• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NY: City no longer requires consent forms to warn of oral suction circumcision risks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Disgusting.

Seriously, they cut off part of the penis?

They remove the foreskin.

... aren't you American? (You did mention you were republican in your posting history). 4/5ths of American men are circumcised.

Can't help but imagine the silver haired John Burnell from world's wildest police chases looking at the camera and saying... "This is what happens when religion goes bad"

NekoFever

... aren't you American? (You did mention you were republican in your posting history). 4/5ths of American men are circumcised.
No I'm not. Republican in the uncapitalised British sense, in that I'd prefer a republic to a monarchy.

I was being facetious in any case.

Because rabbis are required to do it by religious law. Nowhere in the bible does it say "young boys are to be molested and raped by their priests for the greater glory of our lord and savior, Jesus Christ, amen." Not even in the old testament, and that shit was brutal.

What? But that's still sucking baby dick. And people who are not rabbis go to jail for that, right? Isn't it a heinous crime?

What if the catholic church wanted to write that law in too? There is no fucking way they would get a pass.

LOL, John Oliver showed on TV that creating a religion is quite easy.
What if someone made another religion, let's call it "Infantology", that required their leaders to do blowjobs on newborns?

SURGEdude

What? But that's still sucking baby dick. And people who are not rabbis go to jail for that, right? Isn't it a heinous crime?

What if the catholic church wanted to write that law in too? There is no fucking way they would get a pass.

LOL, John Oliver showed on TV that creating a religion is quite easy.
What if someone made another religion, let's call it "Infantology", that required their leaders to do blowjobs on newborns?

I need to craft a religion so I can get away with whatever sick shit I want to do. Cuz thems my traditions bruh.

One of my best friends was circumcised when he was 6 months old. They forgot to give a sedative.
He said that they had to have 6 people holding holding. 6 people.

He has had traumatic emotional problems his entire life because of it. It's fucking terrible:(

SURGEdude

One of my best friends was circumcised when he was 6 months old. They forgot to give a sedative.
He said that they had to have 6 people holding holding. 6 people.

He has had traumatic emotional problems his entire life because of it. It's fucking terrible:(

He remembered it? Either way I would imagine a botched circumcision would be rough.

No Love

Banned
So do rabbis draw straws on who's going to suck baby foreskin blood for that month?

I'm partially disturbed because I had no clue shit like this goes on.

"bleeding but the rabbi still suckin"
probably in poor taste I guess, sorry in that case

lmao damn

MilkyJoe

colin-farrell.gif

Speechless

RedShift

Wait, this shit is legal?

I thought it was some underground shit like FGM, but it's legal for people to fellate babies? WTF.

Darksol

Everything about this pisses me off:

1. Unnecessary medical procedure on somebody too young to consent
2. Weird blood-sex ritual involving an infant
3. No need to tell people the risks

That's a loss all around.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
The fuck?! The entire practice should be made illegal. Fucking hell. And I though NYC was progressive compared to much of America.

Gallbaro

Banned
The mad-hatters everyone.

They always vote, they always vote according to their village leaders, and they commit documented voter fraud.

I really don't understand how this can be legal or what kind of demented parent would even want their infant son to be fellated by a man. Absolutely disgusting.

Nocebo

I don't understand why people want to continue any part of this ritual. Even aside from the cutting a baby's penis thing. But putting a baby's penis into your mouth and sucking blood from it, why would anyone agree to do that? How much brainwashing does it take to make that seem like a good idea at all? Do they get payed a lot for such a service?

Volimar

It's crazy to me how a parent can legally consent to letting someone fellate their baby. How?

i2pzplc.gif

Pleasant dreams

boiled goose

good with gravy

Rates are much lower though. Currently around 55 percent and i expect the primitive practice to continue to drop.

cameron

Ultra-Orthodox halacha is just as fucked as the religious laws of a certain other religion.

These shitty Rabbis are community leaders. People look to them for guidance. If parents were to object, they would be ostracized from the community. Secular laws are needed to prevent this. The religious freedom nonsense ends when it comes to the health and well being of minors.

jacobeid

Banned
Man, I'm so happy that my parents decided to let the doctor at the hospital take care of it instead of the blind old mohel :)

By the way, this isn't even remotely common or how most Jews are circumcised. It's pretty fucking crazy to be honest.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ultra-Orthodox halacha is just as fucked as the religious laws of a certain other religion.

These shitty Rabbis are community leaders. People look to them for guidance. If parents were to object, they would be ostracized from the community. Secular laws are needed to prevent this. The religious freedom nonsense ends when it comes to the health and well being of minors.
And pedophilia is fucking RIFE amonst them. I think I made a thread about it some time ago with some harrowing stuff.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ah, I found the thread: The Child-Rape Assembly Line - A scathing Vice exposé on Hasidic rape culture

On a visit to Jerusalem in 2005, Rabbi Rosenberg entered into a mikvah in one of the holiest neighborhoods in the city, Mea She’arim. “I opened a door that entered into a schvitz,” he told me. “Vapors everywhere, I can barely see. My eyes adjust, and I see an old man, my age, long white beard, a holy-looking man, sitting in the vapors. On his lap, facing away from him, is a boy, maybe seven years old. And the old man is having anal sex with this boy.”

Rabbi Rosenberg paused, gathered himself, and went on: “This boy was speared on the man like an animal, like a pig, and the boy was saying nothing. But on his face—fear. The old man [looked at me] without any fear, as if this was common practice. He didn’t stop. I was so angry, I confronted him. He removed the boy from his penis, and I took the boy aside. I told this man, ‘It’s a sin before God, a mishkovzucher. What are you doing to this boy’s soul? You’re destroying this boy!’ He had a sponge on a stick to clean his back, and he hit me across the face with it. ‘How dare you interrupt me!’ he said. I had heard of these things for a long time, but now I had seen.”

The rabbis, dominating an ignorant and largely poverty-stricken flock, determine the fate of every individual in the community. Nothing is done without the consent of the rabbinical establishment. A man wants to buy a new car—he goes to the rabbi for counsel. A man wants to marry—the rabbi tells him whether or not he should marry a particular bride. As for the women, they don’t get to ask the rabbi anything. Their place is beneath contempt.

Michael also notes that the problem is not confined to the extremists. “The same patterns of victim-blaming, covering up, idealizing the rabbis so that cover-ups aren’t even acknowledged, are found all across the spectrum of Orthodoxy,” he told me. “The Orthodox left was shamefully slow to react to Rabbi Baruch Lanner’s abuse or to the similar case of Rabbi Mordechai Elon.” Rabbi Lanner, a former New Jersey yeshiva high school principal, was found guilty in 2000 of sexually abusing dozens of teenage students over the decades of his tenure. Rabbi Elon, who had publicly denounced homosexuality, was convicted last August on two counts of forcible sexual assault on a male minor, following several years of reports of his abuse of young boys.

“I have children come to me with their parents, and the blood is coming out of the anus,” Rabbi Rosenberg told me when we met. “These are zombies for life. What are we to do?”

A few weeks after our interview, Rabbi Rosenberg was walking through the Williamsburg section of Brooklyn when an unidentified man rushed up behind him, tapped him on the shoulder, and threw a cup of bleach in his face. He went to the hospital with facial burns and was temporarily blinded. Such is the measure of justice among the Satmar that a once-respected rabbi, now amputated from the community, should find himself chemically burned on a street in a neighborhood considered holy.

TLDR version: Hasidic leaders are scum and engange in the most deplorable shit, but nothing gets done because they are powerful and make other folks vote en masse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom