• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone who knows of Laura should know she's not prone to shooting her mouth off without actually having reliable sources.

I'd put way more faith in this all coming to pass than any other predictions made on 'insider knowledge' any day of the week.

Spec sheet distribution is a surprise though! A very pleasent one mind, but I'd have thought that would be only available after a full blowout. Neat!

Laura's twitter regarding spec sheet said it will come via press release soon, but before October ends. So it could come out next week for all we know.

I have a hard time imagining there is enough of an audience willing to pay more than that for Nintendo hardware. Price is key for Nintendo. If they didn't learn that from last gen they haven't learned anything.

Specs aren't everything when it comes to pricing. There's also concept and the tech behind it. Even if it isn't spec-powerful as Xbox One for example, there could be other neat things that it can do that appeal to people.

So a glimpse at new Mario is on the books.

Fuckin' ACES. I actually expected it because of the Mario image corresponding with the reveal tweet, but this is damn good to know.

I have a hard time imagining there is enough of an audience willing to pay more than that for Nintendo hardware. Price is key for Nintendo. If they didn't learn that from last gen they haven't learned anything.

tbh i probably won't buy an NX unless it's around that price

or at least until a decent amount of games come out for it

or if its really cool

psyfi

Banned
Laura's twitter regarding spec sheet said it will come via press release soon, but before October ends. So it could come out next week for all we know.
A bigger blow out next week seems reasonable. I just hope it's not a slow leak, especially regarding launch software.

Sheroking

Well, you did originally have Emily Rogers saying news this week AND next.

The 3 minute trailer thing makes me believe they will announce a larger reveal event here.

Going to sleep, trying to contain my hype.

All I want from tomorrow is to know exactly what the darn thing is, and a vague understanding of when we will learn more. If we get that, I'm pleased.

My expectations from Nintendo are so low, though. I'm honestly expecting 3 minutes of: "NX IS A GAMECHANGER! GREATEST THING YOU'VE EVER SEEN"
"JOIN US NEXT WEEK TO SEE WHAT IS DRIVING EVERY DEVELOPER CRAZY"

woopWOOP

Finally, jesus

Even if it's just a short preview I'll take it.

What's up with that Mario image tho, looks like a damn horror movie

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
I can't believe it's really happening

And so the insanity continues. I'm glad we are getting information now. I see there still are too many with inflated expectations for this device.

It's going to be primarily a handheld device. Nintendo can't really sell it at over 250 can they?

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Oh, God, people are again posting insane prices here. Why would you do that? There won't be a price announced today, most likely.

And so the insanity continues. I'm glad we are getting information now. I see there still are too many with inflated expectations for this device.

It's going to be primarily a handheld device. Nintendo can't really sell it at over 250 can they?

Tweets related to the news coming this week, IIRC, said that they're going to market it as a home console that you can take with you on the go. So it's not necessarily strictly going to be seen as a handheld.

There's been a lot of back and forth over this, whether it was going to be a souped up handheld you can play on your TV or vice-versa. It sounds like it's going to be the latter.

oni-link

Am I reading too much into Nintendo putting #NX in the tweet?

If that's not the name why would they want people tweeting about a code name that will presumably be redundant in a few hours time?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Hoping Mario behind the curtain is a hint that the whole thing will be voiced by Charles Martinet.

It'll be just what I needed.

If that's not the name why would they want people tweeting about a code name that will presumably be redundant in a few hours time?
Because you want word to spread about the announcement.

What the heck can they really show in 3 minutes? It's probably going to be Reggie talking about new ways to play, some Zelda footage thrown in and a quick flash of a controller or part of a console.

Personally I'd rather see a 3 minute montage of games in development then see anything about the console. I want to see new 3D Mario and whatever Retro is working on.

Specs aren't everything when it comes to pricing. There's also concept and the tech behind it. Even if it isn't spec-powerful as Xbox One for example, there could be other neat things that it can do that appeal to people.

it's not about specs. It's about market and expectations. Keep in mind if this thing really is supposed to appeal to the 3DS market in addition to the home console market, it makes the price issue trickier. Are parents going to be willing to pay $400 for the follow up to their kids 3DS? They have to serve two markets, neither of which has shown they are willing to pay a premium for Nintendo hardware. Price is key. It's part of the way they can have a chance at mass market appeal. they are simply NOT going to get the PS4Pro/Scorpio crowd.

Genio88

Any price above $249 is DOA.

I thought that too, though in the end i think i'm gonna buy it even at 300$, no more though...i just hope rumors were true, and now i really believe Emily Rogers so i guess they were true indeed, and it's a handheld which can be used on TV too, just hope that Nintendo made completely new OS, cause the old 3ds one is so bad, slow etc, they need to make something similar to smartphone, where you can manage your installed apps and games easily and same with WiFi and other connection, also i hope they went with a fast eMMC for the main storage, which would guarantee slow booting and loading times

Plum

Oh man I was not expecting to wake up to this. I'm not going to be able to concentrate at all today from all the hype. Bring it on, Nintendo.

shounenka

Wii U Day 1er here. One of the few people who think that it delivered consistently over the last 4-5 years, with Splatoon/Mario Maker being the icing on the cake.

11pm Tokyo time...will have to keep a work monitor open for that.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
we're glad to announce the new...Nintendo Iwata

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
it's not about specs. It's about market and expectations. Keep in mind if this thing really is supposed to appeal to the 3DS market in addition to the home console market, it makes the price issue trickier. Are parents going to be willing to pay $400 for the follow up to their kids 3DS?

Spot on. I really don't understand how is this so difficult to perceive. The strongest demographic for Nintendo is not the same demographic that would pay $400 for a gaming device.

Plum

What the heck can they really show in 3 minutes? It's probably going to be Reggie talking about new ways to play, some Zelda footage thrown in and a quick flash of a controller or part of a console.

Personally I'd rather see a 3 minute montage of games in development then see anything about the console. I want to see new 3D Mario and whatever Retro is working on.

It's a trailer, not a direct. There's no doubt that we'll get a longer event for more specific details later on.

ramparter

Banned

Because right now this is what people know and they probably want the #NX to go crazy until the time of the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom