• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX reveal still coming this year says NOE

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's always good to see hardware producers having such confidence in the development tools for their devices.

How does anything he's said indicate that? He's literally saying that they are basing their plans off of previous console launches, in which development tools typically aren't fully stable until very late in the game, likely right around release or shortly after. In the case of the NX, all he is saying is that they won't be openly sharing the development tools yet specifically in order to reduce the amount of support Nintendo has to provide to developers and to reduce the frustration of those developers. Openly being the key word, as it indicates that they aren't ready to share the tools with every single developer who asks.

Retrobox

I'm beginning to doubt this thing even exists.

Let's say the NX actually doesn't exist and Nintendo has been pulling the prank of the century, it still does exist on the basis that you think it does. People thinking the NX is coming is making the thing a reality.

NX is Nintendo's social experiment on the reality of reality itself.

Anth0ny

Rösti;219846560 said:
I'm getting really tired of certain individuals' complete disrespect for confidentiality.

I love how for the NX, "complete disrespect for confidentiality" leads to... an employee reiterating official PR. which was one vague sentence about a reveal this year.

if this was for another hardware maker we'd have fucking full dev documents leaked in PDF format lol

El_Cinefilo

That means nothing either way, "more information" could mean the announcement of a delay and "This year" could mean fiscal.

As a subtle Nintendo fan since the 1990s, I can wait...
mostly
. I absolutely cannot wait for the NX melt downs though. I have VERY high expectations for all forum posters every where.

Let the gaming world erupt with fire and brimstone!

Who cares at this stage, seriously.

Nintendo have no clue how to hype their new platforms. I expect the NX to overwhelmingly disappoint.

Is there a reason people weren't expecting October anymore?

Yeah...

No joke.

I'm a huge Nintendo kid too, but Nintendo fell off YEARS ago. What does Nintendo's next console have today that you want? What will it have tomorrow?
I mean the only game we even know will be there is a total knockout.

I don't know how so many people here are excited for this thing... I feel like there will be less hype when we actually know what it is at this point

iFirez

I bet they won't say a word until after Black Friday - a full on announcement may detract the casual gamers and ill-informed buyers on that day from picking up a 3DS or god forbid a WiiU.

EDarkness

I love how for the NX, "complete disrespect for confidentiality" leads to... an employee reiterating official PR. which was one vague sentence about a reveal this year.

if this was for another hardware maker we'd have fucking full dev documents leaked in PDF format lol

Doesn't change the fact this stuff is under NDA.....

DVOCuOD.gif

Dekuboy

Neo Member
This is Nintendo's fault for creating such a thirst for info

I wonder if the developer gets fined for leaks or may never get a kit

No this the consumers fault for beeing impatient. I mean it will reveal, if its now or in 2 months is kinda irrelevant. If you like what you see, you will buy it.

Announcing a console in this time is really difficult. There is Black Friday and Christmas, where they still want to assure not to hurt 3ds/wiiu sales during that time. Also not to forget, if a Kid says to his/her mother that he/she wants a nintendo console and she knows nothing and accidently buys the wiiu.

StoveOven

Banned
Maybe they'll do it the week of The Game Awards or something like that? Nintendo seems to like being involved in that show.

jelly

I find it weird announcing new hardware not long before Christmas that isn't releasing this year. I don't think we will see it this year.

Oregano

How does anything he's said indicate that? He's literally saying that they are basing their plans off of previous console launches, in which development tools typically aren't fully stable until very late in the game, likely right around release or shortly after. In the case of the NX, all he is saying is that they won't be openly sharing the development tools yet specifically in order to reduce the amount of support Nintendo has to provide to developers and to reduce the frustration of those developers. Openly being the key word, as it indicates that they aren't ready to share the tools with every single developer who asks.

Poor development tools that are released late was one of the main issues with the Wii U. This would indicate that they've learnt absolutely nothing.

Oh man Nintendo come on and quit teasing us, just show the thing already. Also I believe a delay is more than likely, I will be shocked if the console releases in spring 2017. It will probably be more like Holiday 2017 at this point.

GulAtiCa

Guys, that post is from May...

Calm down :p

We'll get a reveal Soon enough

Actually, it's from Sept. (The format for the forum is in US style date)

Either way, this is meaningless none-the-less and can't believe someone went back a month to screencap this on the Dev forum. Kidna sad for whoever did that actually...

BuggyMike

Yeah...

No joke.

I'm a huge Nintendo kid too, but Nintendo fell off YEARS ago. What does Nintendo's next console have today that you want? What will it have tomorrow?

It's like, where do you even start with a dumb post like this? Why would you go into a Nintendo thread, filled with Nintendo fans to ask "why do you people even like this company"? Teach me how to be edgy. Teach me your ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom