• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

finalflame

1339605827_excited_fan.gif

HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOLY FUCKING SHIT

Thraktor

Retail wont have coax obvs, but id be interested to learn why it exists on dev kits.

I suspect it's used as a replacement for wireless interfaces, to prevent interference if you've got lots of dev hardware in one place. In this case it would seem that there's one for each detachable controller.

So what does everyone think we'll get tomorrow?

Official name?

View of the console itself?

Footage from launch titles?

Name, console, concept, some Zelda footage, Mario teaser, stay tuned!

It'll be nice to finally know what the hardware is, but really, I could care less. It's the games I want to know about.

I am torn between purchasing an Xbox One this holiday season, and waiting some more months to get the NX when it launches. In an ideal world, I would buy both...in an ideal world. :-(

Vandole

I can't wait for the video :D

It'll be 2 and a half minutes of Reggie shouting, calling us impatient, obnoxious sons of bitches, and then 30 seconds of "... YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED??!

IT'S CALLED THE NINTENDO FUCK U!! GET IT??

YOU WANNA SEE IT? GO ASK YOUR MOTHER TO SHOW IT TO YOU; I LEFT MINE IN HER ROOM LAST NIGHT!!

YOU WANNA KNOW HOW POWERFUL IT IS?? IT'S PRETTY DAMN POWERFUL! I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE GUESS WHO'S CALLING MY DICK THE NX??

YOUR MOM!!"
:D

Best Direct ever!

Malakai

The 3DS isn't marketed as a hybrid console.

If the NX is the successor of the 3DS, and only that (not some hybrid thingy), it would be a dream come true for handheld gamers.

Now when you tell me this is also the home console, I'm being disappointed, because at home, you can make much, much better hardware.

Can you at least wait 12 more hours before criticizing the thing. I mean how would we know anything about the hardware quality if we haven't even seen the the device yet. How many insiders have said that it can handle ports from Xbox One and PS4 with ease? So, spec wont be an issue. I don't get it.

Manoko

All I wanted was a traditionnal home console, powerful, with the twist being that you can benefit from the cloud (of all others NX players in your area) like the patent suggested.
With some kind of online subscription.

That would be a dream come true.

aesinv

Neo Member
Well, there was a lot I had to get done tonight but I guess I can kiss all of that goodbye.

Here's to hoping that the 3 minute preview doesn't create even more questions and make the full reveal wait that much more unbearable.

wsippel

Banned
saw this on 4chan, what do you make of it.
1476927537715.jpg
Proprietary Nintendo connectors for power and gamepad and connectors for external WLAN antennas, which is pretty common for devkits (as is the ethernet port). Doesn't look outlandish, doesn't really tell us much - I'd say it's real.

AdanVC

That tweet would have more retweets if it wasn't for that creepy look on Mario.

I just can't believe the speculation will be finally over. Just focus on the actual console and its games!

YES!! Finally all of that coming to an end. After 10 months in 2016!

Manoko

Can you at least wait 12 more hours before criticizing the thing. I mean how would we know anything about the hardware quality if we haven't even seen the the device yet. How many insiders have said that it can handle ports from Xbox One and PS4 with ease? So, spec wont be an issue. I don't get it.

Mobile chips that would handle direct ports from PS4/XBO don't exist yet, to my knowledge.

Unless you want a battery life of 1-2 hours, and a console so hot you have to get gloves (since it won't be active cooling of course in a handheld).

And you're delusionnal to think Nintendo can't be relevant in the power race again.

A Gamecube 2 could sell very well, if marketed well (Nintendo first party software is probably the best there is, and having the superior version on all the multiplatforms would help too).

It has been explained multiple times why a powerful Nintendo console wouldn't get 3rd party support and those imbedded in the Sony and Microsoft community. Only crazy people think it is possible.

Krowley

To be honest I'm leaning towards it being real. It's a boring black box with a screen and all the ports you'd expect. Seems like a dev kit to me.

Agree. None of the flashy things you would expect from a fake. It's just a tablet with coax cable inputs.

Woffls

I suspect it's used as a replacement for wireless interfaces, to prevent interference if you've got lots of dev hardware in one place. In this case it would seem that there's one for each detachable controller.
Oh neat, so the 2.4ghz (or whatever) can just be sent through a sheilded cable to emulate wireless signals.

Manoko

It has been explained multiple times why a powerful Nintendo console wouldn't get 3rd party support and those imbedded in the Sony and Microsoft community. Only crazy people think it is possible.

And yet you have people seriously thinking that RDR2 might be ported to NX too.

maxcriden

I believe that is correct

Thanks!

So what does everyone think we'll get tomorrow?

Official name?

View of the console itself?

Footage from launch titles?

Name, console, concept, some Zelda footage, Mario teaser, stay tuned!

It'll be nice to finally know what the hardware is, but really, I could care less. It's the games I want to know about.

I think Laura said Zelda only in terms of games. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
I just can't believe the speculation will be finally over. Just focus on the actual console and its games!

Lol. Next begins the best part: speculating what GAMES the thing will have. It'll be just like early 2013 with the Wii U all over again .

I can't wait for the video :D

It'll be 2 and a half minutes of Reggie shouting, calling us impatient, obnoxious sons of bitches, and then 30 seconds of "... YOU WANNA KNOW WHAT IT'S CALLED??!

IT'S CALLED THE NINTENDO FUCK U!! GET IT??

YOU WANNA SEE IT? GO ASK YOUR MOTHER TO SHOW IT TO YOU; I LEFT MINE IN HER ROOM LAST NIGHT!!

YOU WANNA KNOW HOW POWERFUL IT IS?? IT'S PRETTY DAMN POWERFUL! I SHOULD KNOW BECAUSE GUESS WHO'S CALLING MY DICK THE NX??

YOUR MOM!!"
:D

GOAT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom