• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Odd of Dark Souls 2 getting a Next Gen port ?

ElFly

There's absolutely no reason to get interested in the up-in-the-air possibility of Demon Souls 2 when Dark Souls 2 is around the corner.

IF Demon 2 exists it won't be shown until after the Dark 2 DLC is out.

I was told in this forum that Demon 2 was for sure going to be shown at the Tokyo Game Show this year and TGS came and went and nothing. Maybe the insiders confused it for Deep Down.

odds are pretty good, however there are too many 360s, and PS3s in the wild to be ignored.
g1.gif

PC version will hopefully be king again.

params7

Banned
In my mind odds are very high, which is why I haven't preordered the collector's edition yet. I don't want to play any current gen systems after this year.

RedSwirl

I thought I heard FROM say they weren't interested in making another version that simply ran at a higher resolution.

If that's true, then it seems to me that the current-gen spec is the highest and only spec range they've built for the game, and a next-gen version would literally be the exact same game but in 1080p, perhaps 60fps, and maybe with better textures.

Novocaine

Happy to get it on current gen myself. I won't be unplugging my PS3 any time soon, at least until all of the Street Fighters have been moved over to PS4. Will be getting in on PC eventually too, most likely on a Steam sale.

i-Lo

Most likely as a 1080p60fps upgrade.

That said, I still wonder if there is any truth to the director of Demon's Souls is secretly working on a sequel (exclusive to PS4).

Valnen

I'm guessing it actually has a good chance of happening considering they changed their stance after saying they had no plans and to not rule it out.

I am rather disappointed there is no black armor edition or collector's edition for PC in NA. So hopefully if a PS4 version does happen they release the CE and black armor editions for that console as well.

Midou

Yeah I'd say very likely. PC -> PS4/XBO port ease + heavy online aspect + the game coming out several months into next-gen = next-gen port for people to double dip and keep community alive.

PC version will hopefully be king again.
[/QUOTE]

That's pushing it a little. If you really enjoy fighting PC hacks/mods and having pvp die off alarmingly quickly... I guess. Im aware consoles have hackers but not close to the extent of PC, imo the reason pvp isn't what it was a while back.

Top Bottom