• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

Zach

rick+german.gif

Another reason why sting sucks, TNA. Like dude the was their for like half of his career yet no one ever mentions it mention talking about him.

Beyond the fact that the last sentence sounds like it's going three different paths, I'll try to answer the one path I think you're talking about (hopefully I'm right about this, if not it's narrowed down to only two! Yay!) Okay, so

In a way that it is Impossible to misinterpret as anything that might be unclear:

No one likes to talk about TNA

The founder's been run out of the company three separate times
The money mark who saved it abandoned ship
Nazis temporarily ran it
Christian easily had the best run in his career there, and when he had to go back there to give a speech, he looked like he wanted to be anywhere else on Earth including Chernobyl
Booker STILL openly talks about his time there as a vacation
Kurt had a tumor he didn't notice for a year (until it started pressing on a nerve in his neck) and that might not have been top 5 most noteworthy fuckups involving him or his health in the decade he spent there
Daffney got concussed and nearly broke her arm on a tack-filled table in a spot she didn't want to do in the first place, for a spot the cameras not only didn't catch but couldn't have aired on replay anyway due to Spike TV's policy, then was told at the hospital they wanted her paying the whole bill
Jesse Sorensen broke his neck at a PPV, and in the immediate aftermath Dixie looked him in the eyes and told him he had a job for life there. Not only was he fired less than 2 years later, they didn't pay for any of his medical bills. He had to rely on his mom's insurance, and she eventually had to file for bankruptcy because of it

Pikma

Banned
How did Heroman manage to type his username without botching it when signing up to GAF?

Or maybe the original idea was to go with Hear-a-mark

It's a soul crushing place and nobody looks back fondly on their time there

Shit, for 3 of the last 4 years a significant amount of people weren't even regularly paid on time. And that includes production staff, who were regularly intimidated into shutting up about the missing pay

Shame Alicia Fox didn't get started in the last few years instead of when the division went into the dark days of the "Divas Division" when women's matches were treated as bathroom breaks and they had their shit training.

It's bad enough that the women's divisions are in the places that they are right now. However, people mourning Alica Fox when her entire repertoire is a good looking northern lights and concussing her opponent, when Bayley and Sasha put on the best women's match in WWE history and have been gutted on the main roster is too much.

Summer has been the most screwed competitor in the division. The division itself was killed before it had a chance to get going.

It's bad enough that the women's divisions are in the places that they are right now. However, people mourning Alica Fox when her entire repertoire is a good looking northern lights and concussing her opponent, when Bayley and Sasha put on the best women's match in WWE history and have been gutted on the main roster is too much.

Summer has been the most screwed competitor in the division. The division itself was killed before it had a chance to get going.

Shit, I remember when Paige and Emma supposedly put on the best women's match ever.

Shit, I remember when Paige and Emma supposedly put on the best women's match ever.

It wasn't, but it was the best women's match in such a long time that it stood out. I'd been watching the WWE since 2000 and it was the first time I could say that the women's match was the best match of the card.

Outside of Bull, The Jumping Bomb Angels, the other Joshi talent, and Alundra it was the first time the women stood out due to their match. Rather than a wrestler getting hot over touching the crotch of a women she stalked at Wrestlemania.

Menome

A net? How cartoonish...

Quite fitting for fake sports then

It's less that it's a net and more that it's a ridiculously big one

Typical WCW overspending when the cheap option would be just as liked

It's not just that it's a cartoonishly large net, it's the fact that it almost completely misses Sting standing completely still. He has to hold the one bit that's touched his head to even attempt to make it look like it worked.

Recall

I just don't understand how WCW fans enjoyed its main event scene or anything beyond the cruiserweight stuff. WCW just could never put coherent stuff on TV and then lead into a PPV and use that to carry the next month etc.

WCW has the honour of the longest streak of horrific PPV main events.

The best part of WCW are clearly the gifs which highlight those brief seconds of fun, which need to be taken out of their original context to be enjoyed.

Pikma

Banned
I just don't understand how WCW fans enjoyed its main event scene or anything beyond the cruiserweight stuff. WCW just could never put coherent stuff on TV and then lead into a PPV and use that to carry the next month etc.

The best part of WCW are clearly the gifs which highlight those brief seconds of fun, which need to be taken out of their original context to be enjoyed.
Someone hide this post from Zach

Their undercard was the greatest of all time.

Top Bottom