• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Preview Trailer Tomorrow at 10am ET, is 3 minutes long

Status
Not open for further replies.
giphy.gif

evanmisha

Surely there'll be multiple SKUs. Think about a parent needing multiple handhelds for their kids. Why make them buy multiple docks? It's a price barrier that doesn't have to be there.

With that said, for everyone complaining about a 299 USA price point, just know that it'll be even worse here in Canada. 249 USD will be 329 CAD and 299 USD will be 399 CAD. Imagine trying to sell a handheld to a casual gamer for 399.

It's a trailer, not a direct. There's no doubt that we'll get a longer event for more specific details later on.

But how much later can they wait? The product is supposed to be out in a few months and we know 0 about it.

And there gonna waste some of that trailer time showing Zelda a game that has been previewed at length already? Jesus

Genio88

Well, you did originally have Emily Rogers saying news this week AND next.

The 3 minute trailer thing makes me believe they will announce a larger reveal event here.

Yes, i give that for granted, not expect too much from today besides the full reveal date announcement for next week, though could also be that Nintendo will start throwing out additional information about NX starting today already, like something on their web site, or perhaps some press who knows...so we could be hearing more this week about NX besides this 3 minutes teaser

Wii U Day 1er here. One of the few people who think that it delivered consistently over the last 4-5 years, with Splatoon/Mario Maker being the icing on the cake.

11pm Tokyo time...will have to keep a work monitor open for that.

The Wii U has some of the best Nintendo exclusives IMO, I hope the NX is a worthy successor.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Ok, what games will be shown? Having been burned my Nintendo before, I am keeping my expectations in check, but expect this:

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Mother 4 / (Mother Trilogy on VC)
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Squaresoft Hidden Gems Collection - Live a Live, Bahamut Lagoon etc
Mega Man Legends 3
Castlevania: The Dark Souls Edition
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

acidagfc

How am I supposed to work today with all the hype around? At least I do not have to lose my sleep over it as US guys might do right now.

Above $250 doesn't make it DOA, but it doesn't have that instabuy appeal like the Wii had at $250.

I agree, if its $250 USD then that's $330 CAD, I think I could swallow that price at launch if it had some really good games. But going above that $300 USD would be $400 CAD, hard to justify $400 for a Nintendo console at launch, unless it comes packaged with Zelda or 3D Mario, which I'm not expecting.

Plum

But how much later can they wait? The product is supposed to be out in less than 6 on this and we know 0 about it.

Well they're clearly only waiting until just under 7 hours from now. A trailer can show off a console really well, do you think this is a 3 minute Direct or something?

marmoka

Banned
Hoping Mario behind the curtain is a hint that the whole thing will be voiced by Charles Martinet.

Please no!!

Nothing against Charles, but listening to Mario talking for 3 minutes makes me want to kill myself. Like that annoying 3DS trailer presented by Mario. I cannot find in YouTube, fortunately.

it's not about specs. It's about market and expectations. Keep in mind if this thing really is supposed to appeal to the 3DS market in addition to the home console market, it makes the price issue trickier. Are parents going to be willing to pay $400 for the follow up to their kids 3DS? They have to serve two markets, neither of which has shown they are willing to pay a premium for Nintendo hardware. Price is key. It's part of the way they can have a chance at mass market appeal. they are simply NOT going to get the PS4Pro/Scorpio crowd.

Oh it won't be $400. And I agree they won't get that crowd. They need to appeal to a much wider range in general. Hardware power bros will be hardware power bros, but there's also a lot of people that don't really care about that.

Look, I have a PS4 and a PC. I have Battlefield 1 on PS4, and despite it being a powerful console, the fps is all over the place unfortunately we get "remasters" at 30fps (Jesus Christ...) I think people who truly care about hardware power have, or should have a powerful gaming PC. I bought a PS4 not because it was powerful, but because of Sony franchises like God of War, Uncharted, Ratchet, etc.

For me anyway, it's the same with Nintendo. I don't buy hardware for the power, but for the games and I doubt I'm alone in that. If Playstation was the most powerful console but didn't have any IP's I cared for, I wouldn't even bother.

foxbeldin

Ok, what games will be shown? Having been burned my Nintendo before, I am keeping my expectations in check, but expect this:

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

In a 3mn video?

edit : i didn't even read the content of this list before reacting to it's lenght : obviously it must be a joke.

liquidtmd

Banned

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

ghostbusters.gif

I have a hard time imagining there is enough of an audience willing to pay more than that for Nintendo hardware. Price is key for Nintendo. If they didn't learn that from last gen they haven't learned anything.

I don't. If they have a good enough launch line-up plus the home console+portable form factor I could still see it taking off at 300+

Majukun

since we pretty much already know what this is,i just wonder if they are gonna use that patent regarding "supplementary units" to upgrade our console or not

Nintendo i said that you are doomed no matter what,prove me wrong

marmoka

Banned

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

The trailer is 3 minutes long. Don't do this to yourself.

wbEMX

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

Why not throwing Half-Life 3 into the mix?

Eldainorn

Just realized that reveal is happening during my lab exercises. I 'll watch it anyway! Somehow! Maybe I can get assistant to watch it too. :D

Third-party wise if they somehow got Castlevania or Contra away from Konami's shackles I would be satisfied.

Morfeo's hilariously fake list, despite fucking everything, is exactly what a lot of people would like to see from a new Nintendo console.

Taker666

If it's a teaser then I suppose only showing an enhanced (hopefully) Zelda sort of makes sense.

Hardware reveal, upgraded Zelda..with a either a full software blowout next week..or reveals in waves up until launch.

I'll be shocked if it's over $299.

..and don't go expecting Red Dead Redemption 2. Do you really want to set up another " why not on Nintendo's console" narrative for every game..when it should be obvious that it won't get much core western third party support and 75%+ of western games likely won't be there regardless of power.

Majukun

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO
after bayo 2 ii don't want a bayo 3..not without kamiya at the helm again

AmyS

Polygons and AA aren't everything, MK8 looks a million times better, and MK9 will look even better no doubt.

I won't disagree. I will say this however, the original Mario Galaxy with its lighting reminded me of, or had this, Pixar-ish "look" to it. Not technically, but artistically. And I know I'm not the only one who thought that. MK8 is way better technically, but doesn't have the same "look" to me. To some extent, Mario 3D World does, but nothing struck me like Galaxy did in '07.

Specs aren't everything when it comes to pricing. There's also concept and the tech behind it. Even if it isn't spec-powerful as Xbox One for example

The rumor from Emily Roger says Raw Power. This isn't as clear cut as people make it sound. For example, on paper, the Gamecube didn't have as much raw power as the Xbox, but because it was smartly built, it was very close to the Xbox in real world performance. The Gamecube ran at around 400 something Mhz while the Xbox was around 733Mhz as I recall. The Xbox is almost twice the speed of the Gamecube. We know that this isn't really the case.

Not saying the NX will be super powerful, but raw power isn't as meaningful as you think. It is possible that it uses its power more efficiently compared to the PS4 and XBO, and doesn't need as much raw powerful to do the same task. All speculation of course.

random25

I think the discussion about price is too early given that we know nothing about the device still.

But considering the climate for gaming hardware, I don't see it going more than $300. It'll be a hard sell if it goes above that, and especially now that both PS4/XBO are on that price ball park currently, the NX needs to be at a competitive selling price even if it's a new thing because the other devices are still pretty much on their prime.

$299 for a "home console" isn't crazy though, but given how the gaming community judges prices based on processing power nowadays, we'll just have to wait and see.

Hermii

F-Zero NX
Metroid Prime NX
Metroid Another M
Metroid Dread
Super Mario NeXT
Eternal Darkness 2
Star Tropics NX
Advance Wars NX
Elite Beat Agents NX
Sin & Punishment 3
Kid Icarus Uprising 2
Wave Race NX
1080 NX
Shenmue 3
Gunstar Heroes NX
Panzer Dragoon NX
Seiken Densetsu 3 Remake
Mega Man Legends 3
Contra NX
Konami Wai Wai World 3
Seiken Densetsu NeXt
Streets of Rage 4
Skies of Arcadia 2
Phantasy Star 5
Bayonetta 3
Beyond Good and Evil 2

CHOOOOOOOO CHOOOOOOO

Even Nintendo woudnt disapoint this much. Way to conservative list.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom