than the other. It just doesnt sell as many units.

Doesnt matter any way..you keep playing mario, zelda and gang, and I'll keep playing the gears, halos, etc. As software is what wins, not the number of hardware you have out there. And as long as there are games we like available, &%$@ hardware numbers.

Top Bottom