• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 11th

Lady Gaia

Gta5 releases this month. Apparently there is going to be a bundle with the PS4 and last of us. You're counting those chickens way too early if you are me.

Bundles and Black Friday could change things up, to be sure, but it's getting late to announce anything game changing. I'm also not sure that GTAV + TLoU will drive holiday hardware decisions, though I expect both to have strong attach rates going forward for the installed base.

Honestly, I think Sony would rather ride out the holidays with a healthy installed base cushion and good margins rather than risk the ire of customers with a price drop before next year. Microsoft had little choice in the matter if they wanted to regain mindshare.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Nah, no actual HW numbers, but HW isn't really interesting this month. Title rankings and plats are, however. #2 and #3 titles will surprise people.

Time for NBA Live to take back the crown!

(Or for either Mordor or Disney Infinity/Skylanders to do quite well.)

UP

http://venturebeat.com/2014/11/13/o...ts-records-ps4-xbox-one-still-selling-strong/

Software:
  1. NBA 2K15 (PS4, Xbox One, 360, PS3, PC)
  2. Super Smash Bros. for 3DS (3DS)
  3. The Evil Within (PS4, Xbox One, PS3, 360, PC)
  4. Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel (360, PS3, PC)
  5. Destiny (360, Xbox One, PS4, PS3)
  6. Skylanders: Trap Team (360, Wii, Wii U, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, 3DS, mobile)
  7. FIFA 15 (PS4, 360, PS3, Xbox One, Wii, PS Vita, 3DS)
  8. Madden NFL 15 (360, PS4, PS3, Xbox One)
  9. Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4, XBox One, PC)
  10. Minecraft (360, PS3, PS4)

That said, Bethesda still has to consider The Evil Within a success. It set a new record for the highest first-month sales for a release in the “survival horror” genre, according to the NPD.

Microsoft, meanwhile, probably isn’t sure what to think of Sunset Overdrive yet. The Xbox One exclusive open-world action game was on sale for four days in October, but it didn’t crack the top 10. It did come in at No. 9 if you count games by SKU (meaning only the PS4 version of NBA 2K15 and the Xbox One version of The Evil Within). And of course, none of these sales include the bundled version of Sunset Overdrive that comes with the white Xbox On

Hardware

We’ve asked Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo for a comment on their hardware numbers, but they have not shared anything at the time we posted this. It’s clear, however, that the new-gen systems from Microsoft and Sony continue to perform at a high level.

What?

Sometimes it's tough to come up with a positive spin.

Remember last year, when the WiiU numbers for November came out and Nintendo went with their "500% Increase over the previous month!" line?

Shit man, I almost spat out my goddamn cheerios before I realized how percentages worked.

Honey Nuts delivered down my gullet safely.

Wait.

Quiet month before the Crazy Nov and Dec mad numbers, no popcorn needed I reckon will save it toward next month's, might need some Doritos too just to be safe.

KoopaTheCasual

Nah, no actual HW numbers, but HW isn't really interesting this month. Title rankings and plats are, however. #2 and #3 titles will surprise people.
D4 shocked the gaming world and miraculously got enough retail sales (as a digital-only title) to take the #2 spot.

Scene end. Fan-Fic completed.

PlayStation ‏@PlayStation
The results are in, and PlayStation 4 is the top-selling console in the US for October! Thank you!

Top Bottom