• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX reveal still coming this year says NOE

Status
Not open for further replies.

OniLordAsmodeus

Neo Member
You're so cool

Thanks?

people still like mario and zelda and pokemon and stuff

Nintendo games?

I'm kind of hyped for Zelda too, but that is on the Wii U. What is the appeal of the NX? Why even be excited for it? I mean the WiiU didn't even achieve what it needed to, what makes people think the NX, or Nintendo rather, is worthy of the investment?

I mean the only game we even know will be there is a total knockout.

And that is on the WiiU. This all just reminds me of the Twilight princess deal, and the fact that all that happened was that we got a last gen game on new hardware.

Poor development tools that are released late was one of the main issues with the Wii U. This would indicate that they've learnt absolutely nothing.

One of the major problems I remember with the Wii U wasn't specifically the tools but it was Nintendo's support, i.e. the ability for Nintendo to respond to developer questions and problems about the tools.

This indicates that they absolutely have learned from that mistake, although rather than improve their tools (which may not be possible) they're instead limiting access of the tools until they find them to be at a level acceptable enough such that developers won't need to constantly ask Nintendo for help with them.

That's how I read this initially anyway.

bomblord1

Banned
I'm sticking with Emily Rogers October reveal. We still got most of the month left.

I've been checking everything every day for just a hint of what is to come.
5GJld.gif

I'm kind of hyped for Zelda too, but that is on the Wii U. What is the appeal of the NX? Why even be excited for it? I mean the WiiU didn't even achieve what it needed to, what makes people think the NX, or Nintendo rather, is worthy of the investment?

And that is on the WiiU. This all just reminds me of the Twilight princess deal, and the fact that all that happened was that we got a last gen game on new hardware.

Twilight Princess became one of the best-selling Wii games, was a major presence at its launch due to being marketed strongly as a premier Wii game, and the GCN version did only a fraction of that

Dragon Age: Inquisition, Destiny, Metal Gear Solid V etc. etc. etc. all did better on PS4/XB1 than PS3/360

People want to play new games on new hardware

If they didn't buy a Wii U but want Zelda, they aren't going to rush out to buy an obsolete system, they're going to buy the one that will be supported for the next few years

Aroll

The sad thing about this thread is it means that even Nintendo development support has no clue about NX.

Get your shit together Nintendo.

This area is specifically for indie developers. And the idea here as he states, is releasing NX development information, SDKs, dev units, to indies right now actually creates a real issue for their support team due to the sheer volume of issues people would run into - so it's not that support doesn't know (folks like Ubisoft who clearly have a unit or two certain are getting support) anything about NX, but rather that they know they couldn't handle the sheer volume of support requests that would come due to the fact that the SDK or dev unit stuff isn't fully functioning properly. The fact he said they have had past issues releasing the SDK/dev units too early and running into this same issue is his evidence to the fact they didn't want to do this again. It's too much of a burden for all involved.

"Within this year" rather "this year" makes it sound like fiscal.

People are ignoring that the rep was talking about what the user referenced, which was a quote about it being unveiled in 2016. All he was doing is reconfirming that quote. He wasn't adding too it, he wasn't stealthly using words that infer a delay in unveiling. he was directly referencing the person who asks the questions remark on publicly available information on the unveiling in 2016. Nothing stated there contradicts those statements.

People are really grasping at straws.

Also: A December reveal, IMO, doesn't seem as bad as I once though. If Nintendo wants to own the news cycle - what's happening in December and January to overtake the NX? Call of Duty? PSVR? PSPro? The Last Guardian? Nope. Nintendo would have literally a clear path from December forward to OWN the news cycle all the way up to launch.

Seems more and more like a brilliant timing to me than now, when folks are enamored with PSVR, and then also getting huge game releases next month plus the PS4Pro.

Right now feels like bad timing. Own news for two weeks, then bam - be overshadoweed. December seems far better.

georly

Yeah...

No joke.

I'm a huge Nintendo kid too, but Nintendo fell off YEARS ago. What does Nintendo's next console have today that you want? What will it have tomorrow?

Sorry you don't like Nintendo games anymore, but I don't think it's a hard concept to understand that not everyone likes the same games you do.

I'm not in the for honor thread saying "who cares," just because *I* don't.

Again, not a hard concept to understand. NX will have more upcoming Nintendo titles on it. Nintendo fans like Nintendo games and want more of them.

Its like asking a sony or Microsoft fan why they're excited about the next system. Because it'll have games they like on it.

Kinsei

Banned
Also: A December reveal, IMO, doesn't seem as bad as I once though. If Nintendo wants to own the news cycle - what's happening in December and January to overtake the NX? Call of Duty? PSVR? PSPro? The Last Guardian? Nope. Nintendo would have literally a clear path from December forward to OWN the news cycle all the way up to launch.

Seems more and more like a brilliant timing to me than now, when folks are enamored with PSVR, and then also getting huge game releases next month plus the PS4Pro.

Right now feels like bad timing. Own news for two weeks, then bam - be overshadoweed. December seems far better.

There's this little thing called Christmas.

Oregano

One of the major problems I remember with the Wii U wasn't specifically the tools but it was Nintendo's support, i.e. the ability for Nintendo to respond to developer questions and problems about the tools.

This indicates that they absolutely have learned from that mistake, although rather than improve their tools (which may not be possible) they're instead limiting access of the tools until they find them to be at a level acceptable enough such that developers won't need to constantly ask Nintendo for help with them.

That's how I read this initially anyway.

This area is specifically for indie developers. And the idea here as he states, is releasing NX development information, SDKs, dev units, to indies right now actually creates a real issue for their support team due to the sheer volume of issues people would run into - so it's not that support doesn't know (folks like Ubisoft who clearly have a unit or two certain are getting support) anything about NX, but rather that they know they couldn't handle the sheer volume of support requests that would come due to the fact that the SDK or dev unit stuff isn't fully functioning properly. The fact he said they have had past issues releasing the SDK/dev units too early and running into this same issue is his evidence to the fact they didn't want to do this again. It's too much of a burden for all involved.

So the solution is not allow developers to work on the hardware at all? That doesn't seem any better. If anything it means third party support is going to be even worse up front than on Wii U.

People are ignoring that the rep was talking about what the user referenced, which was a quote about it being unveiled in 2016. All he was doing is reconfirming that quote. He wasn't adding too it, he wasn't stealthly using words that infer a delay in unveiling. he was directly referencing the person who asks the questions remark on publicly available information on the unveiling in 2016. Nothing stated there contradicts those statements.

People are really grasping at straws.

Sony has PSX in December.

Also Nintendo had no issue announcing stuff around other things in the past. This whole "own the newscycle" thing makes it sound like Nintendo is scared of literally any competition.

Fandangox

Let's say the NX actually doesn't exist and Nintendo has been pulling the prank of the century, it still does exist on the basis that you think it does. People thinking the NX is coming is making the thing a reality.

NX is Nintendo's social experiment on the reality of reality itself.

latest

Blueingreen

I can't wait for next year to see gaf's retrospect on all the pre-NX reveal threads, it's going to be comedy gold on a biblical scale

MuchoMalo

Banned
Wait a minute. Doesn't this confirm that NX's SDK was never on their dev site, thus potentially debunking a certain data miner?

Anth0ny

blind faith that they'll do better this time, basically.

also, nintendo has basically given up on wii u and 3ds and haven't released SHIT on them since last year. so ideally, a hardware reveal for nx would also reveal a ton of new nintendo software. and that could be cool.

Some basic NX info on the 26th.

Full unveiling in January.

Regardless of whether or not this actually happens, save yourself the anxiety and just assume it.

So the solution is not allow developers to work on the hardware at all? That doesn't seem any better. If anything it means third party support is going to be even worse up front than on Wii U.

Absolutely not, and no one is claiming that. This is an indie development portal, and the fact that it even exists proves that Nintendo has in fact distributed software tools to indie developers. The response in the OP is specifically indicating that they are not yet at a stage where they can openly release development tools, meaning, release them to every indie developer who asks.

That doesn't indicate anything about how many third parties and indies already have SDKs or devkits. You're reaching a bit by arguing that.

georly

Wait a minute. Doesn't this confirm that NX's SDK was never on their dev site, thus potentially debunking a certain data miner?

That's the impression I get, but nwplayer didn't get the sdk herself, did she? Just claimed someone else did. And the SDK might be out there for bigger third parties, this is just for indies, no?

Also, nwplayer has been posting stuff that is in contrast to Emily/EG, so it's hard to tell to begin with anyway.

EVH

You guys have been weeks going nuts to the point of being actually ridiculous, creating shitty threads with no real info, reading too much in that no info stuff and then dissapointing yourselves after geting mad at Nintendo. Pages and pages of crap. Jesus fuck relax and stop acting like kids in front of a teenager pop artist.

rockyt

Yeah...

No joke.

I'm a huge Nintendo kid too, but Nintendo fell off YEARS ago. What does Nintendo's next console have today that you want? What will it have tomorrow?

People still like stuff like pokemon and Mario . Me personally I like Zelda and Metroid. I buy Nintendo console just to play those 2 games and other exclusives here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom