• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NPD Sales Results for September 2014 [Up1: Smash/HW/MK8, Destiny stats, 3DS HW]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon

Banned
Lol, was digital downloading full games even possible then?

Didn't you say newer titles were at 25-30% digital? So whatever Destiny did at retail add another 25% or so. +1 since I was one of those preloaded fools filling the OT with cries of 12:00amPsT waiting

Without actual numbers, no reason to speculate really. I'm one of the people too. Hopefully NPD tracks digitally in the future.

logikk

Neo Member
Is this a joke?

Sorry, I don't know anymore....

MS should do well starting the end of October -> November. Sunset Overdrive Bundle, AC: Unity Bundle, MCC and CoD Bundle.

Also, there aren't that many games coming out in Oct (besides that ones that already have), so that should be quite interesting.

KoopaTheCasual

FFVII remake will probably be the next to break records.
Hypothetically, let's say this fabled remake is real, right? Isn't it's sales counting all re-releases only just over 10million? I know FFVII is known by all gamers, but I don't know if they'd all show up to buy a remake, just because the overzealous fans won't stop dreaming of it.

Aint got time to backtrack 60 pages of this thread.. Where did it said that Destiny sold more on xbon ethan on PS4?

First Post. Then the next 60 pages explain that if you fully read the first post, the ordinal ranking of sales (XB1, PS4, 360, PS3) does not include bundled sales of which there was at least 269k

TL;DR Please read the OP carefully thanks

logikk

Neo Member
Aint got time to backtrack 60 pages of this thread.. Where did it said that Destiny sold more on xbon ethan on PS4?

It's in the list of consoles for the game. The order listed is the order on how well they sold. This doesn't include games that were in bundles though (so the PS4 had many more copies of Destiny sold than is in the NPD numbers).

npd_home_m112kok3.png

After 11 NPD months:

Wii: 4.53m
PS4: 4.49m
PS2: 3.75m
XBO: 3.49m

Wii October 2007: 519k / 5.05m first year.

Maybe Sony can give away some free PS4 this month to match that.

Wii U: 2.78 million
I find it interesting the GameCube had a stronger launch then the Xbox 360. It goes to show how much the year head start, lower price and ps3 blunders helped it out in year 2

David___

Banned
Odd, it always seemed Watch_Dogs had the bigger marketing.

I recall Ubi touting it as the biggest new IP launch of all time :3

Either way, Destiny outselling it is wonderful.

Well it did come out 4 months before Destiny, in which case they were correct at the time.

?

How do you define that--because there are already a bunch of ID@Xbox games and it's not like every indie does the same as everybody else.
I just don't see it being as fruitful as what Sony is doing.

MS has more hoops to go through and the bigger the gap gets between the two, the harder it is to justify going through said hoops unless you can wait to release on both platforms simultaneously, which isn't the reality for most indies if I had to guess.

freefornow

Gold Member
MS should do well starting the end of October -> November. Sunset Overdrive Bundle, AC: Unity Bundle, MCC and CoD Bundle.

It will keep them in the game, but I feel that PS4 will roll on and continue to surpass (so much momentum with the PS4).
I'm not sure MS will win another NPD this gen (yeah, big call and almost "Pachteresque")

Piggus

That's a pretty damn good XBox One number, no?

I mean, it continues the trend of looking bad in comparison to PS4, but I think the One is doing pretty well, all things concerned. Microsoft probably had a better first year than Sony did with the PS3, ya?

In the US, sure. The Bone is getting shithoused everywhere else though. If the US were the only territory MS cared about then I'm sure they'd be perfectly satisfied despite still being behind. Unfortunately that's not the case.

orochi91

Hypothetically, let's say this fabled remake is real, right? Isn't it's sales counting all re-releases only just over 10million? I know FFVII is known by all gamers, but I don't know if they'd all show up to buy a remake, just because the overzealous fans won't stop dreaming of it.

All comes down to marketing. I can imagine massive front loaded sales, but then a drastic fall off from there.

ascii42

I find it interesting the GameCube had a stronger launch then the Xbox 360. It goes to show how much the year head start, lower price and ps3 blunders helped it out in year 2

360 was very supply constrained for its first few months on the market. Hard to really make a comparison.

Verendus

Banned
I'm pretty sure it was....until Destiny.
Hold on, hold on. I have my song now.

You are my Destiny
You are my shining star
Shining every night
And shining, oh, so, bright
You are my everything, my Destiny

It was just yesterday when I felt so weak
Never winning, and troubled in my sleep
A long road it was, beginning with Kutaragi
Now I've overcome it aaaaallll, thanks to the end of the PS3
I began anew, with courage once forgotten
I staggered onward, no longer was I rotten
It was my time now, to bask in the sun
Because I have you now, the fate that makes me ruuuuuuuun!

You are my Destinyyyyyy
You are my shining staaaaaaaaar
Shining every niiiiiiiiight
And shining, oh, so, briiiiiiight
You are my everything, my Destinyyyyyyyyyy

Wish me luck. Gonna try to sell this shit to Activision. Get Beyonce in that recording booth.

orochi91

Hold on, hold on. I have my song now.

You are my Destiny
You are my shining star
Shining every night

It was just yesterday when I felt so weak
Never winning, and troubled in my sleep
A long road it was, beginning with Kutaragi
Now I've overcome it aaaaallll, thanks to the end of the PS3
I began anew, with courage once forgotten
I staggered onward, no longer was I rotten
It was my time now, to bask in the sun
Because I have you now, the fate that makes me ruuuuuuuun!

You are my Destiny
You are my shining star
Shining every night

Wish me luck. Gonna try to sell this shit to Activision. Get Beyonce in that recording booth.

Lana Del Ray is GOAT.

jayu26

It's been hell of a Thursday. Okay time for me to catch up, unless someone wants to summaries or point to the funny and pertinent numbers stuff.

It will keep them in the game, but I feel that PS4 will roll on and continue to surpass (so much momentum with the PS4).
I'm not sure MS will win another NPD this gen (yeah, big call and almost "Patcheresque")

That is pretty brave honestly. Who knows Gears 4 might hit in a month PS4 doesn't have any major releases or something like that. Month to month sales for predictions years from now is pretty risky territory when it comes to predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom