• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for June 2007

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
AdmiralViscen said:
Wow, over 100k? I did not know that. Last I remember was it opening at 10k or something in Japan, and not charting in the US.

Good for it, I bought it.

Elebits is around 130k in the US and around 62k in Japan. Assuming it bombed hard in Europe and only giving it 50k, you're still looking at 250k worldwide which is certainly not bad and almost certainly profitable.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
Snaku said:
:lol Should have made the fourth guy Yamauchi.

cardancenin2.gif

Fixed :D

Those Mario Party 4 numbers...what the hell?

And Guitar Hero 2 is the best selling 360 game of 2007.

For reals, Guitar Hero. Shooter box am dead.

JavyOO7

Elebits under-selling is seriously a crime. That title deserved to sell a million copies.

...sorry, its actually my favorite Wii title. Sucks that people did not see its brilliance. I can't wait for Dewy Adventure.

Sharp

Sho_Nuff82 said:
Those Mario Party 4 numbers...what the hell?

And Guitar Hero 2 is the best selling 360 game of 2007.

For reals, Guitar Hero. Shooter box am dead.
Mario Party 4?

Guitar Hero is so awesome that it transcends console stereotypes.

Monk

Banned
>.> At the people who think that the industry wouldn't be in trouble if it wasnt for the wii. Having to sell 600k to break even is like the death of niche games. Publishers dont give a shit about anything other than the money they make. If a wii game is twice as likely to make a profit then they would make a wii game instead.

Devs on the other hand want to be making a game for the ps3 or 360, but more often than not, they cant get the funding from publishers because of the high cost and profitability of an HD game.

nategc

Banned
Deadly Monk said:
Well, once 360s price cut comes, this will be fine and dandy. September 25th would be a great day for a price cut, wouldnt you say Microsoft?

if they do that, ms will be number 1 till xbox 720

AlteredBeast

Fork 'em, Sparky!
You wonder why these topics get so big, then you see half the posts are people quoting and REquoting gifs

Congratulations on that.

I think that the NPD is renegging on its deal. We get crap for numbers nowadays. We were promised top 10s per console and stuff but we can't even get complete numbers for all the systems. :(

/wishing for the Sales-Age days of 2002

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Some of you need to remember that the Wii came out last November. Excepting an hundred and one A+ games from third parties at this point is ridiculous.

PkunkFury

AlteredBeast said:
I think that the NPD is renegging on its deal. We get crap for numbers nowadays. We were promised top 10s per console and stuff but we can't even get complete numbers for all the systems. :(

yeah, I see the top 5 for each console posted on a number of other forums, but it seems we can't even source those when they were leaked elsewhere? Will we be officially getting this data at some point so we can acknowledge it?

MaX_PL said:
100 dollar price cut and they'll be number one thru 2008.

Why?

nategc said:
2.2 million in a week says get the **** out

So your argument is this:

Halo 2 was on a console that sold 20 million worldwide, 20% of the PS2. Therefore, Halo 3's release on a more expensive console will result in 360 being the market leader.

Get the **** out yourself. Halo alone will have little impact on which console sells the most.

Someone should do the gasoline fight with the faces of Tretton, Shane Kim, and Jeff Bell with Peter Moore's mug pasted over Derek Zoolander's.

AlteredBeast said:

This post basically hit the nail on the head. We're at a loss for even a bare minimum of data here.

legend166 said:
24 million lifetime sales for the Xbox says you're wrong.

Sorry, junior.

this nategc is turning out to be a stellar poster. enjoy reading his posts would read again would subscribe to your blog would ride your amusement park rides would ride his see saw

nategc said:
.gta 4 on 360 will sell millions....throw in halo 3 :lol

This guy's like a reincarnated Hunter S. Thompson wearing an Edgar Allen Poe suit.

nategc

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
So your argument is this:

Halo 2 was on a console that sold 20 million worldwide, 20% of the PS2. Therefore, Halo 3's release on a more expensive console will result in 360 being the market leader.

Get the **** out yourself. Halo alone will have little impact on which console sells the most.

maybe your missing my point.........xbox have the best holiday season..... halo 3 is a monster.....gta 4 is a monster....potential console price drop = more user base.

TheGreatDave said:
Will sell millions of copies? Or consoles? Do you know what you're arguing?

do you....of course i'm talking about game sells..... and to say that gta 4 and halo 3 won't sell console is just stupid... i'm gonna buy a 360 for halo 3 alone. Of course i don't think this applies for everyone, but come on. :lol

Evlar

Banned
nategc said:
maybe your missing my point.........xbox have the best holiday season..... halo 3 is a monster.....gta 4 is a monster....potential console price drop = user base... PERIOD
No, we get your point. It's just wrong.

Monk

Banned
nategc said:
maybe your missing my point.........xbox have the best holiday season..... SSBB is a monster.....Wii Fit is a monster....potential console price drop = user base... PERIOD

Fixed.

nategc said:
maybe your missing my point.........xbox have the best holiday season..... halo 3 is a monster.....gta 4 is a monster....potential console price drop = user base... PERIOD

So Xbox 360 is going to outsell Wii this year? I think you should bet your account on it. Just so we have some hope to hold on to.

Threi

notag
nategc said:

you aren't in system wars anymore my friend...that kind of bullshit won't cut it here.

nategc

Banned
TheGreatDave said:
So Xbox 360 is going to outsell Wii this year? I think you should bet your account on it. Just so we have some hope to hold on to.

did i even say that? :lol

halo 3 will be massive.....i'm not even a microsoft fanboy and i know that.

Top Bottom