• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think that devkit is real.

If so, that is sleek.

JohnTinker

Limbaugh Parrot
Those connectors in the rear are BNC connectors, they are a worldwide standard connection in the media production world. Distinct possibility that it could be a real devkit

Javier

YfREhkq.png

VanWinkle

I just PRAAAAAY that power is a pretty decent step up from Wii U. I'd even be content with a halfway point between Wii U and PS4 as long as the system is cheap.

TrueOutlook

Neo Member
Sounds pretty interesting, I wonder how much of an information dump they're going to give us, I hope its something substantial, but considering its pretty early (maybe) I'm not keeping my hopes up.

After seeing that image, looks like I'm staying awake for the reveal regardless, someone give Mario an axe

If the image is of a real devkit I dont understand why the picture looks like an Promotional Photo made to make it look "good." Why would they make a professional photo for a dev kit? Every picture of devkits from past consoles are of the actual devkit itself in someones hand or on a desk or something. I have yet to see one made up to look like an advertising photo.

Yeah I was wondering the same thing. It could be a promotional picture provided to developers to show what the devkit they're ordering looks like. I don't know if that's a thing though.

Vena

So I have highlighted the curious things I noted and what I think is what from the potential dev kit.

The "dock" is not how I expected this thing to dock at all, its flush with the entire back. And second, both units have heat exhaust?

What the fuck is in each part?

Calling BS. Nintendo consoles don't have Ethernet. Then you wouldn't have to buy an adapter.

Thays supposedly the devkit. Looks basic enough. Big screen though if that ethernet port is anything to go by maybe the devkit screen is 1080 amd gpu scales to a 6.2 inch 720 screen.

Be interesting if it does have 2 gpus. How will it work?

Manoko

Not for me. Would much prefer a decent traditional controller.

We in this together, brotha'.

Obviously they are crazy.

Doesn't seem that far fetched to me.
Well, it does seem far fetched if the NX is indeed a hybrid console, Rockstar wouldn't develop for this.

Didn't early rumours about the NX said that Nintendo wanted to get close to third party developers again and even asked for advice ?

tdwig

Neo Member
This came out of absolutely nowhere! Looks like I'm gonna have trouble sleeping tonight... Nintendo why do you do this!

Hydrus

So we still gonna get a blowout reveal event this year or is that gonna get pushed to January like I've been thinking this whole time?

Tambini

If the image is of a real devkit I dont understand why the picture looks like an Promotional Photo made to make it look "good." Why would they make a professional photo for a dev kit? Every picture of devkits from past consoles are of the actual devkit itself in the real world environment, sometimes in someones hand or on a desk or something. I have yet to see one made up to look like an advertising photo.

mm that's what i was thinking too

Kinsei

Banned
not to be that guy....but...

how much can they really show and explain in 3 minutes?

The system and showing off that it's a hybrid by showing someone playing Zelda at home and then taking it on the go. It will hopefully end with the full reveal date.

MuchoMalo

Banned
Agreed. That fan vent, though...

If they've gone as far as custom moulding a case, then it would make sense that it's a relatively final dev kit. Which means that if it's actively cooled, the final product probably is too...

Time to update my NX performance spreadsheet.

2SMs at 1.275GHz, and 8 A72 cores at 2GHz.

We won't know until 1-3 months launch though.

We in this together, brotha'.

Doesn't seem that far fetched to me.
Well, it does seem far fetched if the NX is indeed a hybrid console, Rockstar wouldn't develop for this.

Didn't early rumours about the NX said that Nintendo wanted to get close to third party developers again and even asked for advice ?

brofist.gif

So I have highlighted the curious things I noted and what I think is what from the potential dev kit.

The "dock" is not how I expected this thing to dock at all, its flush with the entire back. And second, both units have heat exhaust?

I don't think the dock is in that picture. It just looks like the screen portion in two different angles.

I fall asleep early tonight and I woke up at 4 am...checked my phone and....THIS happend?! Wow guys, after so many months of speculating it is finally time. It feels so bittersweet!

Maybe the screen is the detachable part so it has its own fan, and the second fan and part with all the ports is the dock?

The final design must look better than this.

Of course it will, come on. It's a dev kit (if real) use common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom