• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

What are you talking about, cringeworthy? :O

That reveal video was very good. Lots of great ideas and the Wii Sports things really surprised me. It was something I never ever expected.

Sorry but other than Zelda in HD, that E3 2011 WiiU reveal video was catastrophically bad. First impressions are everything.

Yeah it's not only the NX 3 minute reveal.

Right after that we're going to get games announced for it from third party devs! Damn it's going to be an amazing day.

This feels like the last big console hype.

I think the Vita is dead. The PS5 and Nextbox will be iterative improvements on the PS4 Pro and Scorpio, with effortless backwards compatibility (essentially like updating your PC)

The NX is the last big question. Iwata expressed interest in having something like the iOS ecosystem, so I think if the console does well the only hardware in the future will be the NX2, with the library carrying over.

Its kinda weird to think about.

Good point. If we are truly headed towards an incremental console future, this could be the last big paradigm shift as we know it.

3 minutes? For the initial unveil?

What the hell...

3 minutes is perfectly long enough for an epic 1st trailer that will raise hype levels. I'm sure we'll get plenty more details as we get closer to March.

Plus, hell, the trailer could be 30 seconds for all I care. It'd still be better than the silence Nintendo was subjecting us to literally hours ago.

As someone who keeps telling myself that I will never buy a Nintendo product again I'm excited to see what this thing is. If the rumors are true I'll probably be skipping this but man I'm excited to see some New Nintendo hardware.

RaidenXZ

tumblr_o6w14uCPkx1s9bcqro5_500.gif

My Reggie body is ready for tomorrow. Sleep tight tonight gaf, for tomorrow we 404 this place!

Also, don't disappoint me with the melt downs either. My F5 key is so not ready for this.

Okay, predicting this now:

This teaser presentation will show almost nothing.
People will go crazy. Positively crazy at first, then batshit insane after it because they didn't show enough or even anything at all.
It all ends with a date for the full reveal in the form of a Direct set for next week at the earliest.

Okay, predicting this now:

This teaser presentation will show almost nothing.
People will go crazy. Positively crazy at first, then batshit insane after it because they didn't show enough or even anything at all.
It all ends with a date for the full reveal in the form of a Direct set for next week at the earliest.

Nope.

AgeEighty

Trying to keep my expectations low even while my excitement is high.

What I've heard about the concept of the NX doesn't sound like an especially compelling pitch to consumers, especially if they're chasing the mobile market, but I do hope they surprise me. And I'll probably be buying it either way.

If the leaked pics are close to accurate I'm really curios to see the controllers and how compact they'll be to hopefully keep the size down.

Gamer79

Predicts the worst decade for Sony starting 2022
The sad news is if emily is right the hybrid console thing confirmed? I just want a home console not some hybrid crap.

AgeEighty

I wonder what the chances are of being able to preorder tomorrow or the day after are? It's sad that I'm ready to drop cash on something I have never seen yet.

There's a non-zero chance they could put in at the end, "Oh and by the way, NES Classic Edition preorders are now open!" But with only three minutes to unveil the NX I kind of doubt they'll go off on any tangents.
But I kind of hope they do anyway.

AniHawk

I respectfully disagree... that video was what introduced 95% of Nintendo's potential customers to the Wii U. No casual observer took any notice of what Reggie said during that E3.

Watching it back, I'm almost in disbelief of how bad the messaging was. The only thing that was focused on was the controller, and the games shown looked practically identical to their Wii brethren - you've got New Super Mario Bros, Wii Sports, and other Mii-related things. Nowhere do they indicate these are new games. Apart from Zelda, there wasn't even any noticeable upgrade in visuals, which is what the majority of people associate with a new console generation.

In addition to that, the games shown were terribly disappointing for the diehard Nintendo fans (with the exception of Zelda - which was nothing more than a tech demo). And the technology was about 5 years too late. They needed to focus on what was unique to their platform and differentiated them from everyone else - the quality of their first-party titles and the unique ways the GamePad could be used to interface with them. They tried this a bit with the Wii Sports segment, but generally the applications shown seemed very gimmicky.

Now I can't imagine they'll have the same problem with this upcoming reveal but I do worry that Nintendo continues to focus on an imaginary casual blue ocean audience that has all but dried up at this point in the west.

no casual user is watching e3. that video was a thing they only showed at their press conference. the video is a proof of concept and it delivered more than the wii u did within its first two years. where nintendo lost people was the subsequent messaging. if you want something that is cringeworthy, check out the seizure-inducing dubstep launch commercials.

Smash 4 is great for new characters, but the things Project M did with reverse-engineered tools on a last-generation hardware base sometimes put it to shame.

Yep, it's amazing what they did only having compiled code and PowwerPC assembly to work with. PM will always be my favorite Smash game, "official" or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom