• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FZZ

Banned
Some updates on reddi from scurvixt:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4bo5bn/some_info/

so for button configuration, the only way you can change anything is by adding an attachment with buttons. so you CAN have physical buttons if you really want them, but you'll need to buy the attachment separately.
i don't think you'll want to though because the touch buttons are really good. it doesn't feel exactly like physical buttons, but you can still push down and feel when they've been pressed because of the haptic feedback thing. if you run your fingers across them quickly, you wont feel the buttons, same as when the device is off... but that doesn't matter much because you'll very quickly get used to the positioning of the buttons. i'll admit, it does take a little bit to get used to it, but you'll forget about it after using it for a few hours.
As for the handheld, i dont really know. all I know of is the console, core gamepad(s) and the attachments. I'll update once i know more.
the price is lower, but that doesn't mean this isn't a powerful console. it may not exceed the ps4 (i don't know for sure), but it is definitely on the same level, if not, better than the xbone. that all doesn't really matter though, the games that will be announced will make you forget about the console. :)))

Still don't like the fact that it's only within the range of the PS4/XB1

especially since PS4.5 and XB2 are rumored to be coming so soon

ugh

with all that said he mentioned price which makes no sense

brau

so for button configuration, the only way you can change anything is by adding an attachment with buttons. so you CAN have physical buttons if you really want them, but you'll need to buy the attachment separately.
i don't think you'll want to though because the touch buttons are really good. it doesn't feel exactly like physical buttons, but you can still push down and feel when they've been pressed because of the haptic feedback thing. if you run your fingers across them quickly, you wont feel the buttons, same as when the device is off... but that doesn't matter much because you'll very quickly get used to the positioning of the buttons. i'll admit, it does take a little bit to get used to it, but you'll forget about it after using it for a few hours.
As for the handheld, i dont really know. all I know of is the console, core gamepad(s) and the attachments. I'll update once i know more.
the price is lower, but that doesn't mean this isn't a powerful console. it may not exceed the ps4 (i don't know for sure), but it is definitely on the same level, if not, better than the xbone. that all doesn't really matter though, the games that will be announced will make you forget about the console. :)))

If he adds that the controller doesn't come with a power cord and that power cord is the same as the 3DS or wiiU cable i'll believe him. Because that is the standard that Nintendo has so far.

I'm pretty sure 3D World doesn't apply here. In addition to the GamePad, you could use the Wii U Pro Controller, the Wii Remote by itself, the Wii Remote with a Nunchuk, or a Wii Classic Controller (Pro) to play the game.

You had to use the touch controls and blow into the mic in a few levels. I don't remember there being a workaround for that during solo play. I think the same thing was in Captain Toad, if I'm remembering correctly.

Okay I'm ready to post my conspiracy theory.

Ready? I believe it's fake and the shell is 3D printed fitted with a glossy plastic "Screen".

The nubs don't look like they move at all (paired with a convenient "alibi" by saying "they're not supposed to move"). Also some weird scratches on the thumbstick nub.

ocOQqc8.jpg

Still #TeamReal

-Horizon-

ewww attachments I have to pay for

I've grown numb to all these 'leaks' today. Don't even care anymore.

BowieZ

Banned
It could slot into a portable shell.
It's more the other way round, surely?

For the console it could slot into a comfortable shell with buttons so you don't have to look down constantly.

For the portable, you have the option of slipping it out of its shell to take anywhere.

And he writes that he knows what you get on launch day? And how the final product looks? SURE!

Nanashrew

Banned

One of the patents did describe interchangeable physical face buttons. Interesting. I don't believe they''d make them sold separately though, that seems like something you'd want to pack in with the system.

Simbabbad

It's not a bubble, it's the actual physical screen lifted up by pneumatics to simulate a button. When you "press it" the depression goes inward.
We're talking about a company that made the Wiimote's speaker so cheap you could barely make out the sounds coming out of it, just to save a few pennies. Why would they spend so much work and money to replace a basic technology nobody complained about? If this is indeed the controller for the NX home console, what's the upside of this compared to actual buttons? Being able to change their labels? As if I care while I'm looking at the TV...

I adored the Wii. I love the Wii U. I had confidence in those two from day one, and I wasn't disappointed. The Wii U is my only current-gen home console. But if buttons are indeed replaced by digital buttons on the NX, I'll just stick to Steam. This is just suicidal.

Zoon

Sold

DNAbro

Who the hell is that? That isn't the leaker and I see no proof that he knows anything

iMax

Ass tales.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
They should market this as a vertical mirror accessory for Amiibos. It would sell like hot cakes. But the secret is it's a controller to. So that's when you unveil the NX system.

Now all of the Amiibo collectors who bought the mirror, are going to want to unlock it's secret controller function, so they buy up the NX hardware in droves.

It may not be lightning in a bottle, but it's a brilliant Trojan horse sales strategy. Watch and see.

jblank83

Okay I'm ready to post my conspiracy theory.

Ready? I believe it's fake and the shell is 3D printed fitted with a glossy plastic "Screen".

The nubs don't look like they move at all (paired with a convenient "alibi" by saying "they're not supposed to move"). Also some weird scratches on the thumbstick nub.

ocOQqc8.jpg

Still #TeamReal

That's what I said in the last topic. How does this stick even move? It absolutely looks 3d printed.

77ZnfPa.png

How the fuck is this supposed to be ergonomic?

How is it not? It's two ergonomic grips, just like every controller this gen (Classic Controller Pro, Xbox One, PS4). I'd be more concerned about the lack of buttons.

Madao

again, Nintendo ditches the hardcore to latch onto some casual nonsense.

if this goes big, it will be like the Wii all over again. they'll probably make the machine just as powerful as the Wii U to save more money since they know they won't get any support.

also, this means F-Zero is truly dead. you can't make a new one with that controller. even Metroid could work but not F-Zero.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
How would a dev even know the price of the console?

Pack it up, this shit is fake. He had us going with the photos but the accompanying posts gave him away real hard.

It's not the same guy who posted the images.

Edit: the "guy from the future" is obviously fake. I'm not sure why people keep posting his crap in this thread, it's just muddying up the water.

That's it, I'm done. After reading that reddit post I'll just patiently wait until E3 (or shortly before hopefully) for the official Nintendo reveal lol

Azalean

Banned

This is probably bullshit. How the Hell would he know the price?

Maxim726X

This gives me some hope... Some. At least we would have the option, if true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom