• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for March 2010

To everyone wondering why PS3 hardware is so poor even though it had two major releases; hardware shortages. It was reported earlier this year and apparently won't be stable till early next month.

POKEMON SOULSILVER VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 1.02M 2

POKEMON HEARTGOLD VERSION NDS NINTENDO OF AMERICA Mar-10 761.2K 5
subpar silver :(

would like to see where RS2 ended up. good #s for GOW3 and FF13

Owzers

#10 coming out at 300k+ seems like a high selling top ten. I'm disappointed that God of War 3 appears to be Sony's biggest first party opening, it doesn't deserve it. Other than that:

Rehashed Pokemon wants all your money.

FFXIII PS3 doubles 360 version, but great sales.

Bad Company 2 360 doubles PS3 version, but great sales.

Great software sales! Hardware? not so much.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
For those of you keeping track, Pokemon remakes > both versions of FF13 by like 450k.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
XiaNaphryz said:
What's the current odds on NSMB falling off the top ten chart within this year?

Pretty low probably. The MW2/NSMB Wii arguments look pretty silly right now:lol Anyone have the LTD handy?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Damn Sony need a PSP 2 asap - the hardware is being outsold by the ps2.

ds 7:1 psp - crazy....

CrushDance said:
To everyone wondering why PS3 hardware is so poor even though it had two major releases; hardware shortages. It was reported earlier this year and apparently won't be stable till early next month.
This presumes that hardware sales would have been higher, which doesn't follow logically at all based on past performance. It's an awesome excuse however.

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
GoW3 deserves that number. Incredible game and my personal favorite on the PS3. Yes, I have played and beat UC2.

matmanx1

Hardware was lower than I thought pretty much across the board. What happened to the influx of PS3's that was supposed to occur?

Nice software sales though. Kratos is still a monster, Pokemon and Final Fantasy are showing that JRPG's are not dead in the US and Battlefield is already a million seller in it's initial month. Hard to find much to complain about.

Fun factoid: Sony Studios San Diego was responsible for almost 1.5 million pieces of software being sold in the month of March. Not too shabby!

operon

These hardware shortages are at a bad time for the PS3 when all these games that are selling well on it are now, playing right into M$ hands

Superior silver is superior confirmed.:D

I haven't checked the NPD threads in a while so it's nice to see NSMB up there.

Sony is probably having a good time with the software sales too.

What were last year's numbers for this month?

duk

Banned
great job for GOW3 and FF13

I am very surprised PS3 didn't beat 360 sales with GOW and FF13 in same month

Carl

Go go Kratos :)

Hardware is a bit poor though. Maybe it would have helped is PS3s had been in stock!

Wii is unstoppable, there's a surprise

I thought this was a rather funny pattern. Final Fantasy XIII PS3 outsold Final Fantasy XIII 360, and Battlefield BC2 360 outsold Battlefield BC2 PS3. By a similar margin even.

Really kind of shocked at how well XIII did. The PS3 alone put up numbers equal to the entire first month of XII, and then the 360 moved another 500k units. Huge reversal of the series' decline in the US and going multiplatform is unquestionably a major factor.

Fantastic number for God of War 3 -- the series has now officially ascended to nearly the highest ranks pretty much out of sheer positive response to previous franchise entries -- though I expect a whole lot of crying about how the 360 still moved more hardware this month.

Nice hardware numbers all around, BTW -- this month actually looks healthy after some really anemic recent numbers.

Peff

Himuro said:
How well did past FF games sell on the first month?

Under 1 million for both systems?

I *think* FFXII didn't reach the million within the first month, so combined it's probably pretty good.

Oxx

Shame that all the dual-versions/multiple-format titles in the top ten mean we only get numbers for 7 games this month.

Aspiring

So there is still PS3 hardware shortages. So does this mean, next month GOW3 may have legs, as people pick up there consoles and games? Also poor Sony. I mean they finally land a blockbuster game with massive sales, and they got no consoles to sell :lol Really bad timing.

Anybody know the Heavy Rain numbers?

PlayStation 2 118.3K
PSP 119.9K

That is pretty depressing. Only a matter of time before the ps2 starts outselling the psp. Time to pull the plug?

Cruzader

Banned
Yes, finally a 1Mil PS3 game! Damn.

Also I will eat my crow in that I said BC2 360 would prolly beat GOW3 sales and I am glad to do so!

and lol@ the "spinners". PS3 had the terrible thing with stock. It was around mid march that Sony addressed the issue.

neutralgamer02 said:
PlayStation 2 118.3K
PSP 119.9K

That is pretty depressing. Only a matter of time before the ps2 starts outselling the psp. Time to pull the plug?
I think the GO actually stalled sales :lol :lol

Top Bottom