• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god its real isn't it?

If you get snap on ergonomic grips like the patent that puts my comfort fears aside
If it has a haptive feedback like the steam controller (and from reading posts like apples 3D touch) then that could work, although i'd prefer physical buttons (although that idea of clip on buttons for could work if refined from the cheap products on the market now

It feels very premium for a nintendo product, very much like i'd have guessed apple would have produced something if they went into gaming - perhaps that is it? appeal to the ipod crowd? have a console that can easily run traditional games but also mobile games?

Could this be the new Wii? but good and by those rumours on par with the competition?

Plesiades

NjLUlBO.png

Pancake Mix

Copied someone else's pancake recipe
It's true...all of it.

It still has a football shape of all things though, which is downright bizarre. I'll wait and see, I probably love Nintendo's gimmicks 70 percent of the time, but no physical buttons are close to a dealbreaker for me, "haptic feedback" or whatever be damned. I do think both leaks were real now though. Neither leaker claimed they weren't prototypes for one, which some people just couldn't wrap their head around.

Galang

Banned
I would think nintendo has gone through extensive testing to cover the general concerns that would come up regarding response and intuitiveness in terms of the controller.
Say what you will about the game pad, but its not the real reason the Wii U was unsuccessful.

Especially considering Nintendo's stance on buttons. I have complete faith in them

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
kramer_im_out.gif

Nintendo's biggest problem with the Wii U is an underutilized controller that can't be unbundled from the system, severely limiting their price flexibility. Instead of uncoupling from that problem, they're going to double down on it?

I can learn to live with no face buttons (Nintendo have decades of experience with input schemes. If someone can make digital buttons work well, it'll be them). My main problem is the oval shape. It just doesn't make any sense to me. Just... why?

The only reason I can think of is purely to make it look different from every other device out there. I can't think of technical or ergonomic reasons why it would be better than a regular rectangular shape, and just looking at the oval shape makes it look really uncomfortable to hold.

if its anything like an iPhone 6s +... it doesnt feel anything like a button press... just a weird buzz, no click, no give and take... just a buzz when pressed and a smaller buzz when finger is lifted off the screen.

I wouldn't assume it's idenitcal to the iphone 6S by any means. They compared it to apple, but mostly just to say that it isn't just normal rumble. Apple is probably the most familiar product experience people would likely have with such technology, so it's a good use, but that doesn't mean it's identical in any way shape or form, or even that there isn't more relevant, but less widely used, examples that would be closer to what this is.

I'm going to repeat my stance that this should be a wait for hands on situation. It could be absolutely horrible. But it might not be, so lets wait before we cast judgement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom