• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

I got a fun question/game:

Build a stable (lets go with 6 total) out of wrestlers who were not "the guy" or considered top 20/30 wrestlers. Think guys like Val Venis, D-Lo, Bagwell, Ahmed, etc and less guys like Owen, Mankind, Taker, Arn, Pillman, etc.

Mahonay

Banned
Good job with that WWE 2K18 OT, Hansey

tenor.gif

Sallyisnow?
Now

Then

Forever

Sephzilla

Build a stable (lets go with 6 total) out of wrestlers who were not "the guy" or considered top 20/30 wrestlers. Think guys like Val Venis, D-Lo, Bagwell, Ahmed, etc and less guys like Owen, Mankind, Taker, Arn, Pillman, etc.

Rick Martel
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Buff Bagwell
Rick Rude
Paul Orndorff

Dan Spivey
Johnny Ace
Dan Kroffat
Doug Furnas
Joe Malenko
The Patriot

AJPW 90's gaijins! Spivey's the lead, teams with Ace as a heavyweight tag, Can-Ams are the Jr. tag, Malenko the Jr. singles guy and The Patriot eats the pinfalls, brother.

Rick Martel
Tyler Breeze
Fandango
Buff Bagwell
Rick Rude
Paul Orndorff

Im 50/50 on allowing Rude since I feel like he was a pretty big star for WCW in that 92/93 period but he did never get the mains

Dan Spivey
Johnny Ace
Dan Kroffat
Doug Furnas
Joe Malenko
The Patriot

AJPW 90's gaijins! Spivey's the lead, teams with Ace as a heavyweight tag, Can-Ams are the Jr. tag, Malenko the Jr. singles guy and The Patriot eats the pinfalls, brother.

Not surprised you went all AJPW

Rick Rude
Buff Bagwell
Elijah Burke
Paul Burchill
Christian
EVIL

These games look like absolute shit. Completely lifeless.

God, I wish EA had ended up with the IP. WWE by the EA UFC team would've been great. Some of the WWE All Stars guys worked on those games!

I have been buying these games for years...

And I have never gotten any of these kids of glitches.

I'm disgusted that now two of you are on record saying that Ricky Rude is not a Top 30 wrassleman.

I took "considered top 20/30 wrestlers" to be "considered by the company they were in as top 20/30 wrestlers"

Like yeah, Christian was WWECW champ, but lol if you think Vince ever considered Mr. "Blue Dot" in even the top 40 people he employed at a given time.

Syder

I took "considered top 20/30 wrestlers" to be "considered by the company they were in as top 20/30 wrestlers"

Like yeah, Christian was WWECW champ, but lol if you think Vince ever considered Mr. "Blue Dot" in even the top 40 people he employed at a given time.
Not even when Christian was WHC?

Yeah, this Zachary. Guys who weren't top of the tier in terms of pop culture, business impact, etc but should have been so much more. Christina definitely qualifies there.

Glacier
Earthquake
Adam Bomb
Hercules
Test

Earthquake is so underrated

Sephzilla

Now that I'm thinking about Rude and Razor, I'm kind of realizing that we never get people like them anymore. Wrestlers who were never really big in the main event / world championship scene for a sustained period of time but are considered legends anyway. Rude, DiBiase, Piper, Razor, Jake The Snake, Owen Hart, & Mr Perfect all never touched the WWF Championship and are still as memorable to wrestling fans in the same way people view Hart, Savage, etc, were.

R-truth (who says typical crazy R-Truth stuff but thinks he's sane)

Heath Slater (who always mentions his kids and how much he needs this job no matter what the conversation is)

Rhyno (doesn't talk, just keeps to himself and eats cheese crackers)

Noam Dar (just being a creepy pervert)

All led by Alicia Fox (at max craziness)

Zach

Yeah, this Zachary. Guys who weren't top of the tier in terms of pop culture, business impact, etc but should have been so much more. Christina definitely qualifies there.

Earthquake is so underrated

- Rick Rude was on Live with Regis and Kathie Lee!
- My coworker Christina?
- Earthquake was great for a year or two.

Not even when Christian was WHC?

That time he was treated as a joke with a meme catchphrase (#OneMoreMatch) and had a transitional reign with the title he only won after getting his ass kicked so hard he won by DQ? Yeah, gonna say I really doubt that was something Vince did because he genuinely thought he was a star

Now that I'm thinking about Rude and Razor, I'm kind of realizing that we never get people like them anymore. Wrestlers who were never really big in the main event / world championship scene for a sustained period of time but are considered legends anyway. Rude, DiBiase, Piper, Razor, Jake The Snake, Owen Hart, & Mr Perfect all never touched the WWF Championship and are still as memorable to wrestling fans in the same way people view Hart, Savage, etc, were.

Mr Perfect is probably my #1 on this list

Recall

Test
Billy Kidman
Jerry Lynn
Doug Furnas
Phil Lafon

Syder

Midcard doesn't exist anymore.

Zach

WWF Dan Severn would definitely be in my 6-man-not-top-30 stable.

Also, I secretly kinda liked weird NWA-in-WWF Jarrett's theme. >_>

Heck, put weird NWA-in-WWF Jarrett in my stable, I don't even care!

Part of that is because we don't have the same dominant champions that we used to, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. Another part is that with so much wrestling on TV and so many PPVs, the world title scene can become stale a lot more quickly, so they need to pump in new blood more often.

Sephzilla

I think Shamrock should be allowed. Shamrock never had any kind of sustained main event presence outside of hovering around factions. Dude only received, I think, one world title shot ever.

IC and mid-card doesn't mean squat, but I feel like Miz could fit that group. Yeah, he touched the WHC belt but I don't that ever got him into the same status as a Hart or Savage with the fans.

Zach

I don't know why some of the great luminaries of our time such as Dato like Scott Norton. Like, he's fine, but certainly nothing to write home about.

Unlike the better half of the great duo Fire and/or Ice.

Zach

Dan Severn
NWA-in-WWF Jeff Jarrett
Ice Train
Doug Furnas
Norman Smiley
Mortis

>_>

<_<

Wait. Let's change this up a bit for cogency's sake:

Dan Severn
NWA-in-WWF Jeff Jarrett