• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NVIDIA releases DOOM PC footage of the game running w/ the Vulkan API - 1080p@60fps

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
This looks like what the original Doom felt like in my mind.
Well the speed does. When I watched it made me think it was fast enough running around. But all the jumping back and forth took me out. The original didn't have jumping so I guess it doesn't feel right. But I'm probably also a bit spoiled by Brutal DOOM and it just didn't feel brutal enough to me. I'm used to using a chain gun to tear through a group of enemies when I need to.

Also, I really don't like the setting, at least that we've seen in this video. It feels too "futuristic generic shooter" to me. DOOM had a unique feel to it. This just looks like every other FPS in the future. It needs its own DOOM style or it's just going to fall to the same fate as DOOM 3. And none of the enemies really screamed DOOM to me either. One of them resembled an Imp kind of, but for the most part they looked like generic alien enemies. I know there's other real DOOM enemies later but the lower classes just look too generic.

Yeah, this sold me on the game. Maybe not day 1, bur definitely down the line, maybe in a 20-30% off sale.

Godamn, everything is so smooth, fast, frantic and beautifully violent.

I fucking love the sense of speed, reminds me of quake 3 and unreal tournie days.

I'm fucking glad it's back, well at least in one game.

Top Bottom