• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrawnton

I'm keeping my expectations in check, for real. I think Mario (and maybe Zelda) is all we're about to see today.

Just saying though...
It's the other way around in my opinion. Zelda then maybe Mario. Especially if they want to make the handheld seem like a huge leap over 3DS. Showing Zelda will give you that WOW factor if it's on a handheld.

The real question is if we are going to get a controller with a matte finish or not. Hopefully Nintendo makes the right choice this time around.

Nintendo is up 3,34%
niJu8Yd.png

Let's hope the announcement doesn't tank it.

Rise on speculation, tank on news.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
A quick demonstration/skit of new hardware would be demonstrated by showing software on the screen. No one is expecting 10-20 games being revealed, but perhaps Zelda and 1 other being shown at most (that is being optimistic). Moreover, there have been tweets suggesting Mario related materials.

That's fair and hinted already by rumours, Zelda and maybe Mario. But more than that?

Woffls

Nintendo are only going first so Rockstar can add the NX logo to the end of the RDR2 trailer, right?
That happening would be a huge deal, but I just can't see it unless NX is trivial to develop for alongside Xbox One/PS4. Even then... Rockstar would probably need convincing.

I don't know why everyone think's we're going to be seeing new games?

It's 3 minutes long.

Quick 30 second intro > 2 minutes 15 seconds on the hardware detailing specs with a revolving camera around it > 15 second outro

I don't think they would spend the reveal trailer about specs. They would want to appeal to casual players- people who don't care about that stuff and would want to see it in action.

thefro

I'm trying to keep my expectations low. A new Mario, the Zelda port, RDR2 and Final Fantasy 6 remake is all I'm thinking will be there.

It's 3 minutes, I doubt they're going to show more than a game or two.

If we get some other announcements from third parties it would be later in the day.

Basically expect nothing except the name, what it does (briefly), footage of Zelda and maybe Mario.

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
There's also the rumor that at least three third parties are waiting for this reveal to announce games for the NX.

Not that that will necessarily happen today, but it's somewhat exciting nonetheless.

Yeah, but not in this 3 minutes video. I fully expect more info coming in the near future. But Metroid or I don't know what other fantasy? Come on! Why not Half Life 3?

rjinaz

I'm kinda hyped and I haven't had a Nintendo console since the 64!

Well personally I'm interested because of Zelda. I'm a huge open world RPG fan. But definitely cautiously optimistic. I haven't liked Nintendo hardware for over a decade. I was pretty big into the GC but I was in high school then, just a child, just a child.

this is going to be an announcement of an announcement.

Reggie is going to tell big, dumb costumed Mario to go to sleep.

Mario is going to wake up in the middle of the night, wander around the office and then sneak into the NX room.

As he peeks around the curtain (like the image in the OP), the screen fades to the date of the actual reveal.

we just watched a 3 minute skit for no reason.

Yeah, but not in this 3 minutes video. I fully expect more info coming in the near future. But Metroid or I don't know what other fantasy? Come on! Why not Half Life 3?

Why not just skip to Half Life 4?

Yes I agree that some people's expectations are a bit too high here. I think Mario and/or Zelda is all we'll be seeing. Hopefully drastically improved videos if just Zelda

Matbtz

PlayerEssence is doing a live reveal system reaction on youtube, if you want to see his face melt during the reveal of the hybrid.

I don't expect to see Reggie or Bill or anybody from Nintendo in this reveal trailer. I think it's going to be a serious presentation since it will make the first impression for NX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom