• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus CEO steps down to head PC group. Palmer Luckey's new role to be revealed soon.

Their handling of this has been pretty atrocious. Like, a management reshuffle and probable lateral movement/promotion of Palmer isn't going to address shit and isn't the response they need to make to regain their lost customers who were burned by Palmer's actions. Any self-respecting company would've given him the boot by now.

At a guess perhaps there's some kind of contractual obligation to keep him employed or something like that? Why else would they just completely evade the situation?

Vice President of Racism

Remind me again why we're mad at Palmer? For supporting the man who won the presidency?

Doesn't seem like a crime to me.
I'll refresh your memory:

A Silicon Valley titan is putting money behind an unofficial Donald Trump group dedicated to “shitposting” and circulating internet memes maligning Hillary Clinton.
Nimble America says it’s dedicated to proving that “shitposting is powerful and meme magic is real,” according to the company’s introductory statement, and has taken credit for a billboard its founders say was posted outside of Pittsburgh with a cartoonishly large image of Clinton’s face alongside the words “Too Big to Jail.”
“We conquered Reddit and drive narrative on social media, conquered the [mainstream media], now it’s time to get our most delicious memes in front of Americans whether they like it or not,” a representative for the group wrote in an introductory post on Reddit.
Along with Luckey, Nimble America was founded by two moderators of Reddit’s r/The_Donald, which helped popularize Trump-themed white supremacist and anti-Semitic memes along with 4Chan and 8Chan. A questionnaire to become a moderator at r/The_Donald posted in March had applicants answer the questions “Is there a difference between white nationalism and white supremacy?” and “Was 9/11 an inside job?”
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...re-secretly-funding-trump-s-meme-machine.html

It's not just that he supported Trump (although that would be something worthy of ridicule on its own); it's how he did it and with whom.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Terrible post.

He gave money to alt-right neo-nazis. He is bad and should feel bad.

Pretty sure he actually founded the neo-nazi organization. He says he didn't but on the NimbleAmerica website he was listed as "vice president" along with one other name. They immediately took that off the site when the story broke.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Remind me again why we're mad at Palmer? For supporting the man who won the presidency?

I mean, the Nazis were just a popular political party, right? Surely no more words are needed to describe them, right?

Castef

Banned
This is what I'm worried it will actually be. If he gets a role that's basically "Facebook liaison to the Trump administration," I'm out.

Regardless of Luckey's role, I guess we are there since quite a bit of time now. Luckey just made that more clear...

bj00rn_

Banned
Well, interestingly enough I see a lot of "This message is hidden because ********** is on your ignore list." in this thread..

Trump is an asshat and a douchebag, and I don't agree with Luckey and what he supported. However, I can't stand lot of you people representing "the other side" either. You extreme leftist SJWs and you far right Trump supporters can both just fuck the fuck off and leave the world alone in my opinion.

hawk2025

Well, interestingly enough I see a lot of "This message is hidden because ********** is on your ignore list."..

Trump is an asshat and a douchebag, and I don't agree with Luckey and what he supported. However, I can't stand lot of people representing "the other side" either. You extreme leftist SJWs and you far right Trump supporters can both just fuck the fuck off and leave the world alone in my opinion.

Wow.

There are false equivalencies, and then there's... This.

MrToast

Well, interestingly enough I see a lot of "This message is hidden because ********** is on your ignore list."..

Trump is an asshat and a douchebag, and I don't agree with Luckey and what he supported. However, I can't stand lot of people representing "the other side" either. You extreme leftist SJWs and you far right Trump supporters can both just fuck the fuck off and leave the world alone in my opinion.

I think this is a bit of an overreaction.

Trace

Banned
Well, interestingly enough I see a lot of "This message is hidden because ********** is on your ignore list." in this thread..

Trump is an asshat and a douchebag, and I don't agree with Luckey and what he supported. However, I can't stand lot of you people representing "the other side" either. You extreme leftist SJWs and you far right Trump supporters can both just fuck the fuck off and leave the world alone in my opinion.

Holy shit.

Talk about false equivalency.

Wow.

There are false equivalencies, and then there's... This.

Damnit Hawk!

I already thought you were a basement level poster, but even you are capable of devolving. Bravo.

Also the handling of this situation has lead to me deciding to never give Oculus a chance.

Mega

Banned
He won't feel bad. He didn't get tricked into being a white supremacist. Palmer is a rotten coward, and so insecure he even lies about how he started from nothing.

How did he lie about starting from nothing? I've read claims his parents were wealthy and bought him tons of VR headsets and computer gear. On the opposite side, I've read he worked part-time jobs and earned all his stuff.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The republicans are on the level of Nazis ethics/moral-wise?

Trump? I would say he potentially is. I mean, he's a proven racist and misogynist who blames our problems on dirty immigrants and talks about building a Muslim registry all while happily enjoying the support of white supremacists who call for even more extreme action. Shit can escalate pretty quickly once the power is in his hands.

Regardless, that's separate from my point. It was less about comparing the Republicans or Trump to the Nazis and more about pointing out how absurdly simple his proposed description of events was.

bj00rn_

Banned
I already thought you were a basement level poster, but even you are capable of devolving. Bravo.

And here comes the ad hominems, and the labels.. Not surprised. You just can't handle it when there are people out there who has an opinion that you didn't approve can you..

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
And here comes the ad hominems, and the labels.. Not surprised. You just can't handle it when there are people out there who has an opinion that you didn't approve can you..

I mean, you used the "SJWs" in earnest. Going to be hard for anyone who doesn't identify as "alt-right" to take you seriously after that.

"Both sides are totes the same you guys"

bj00rn_

Banned
I mean, you used the "SJWs" in earnest. Going to be hard for anyone to take you seriously after that.

Who specifically did I point out as a SJW? I'm just here to give my opinion. I don't like extremists of any kind. And to me it's utterly absurd that my distaste for extremists would offend anyone. It's rather hilarious actually.

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
NeoGaf: where it's OK to punish people for the political beliefs. . .so long as they're the "wrong" ones.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Who specifically did I point out as a SJW? You want to circle jerk, and you're annoyed that I'm raining on it. I'm just here to give my opinion. I don't like extremists of any kind. And to me it's utterly absurd that my distaste for extremists would offend anyone. It's rather hilarious actually.

I feel like words are lost on you, so I'll just stop. Have fun with your ridiculous opinion.

NeoGaf: where it's OK to punish people for the political beliefs. . .so long as they're the "wrong" ones.

Yes? When you're supporting shitbag racists, you can't just dismiss that as someone's political beliefs that are worthy of respect even if you disagree. At least you shouldn't.

It's a lot easier to make blanket declarations than to point out specific posts you disagree with and why. I'm not seeing anything that would warrant classification as as 'extreme leftist SJW' material in this thread and if its not here why bother bringing it up?

Guys, I'm here to break up the circle jerk against the person that funded white supremacists.

Please notice me.
Senpai notices you

hawk2025

While I'm at it, I'll happily wear the badge of "Social Justice Warrior".

Your insult is an honor. I wish I actually fought for social justice more than I do.

NandoGip

Thread's off the rails already as to be expected any time mr. self made man Luckey is mentioned.

I'm interested to see what they're going to do with the Mobile division. I"m still sticking to not purchasing their products due to Luckey's support of Trump but it's getting harder every day.

bj00rn_

Banned
You're the only one picking people into sides. I consider myself a normal person, it's not "us vs them".

Now you're being disingenuous. I suspect some of you are so testy just because I challenge your warm and cozy pre-approved "correct" opinions. And all this just because I hate extremists..

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Life is much simpler when you only see black and white. Us vs them. These extremists vs those extremists. That's your brain working against you for "your" sake. To make things more manageable/compartmentalized. Goal is to try and rise above that on a moment to moment basis. Much easier said than done, I learn on a daily basis.

Occam

The republicans are on the level of Nazis ethics/moral-wise?

What morals would that be? US Republican has become synonymous with bigoted willful ignorance, lack of compassion and total disregard for the future of this planet in exchange for personal short-term gain and power.

bj00rn_

Banned
I feel like words are lost on you, so I'll just stop. Have fun with your ridiculous opinion.

Thanks. Now you go back to having fun with your rainbow and unicorn circle jerk where you are only allowed to have pre-approved thoughts and opinions, and everyone who doesn't conform are to be annoyed to death by bitchy remarks.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit

Well...bye.gif.

Mman235

bj00rn_ said:

bj00rn_ said:
Thanks. Now you go back to having fun with your rainbow and unicorn circle jerk where you are only allowed to have pre-approved thoughts and opinions, and everyone who doesn't conform are to be annoyed to death by bitchy remarks.

Lmao. It's totally others trying to make a Safe Space insulated from other's opinions though.

He participated and affiliated himself with the openly racist, openly bigoted "alt-right", then lied about it repeatedly despite proof being visible to all.

Top Bottom