• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

nVidia Synergistic Media Element??

Kleegamefan

K. LEE GAIDEN
From PSINext Forums:

Originally Posted by Pistolero
Is that your dream GPU ?

of course it is! ; ), i mean who wont want a RSX with G70 controlling 4-6 specialized core !? Great for hilbert tile rendering and creating realistic images(Monte Carlo)

My guess on the RSX(its almost CES time), i suggest everyone start guessing! cuz its the last chance you'll get...

RSX,design somewhat like the Cell, it does away with the tradition long GPU pipeline appoarch. In Cell the PPE is the main process, in RSX a custom G70 is the main processor. Custom as in no pure video, no ultra shadow 2, no cineFX.

The PPE in cell can control the SPE, in the RSX, the custom G70 core can control 4-6 specailized multi-purpose multi-way programmable core( vertex shadering, pixel shading, lighting,etc).

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/615/rsx6hb.jpg

Synergistic Media Element (SME, aka visualizer) handles all vertex,shading, lighting(direct/indrect), shadow calculation

G70x, handles antialiasing, post process, motion blur.

http://web.axelero.hu/varga1973/rsx.JPG

Anyone have any Ideas about this?

1) Just speculation.

2) Too good to be true.

3) Major (Nelson) ownage if true.

PS) Why "can't see shit"? No avatars on the forum?

sangreal

Did you even read the post before making this thread? Its some random guy's guess on what the RSX may be like. The second diagram you posted isn't even part of the post -- it is one of version's bullshit diagrams.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
:D

Sounds extremley interesting. FlexIO is there for a reason!

sangreal said:
Did you even read the post before making this thread? Its some random guy's guess on what the RSX may be like. The second diagram you posted isn't even part of the post -- it is one of version's bullshit diagrams.

Its not as random as one would think. The post itself isn't making out the GPU to be some super special Processor. Its a G70 but with alot of the filler taken out (thats only needed by a PC). The rest of the stuff thats stated is RSX and Cell interactions.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
BlueTsunami said:
Its not as random as one would think. The post itself isn't making out the GPU to be some super special Processor. Its a G70 but with alot of the filler taken out (thats only needed by a PC). The rest of the stuff thats stated is RSX and Cell interactions.

But in this speculation, the RSX/Cell interaction is between a controlling G70-esque core and SPU-like "SMEs", it's all on the one die.

It is just someone's speculation, rather unlikely speculation at that IMO.

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
gofreak said:
But in this speculation, the RSX/Cell interaction is between a controlling G70-esque core and SPU-like "SMEs", it's all on the one die.

Gah, thats true. I was reading it as something else. Its an interesting concept but coming from Psinext it probably just is hopefull speculation.

and sangreal, if that diagram is from version that yeah, i'm with you about it being a BS diagram :lol

*I just viewed the Diagram (over at B3D not Psinext)...I wonder where version comes up with these ideas. I thought he was refereing to Cell <--> RSX (utilaztion of the SPEs) but having those "SMEs" (I believe) won't happen.

I've heard of visualizer before though, wasn't that a Toshiba thing or the "Cell GPU"?

Top Bottom