• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Hex

Banned
What if that's how they bring Stephanie back?

d6fe96390e628d39e2cd5dfd4555722fd9facf0b_hq.gif

I was Sister Abigail all along, Bray!

Honestly I expect Stephanie to be allied with Owens in all of this

Hex

Banned
Wow, huge news

Daryl Takahashi to Appear on the Global Wars Tour

ROHWrestling.com has learned that Daryl Takahashi has agreed to terms and will be accompanying Hiromu Takahashi on the Global Wars Tour. In addition to accompanying the former IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Champion to the ring, by popular demand, Daryl will be joining commentary for all of Hiromu Takahashi’s matches barring any unanticipated injuries sustained at the hands of ROH and New Japan competitors.

Stepping to premium commentary finally!

YIP!

becky03.gif

becky04.gif

becky07.gif

PEH-TAY-TEH!

Funny story. Rumor is, Becky came up with that gimmick.

But either way, they changed that in a hot second.

I've heard it discussed, and I believe Dave also speculated that, Owens/Shane is Falls Count Anywhere so they can pre-record the Shane spot backstage and/or with stuntman

Dave did not. That was Alvarez. He presented the idea to Dave and Dave said "I guess that could be why".

It's nothing probably.

Syder

Funny story. Rumor is, Becky came up with that gimmick.

But either way, they changed that in a hot second.
I just fucking love how when the bells rings she gets back up and starts doing the fucking jig again, like you know she was told 'never stop doing the dance'...
Just based on how I reacted and how other Irish fans I know reacted I'm gonna go ahead and call that rumour BS.

Heroman

Banned
I dunno. Even though WCW couldn't finish what was a awesome storyline between Sting and Hogan, I think the beginning of the end is Starrcade 98.

Naw, They had a chance to make sting the biggest baby face in the company and fuck it so bad that sting was never the same as well as the company .

Naw, They had a chance to make sting the biggest baby face in the company and fuck it so bad that sting was never the same as well as the company .

True. Going through 98, Sting is floundering. The best they have for him is joining the nwo wolfpac. He was still one of the most over people in the company.

Anth0ny

I dunno. Even though WCW couldn't finish what was a awesome storyline between Sting and Hogan, I think the beginning of the end is Starrcade 98.

sting/hogan was the beginning of the end

goldberg/hogan was the end. that's my canon ending to wcw, on the greatest night in the history of our sport.

starrcade 98 + fingerpoke was end of the end

I feel like since I have stopped watching Raw and SD I am watching more wrestling than ever. Outside of DDT and when NJPW put on a show I've mainly been watching old shit lately.

Aren't you in '99 now?

Uh-oh.

Im at Starrcade. Just finished the Bischoff/Flair match. Flair lost...why 🤔

sting/hogan was the beginning of the end

goldberg/hogan was the end. that's my canon ending to wcw, on the greatest night in the history of our sport.

starrcade 98 + fingerpoke was end of the end

Hmm, okay now that you put it like that I can get behind it.

Sting/Hogan is Simpsons season 1-8
Goldberg/Hogan is Season 9 episode 1.
Starrcade/Fingerpoke is Season 9 episode 2 - current.

Heroman

Banned
True. Going through 98, Sting is floundering. The best they have for him is joining the nwo wolfpac. He was still one of the most over people in the company.
But he was never the same as a drawing power Post starrcade 97. And not to mention that starrcade 97 what's the biggest pay-per-view WCW ever did and they gave the people worst pro wrestling finishes ever.

Vestal

Gold Member
But he was never the same as a drawing power Post starrcade 97. And not to mention that starrcade 97 what's the biggest pay-per-view WCW ever did and they gave the people worst pro wrestling finishes ever.

Fucking Hogan and his politics, then add to that the attempt to milk the Montreal Screwjob = disaster..

That match was the one time we needed a clean fucking finish. It was THE PERFECT FUCKING BUILD UP, I mean seriously.... Nothing will ever come close to NWO-Sting Build up, EVER.

Heroman

Banned
Fucking Hogan and his politics, then add to that the attempt to milk the Montreal Screwjob = disaster..

That match was the one time we needed a clean fucking finish. It was THE PERFECT FUCKING BUILD UP, I mean seriously.... Nothing will ever come close to NWO-Sting Build up, EVER.
I wouldn't out all the blame on Hogan. Like sting had like what a year to get in shape get ready for this match but didn't. And not to mention he didn't have the drive or the passion to stand up to Hogan or the bookers.

Nekofrog

Banned
I wouldn't out all the blame on Hogan. Like sting had like what a year to get in shape get ready for this match but didn't. And not to mention he didn't have the drive or the passion to stand up to Hogan or the bookers.

Did sting have creative control? It really feels like starrcade 97 is the one event as a booker that you say "clean decisive finish and that's that"

Zach

Stinger and Hogan sycophant Bischoff should've definitely refused to go along with Hogan's shenanigans. No matter what. But they are wussy conservatives.

Sick political burn.

I agree.

I think that's because WCW got lucky with Goldberg. If only WCW put Goldberg/Hogan on a PPV on that, the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Heroman

Banned
Another reason why sting sucks, TNA. Like dude the was their for like half of his career yet no one ever mentions it mention talking about him.

Heroman

Banned
I agree.

I think that's because WCW got lucky with Goldberg. If only WCW put Goldberg/Hogan on a PPV on that, the greatest night in the history of our sport.

Goldberg brought a year or 2 which is kinda amazing considering how bad they were. And i dont know how well a goldberg vs hogan ppv would do . I doubt it would beat their record.

Did sting have creative control?

Not at all

If people don't believe that someone visibly stops caring when they know something won't go well or alright, okay. That's your prerogative. Just try to remember the possibility when talking about Nak putting in another 2-star """"effort"""" or looking at old footage of the Shield and remarking about "well, Dean looked so good and STRONG back then, what happen :("

Shame Alicia Fox didn't get started in the last few years instead of when the division went into the dark days of the "Divas Division" when women's matches were treated as bathroom breaks and they had their shit training.

How good Sting was, was totally dependent on who he worked with, he was a relatively easy carry working with someone better than him but from what I remember he wasn't one who could do the carrying and was never the ring general sort.

Top Bottom