• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October 2014 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes November 11th

tmac456

ykvkVlv.png

Well, it is interesting that just because one platform has a bigger installed base it doesn't necessarily mean that games on that system outsell games on systems with smaller installed bases all the time.

True.

also went with games that had shock value.

forgot about Evil Withing though so that's a shocker to me

MaulerX

Not surprised about PS4 winning
again
. Destiny on 360 and XB1 dominating? A little surprised at that tbh.

Yep. Sold in the video game aisle at retail.
Oh, interesting. I wonder if it [mobile at physical retail] could be a thing going forward; like if other franchises like Ubi's JD since it looks like they're experimenting with transition to mobile, whether they'll end up selling through retail.

Although it was the lowest selling platform at physical retail, so may not be worth it depending on the strength of the franchise.

mejin

Driveclub must have been a huge failure for Sony. Knack, Second Son, TLoU, Shadow Fall, all of them were million seller.

Fox_Mulder

Rockefellers. Skull and Bones. Microsoft. Al Qaeda. A Cabal of Bankers. The melting point of steel. What do these things have in common? Wake up sheeple, the landfill wasn't even REAL!
Next month xbone will rise

alterno69

Banned
Damn, Forza Horizon 2 is IMO the best current gen exclusive available right now. My 8 years old son is addicted to it. I love it too.

Foshy

Oh, interesting. I wonder if it [mobile at physical retail] could be a thing going forward; like if other franchises like Ubi's JD since it looks like they're experimenting with transition to mobile, whether they'll end up selling through retail.

Although it was the lowest selling platform at physical retail, so may not be worth it depending on the strength of the franchise.
Skylanders is a special case. They couldn't sell a mobile version only on the app store because it requires the portal.

This is what the reatil SKU looks like:

In NA? It doesn't, as it seems.

I think one is coming. The Black Friday ads have an official looking box that includes GTA V and TLOU. I doubt they'd go through the trouble of making an official box for a bundle only to have to be sold for just one day. I don't think the price will stay the same though. Maybe it'd be $450-$500.

Jomjom

Banned
I wonder what Sony will do when they dont win the month next month. Maybe tweet or PSblog about winning the month globally?

Top Bottom