• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

miserable

22277557_129128497739162_4802607137324793856_n.jpg
Bayley turning heel

Nekofrog

Banned
lets just say, for me in the 90s it was a lot easier to watch WCW's undercard, which was actually a really good portion of its show at times, than it was to watch the WWF's undercard

it cant be understated how brutal the undercard was for the WWF in 96 and 97. we're talking truth commission stuff. jackyl. oddities. furnas and lafon. mcmahon on commentary (this can be countered with zbysko on commentary so i dont know about that point). i also had 0 nostalgia attached to pro wrestling because I was a newer fan in 96, so nostalgia acts like the LOD in WWF had no meaning to me

Recall

Greatest undercard of all tme.

You don't sell PPVs with your undercard. Yes it's what a fan wants is for many matches to be entertaining/fun but to have actually spent your money on ordering the PPV was down to the pitch of the main event, right?

Outside of Starrcade 97 no other PPV had logical build, payoff and buy returns.

Goldberg was the best thing WCW ever did for its main event scene until Nash ruined it.

Hasney

I've been told to look out for an email from my brother for an email with a PSN code for my birthday.

Never have I hoped that something was Shadow of War. Or it could be PAN credit too.

Forkball

Why has WWE not tried to get Bobby Lashley back? Or does he just not want to return? Is doing Bellator that important to him? Do you’d think WWE would still allow his MMA bouts if he’s a part timer?

Dynedom

So is every member of the Undisputed Era going to get some sort of a kick as their finisher?

We need more Kicks in NXT!

Hasney

Talking of fake blood, I think War Games needs some colour and I wouldn't be opposed to blood packs. The fighting's fake, why not the blood?

There was so much mocking about seeing the pack handed over to Roman when really it should have been mocked for having Roman be the only guy to use blood in a long ass time and just to get some form of sympathy.

So is every member of the Undisputed Era going to get some sort of a kick as their finisher?

We need more Kicks in NXT!

Triple team finisher where they basically ping pong a dude between them with kicks.

Recall

Listening to the latest New Generation Project Podcast episode about WCW Superbrawl 8. It seemingly made over $4million off its PPV buyrate.

That's mental. I bet Zach was responsible for most of those buys though.

Kurita

Watching this week's NXT, huh
McIntyre looks like a goddamn giant compared to Strong, didn't realize Drew was that massive/tall.

Zach

You don't sell PPVs with your undercard. Yes it's what a fan wants is for many matches to be entertaining/fun but to have actually spent your money on ordering the PPV was down to the pitch of the main event, right?

Outside of Starrcade 97 no other PPV had logical build, payoff and buy returns.

Goldberg was the best thing WCW ever did for its main event scene until Nash ruined it.
I liked pre-Hogan main events. And then nWo Era-main events were cool for a bit because of the intriguing storyline.

I'm sorry for upsetting you, Recall.

I just don't understand how WCW fans enjoyed its main event scene or anything beyond the cruiserweight stuff. WCW just could never put coherent stuff on TV and then lead into a PPV and use that to carry the next month etc.

WCW has the honour of the longest streak of horrific PPV main events.

The best part of WCW are clearly the gifs which highlight those brief seconds of fun, which need to be taken out of their original context to be enjoyed.

The nWo story line drove the main event scene and got us tuning in, but really the undercard was great and that's what made me so into it. Since WCW ran at 8 and WWF ran at 9, it was very easy to watch the WCW undercard to main-event and then bail there for WWF.

Recall

Don't do it... Recall knows you love Bayley... what move does Bayley do that looks like a hug?

Hey excelsior, come over here for a minute...go in there through that door. Ignore that APA sign, it's just a company that is giving away ballon animals...you like balloon animals, don't you? Of course you do. So go in, enjoy.

Now Zach. Wanna hug now?

Mahonay

Banned
Watching this week's NXT, huh
McIntyre looks like a goddamn giant compared to Strong, didn't realize Drew was that massive/tall.
Hey just wasn't a mountain of muscle before, so he looks giant now.
The Kane return with Paul Bearer is legit one of the best returns of all time.

JR made that scene.
About the hardest I ever marked out in my life. I remember jumping off my couch.

Hey excelsior, come over here for a minute...go in there through that door. Ignore that APA sign, it's just a company that is giving away ballon animals...you like balloon animals, don't you? Of course you do. So go in, enjoy.

Now Zach. Wanna hug now?

Good thing I had beer with me.

Don't do it Zach

I'm-a go get a balloon animal with excelsiorlef.

YES!

They're the APA... what great WCW tag should we be Zach?

Top Bottom