• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

haxan7

Banned
ResetEra type behavior will be mocked on a wide scale in 5-10 years time. Predicted here first by me

I'm also drunk, although not nearly enough

Best prediction ever.

comic-book-guy-computer.jpg

Shmunter

Well let that be a lesson to the rest of you!

The far right invented Fascism, but looking at the actions of the far left these days, which part of the definition can be dismissed in that context? I would say only the Nationalism part, the rest on a day to day basis is mostly evident in the left...

Fascism (/ˈfæʃɪzəm/) is a form of radical authoritarian ultranationalism, characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition and strong regimentation of society and of the economy”

Last edited:

Grinchy

Banned
Ree's gonna use this Thanksgiving to call out "Racist" family members: https://www.resetera.com/threads/to...to-call-out-your-racist-family-members.82359/

Though if I'm being honest, this feels like a troll thread to set up the crazies :D
I feel like I see this thread every year there and also every year back when they used to run this place. It's their first time home since going away to freshman year all 2 months ago, and their general requirement humanities classes have taught them so many new "facts" that they need to make their family members aware of.

Papa

Banned

I thought you’d enjoy this

Snowflake syndrome, participation trophy culture, no child left behind policy (aka no child gets ahead / flattening the bell curve): these are all symptoms of an overly feminised world. Kids need to be taught that they aren't snowflakes so that when they reach adulthood and enter the real world, it's not a huge shock that no one gives a fuck about them. Could you imagine another world war breaking out and all of your fighting-aged men suffering from snowflake syndrome?

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I’m going through it with kids at daycare/preschool. They are not allowed to use words like ‘winner’

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Snowflake syndrome, participation trophy culture, no child left behind policy (aka no child gets ahead / flattening the bell curve): these are all symptoms of an overly feminised world. Kids need to be taught that they aren't snowflakes so that when they reach adulthood and enter the real world, it's not a huge shock that no one gives a fuck about them. Could you imagine another world war breaking out and all of your fighting-aged men suffering from snowflake syndrome?

I disagree. It has nothing to do with feminism, but a generation of parents who knew nothing of actual hardships. A bunch of weak willed folk who feel the need to coddle their children to such a degree that it becomes detrimental in developing basic skills and mindsets needed for success. Kids need to be taught what it means to win and lose. They need to be taught about painful things and they need to learn how to deal with them. We probably wouldn't have had this generation of 6000 genders trying so desperately to be "unique" because they never were taught otherwise.

Papa

Banned
I disagree. It has nothing to do with feminism, but a generation of parents who knew nothing of actual hardships. A bunch of weak willed folk who feel the need to coddle their children to such a degree that it becomes detrimental in developing basic skills and mindsets needed for success. Kids need to be taught what it means to win and lose. They need to be taught about painful things and they need to learn how to deal with them. We probably wouldn't have had this generation of 6000 genders trying so desperately to be "unique" because they never were taught otherwise.

I didn't mention feminism specifically. I said these are symptoms of an overly feminised world, not of feminism itself. Feminism itself could also be considered a symptom. The key issue is that the lack of an existential threat results in a loss of perspective following a generational change.

Shmunter

I didn't mention feminism specifically. I said these are symptoms of an overly feminised world, not of feminism itself. Feminism itself could also be considered a symptom. The key issue is that the lack of an existential threat results in a loss of perspective following a generational change.

Indeed, another example is the deliberate disregard that boys and girls are different. I know A grade teachers, and they all insist that boys and girls learn differently. Girls are happy to quietly sit and colour for break time, but boys need to get out and run around every so often to be able to come back and learn..

Boys are not being allowed to be boys any longer, and it’s going to result in a lack of purpose and a feeling something is missing inside them in the long run.

I genuinely pray that one day this all gets cleared up and things get back on track for future generations.

Saw this regarding Australian schools the other day...

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
The assault on education truly disgusts me. The real left need to grind these radical shitheels out

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
https://www.resetera.com/threads/ra...-a-fedex-driver-dies-when-punched-back.82463/

Another day, another bunch of era posters celebrating death as a punishment
I haven't read most of the thread, but the op is not about death as a punishment. They ere quarreling, when the now dead party took a swing, the other guy hit back and with just that one hit, the attacker died. Tough luck, but hardly death as a punishment, just as a tragic outcome. If the story in the op is right, I see no good reason why this should be punished or be seen as death as punishment.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
I haven't read most of the thread, but the op is not about death as a punishment. They ere quarreling, when the now dead party took a swing, the other guy hit back and with just that one hit, the attacker died. Tough luck, but hardly death as a punishment, just as a tragic outcome. If the story in the op is right, I see no good reason why this should be punished or be seen as death as punishment.
How do you live without the ability to infer that which is not directly stated? You must have a lot of social misunderstandings if your only input is in a literal sense

Yoshi

How do you live without the ability to infer that which is not directly stated? You must have a lot of social misunderstandings if your only input is in a literal sense
I'm not a fan of jdging people by assumptions.

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
Ok. Sure would be a big loss if something terrible happened to that OP. Really hope he doesn’t have a disfiguring accident of any kind :messenger_winking:

Last edited:

prag16

Banned

Did we read the same thread? It's full of people on the spectrum between being okay with it since the guy who died was presumably a racist, and on the other end people actively glad the guy is dead. Hardly anybody has any concern at all for the tragic nature of the death.

The guy who threw the fatal punch probably has far more regret than Era.

Airola

Another mass triggering happening in the Sexualization thread. I'm too tired to post screencaps, plus there's too much crap to sort through

But it starts at Kylo Rey and goes to the next page:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...st-scream-read-op.65064/page-59#post-15257755
VuxMpG5.png

Lol, the "user banned" text is starting to look like the parody versions seen in this forum :D

EDIT: If we were in a comedy like Naked Gun or Airplane we'd soon see someone holding a book called "User banned" and it having the pages filled with all kinds of more or less lengthy reasons :D

Last edited:

Blam

I make it 12 bans in 30 minutes now. Almost a purge. To be fair I haven't delved into the bans but I don't really need to.
https://www.resetera.com/threads/re...me-for-a-common-nickname-in-my-culture.82574/

This is why and lmao the mod post locking it

This thread is full of off site sleuthing, inflammatory false equivalences, and troll posts. It doesn't seem like it would recover so we're keeping it closed.

"off site sleuthing" I think he means doxxing lmao.

Breakage

Indeed, another example is the deliberate disregard that boys and girls are different. I know A grade teachers, and they all insist that boys and girls learn differently. Girls are happy to quietly sit and colour for break time, but boys need to get out and run around every so often to be able to come back and learn..

Boys are not being allowed to be boys any longer, and it’s going to result in a lack of purpose and a feeling something is missing inside them in the long run.

I genuinely pray that one day this all gets cleared up and things get back on track for future generations.

Saw this regarding Australian schools the other day...

This stuff is happening here in England too. If you have conservative views, you have to either be careful about how you express it or stay quiet. That is the climate the Left has created.
Conservative thought has been purged from the education system and television, and it is frowned upon in the workplace. The leftwing progressive worldview is now the "correct" way of thinking.
That is what children are being taught in British schools. There is no balance. The dishonest rhetoric of "inclusivity" implies that there is room for all views (including conservative views). Reality paints a different picture.

I'm just thankful I don't have a child at the moment.

Ivellios

If i were a mod, i would ban you for arguing in bad faith

Joking, but can you not see how wrong celebrating the death of average person is?

JimmyRustler

Gold Member
I mean their user count has completely stagnated. It rarely ever goes up lmao. they are banning more then they get registering.
Speaking of which... Does reset have a status page showing how many members are online at any given moment like on GAF here? Would be curious to know.

Yoshi

If i were a mod, i would ban you for arguing in bad faith

Joking, but can you not see how wrong celebrating the death of average person is?
As a pacifist, I am opposed to celebrating any person's death. Still ther is a long shot between advocating murder and even celebrating someone's death.

Ivellios

As a pacifist, I am opposed to celebrating any person's death. Still ther is a long shot between advocating murder and even celebrating someone's death.

Plenty of people here have show examples of members there advocating murder on different threads.

And the thread we are currently discussing had plenty of people celebrating the victim death, even a mod did it.

Yoshi

Plenty of people here have show examples of members there advocating murder on different threads.

And the thread we are currently discussing had plenty of people celebrating the victim death, even a mod did it.
What am I supposed to say to that? If people advocate for murder, that's shit behaviour, but this thread does not appear to be one where this happens. If people celebrate a person's death, that's also shit behaviour, though less severe. It happens in the quoted thread. The quotation of the thread should have been within the right context, which is the latter one and the former one.

Blam

Speaking of which... Does reset have a status page showing how many members are online at any given moment like on GAF here? Would be curious to know.
No because that'd show maybe 500+ people at most on their site at all times. Why would they boast their small online user count. Afraid to show decline.

I mean their beta.resetera.com site uses the original default style before logging in and that shows 14 users online obviously only on that other instance.

Last edited:
Hi, this account Is new but I was part of the bias purge that took place over a year ago that Evilore mentioned when he talked about mods executing indiscriminate bans for having opposing opinions. I sent an email before this account was approved by got no answer.

Is there a mod I can talk to about getting my account unbanned so I can use it? Or if anyone can tag some mods to this post so they can see it?

Really appreciate it, glad Neogaf is back to being a great community.

DGrayson

Mod Team and Bat Team
Staff Member
Hi, this account Is new but I was part of the bias purge that took place over a year ago that Evilore mentioned when he talked about mods executing indiscriminate bans for having opposing opinions. I sent an email before this account was approved by got no answer.

Is there a mod I can talk to about getting my account unbanned so I can use it? Or if anyone can tag some mods to this post so they can see it?

Really appreciate it, glad Neogaf is back to being a great community.

EviLore EviLore see above.

Grinchy

Banned
Another mass triggering happening in the Sexualization thread. I'm too tired to post screencaps, plus there's too much crap to sort through

But it starts at Kylo Rey and goes to the next page:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/wh...st-scream-read-op.65064/page-59#post-15257755
lol my favorite reply so far is:

So were we, because again a man barges in here putting his love for a franchise over the concerns of women who suffer for it.

Women are suffering because of Fire Emblem. I just can't imagine being so weak that you think you've suffered over this. Imagine if someone like that had to go through any actual, real-world suffering.

Blam

Women are suffering because of Fire Emblem. I just can't imagine being so weak that you think you've suffered over this. Imagine if someone like that had to go through any actual, real-world suffering.
Man a digital game is causing me real life harm it's almost like I can't ignore it no matter how much I look away at the screen.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
What people are doing is mocking something serious like death to something that is acceptable in certain situations. Was this an acceptable situation, you think?

The reason a lot of users in that thread take potshots at that is because of a few things:
  • They don't go outside, therefore this situation will never occur to them
  • Death is something they only know from playing Dark Souls and the rage that induces. They don't understand the real life consequences that inevitably exist around the concept of death
  • Being upset online about it is vastly more important than either shrugging it off or doing something about it
  • So basically this is me. Shit.... :messenger_fearful:
Ofcourse, these are generalizations. But i reckon that if i put this forward in a convincing manner there, i would have people agreeing with me like that, unaware of the implications that these statements bring.

The fact some NSFW content had to be removed and it didn't get warned shows how erratic the system is. Y

I'm not a fan of jdging people by assumptions.
But who are you judging? The person who swung first, or the person who swung deadly?

I agree though with the general statement, but to the topic in question its not relevant imo.

Man a digital game is causing me real life harm it's almost like I can't ignore it no matter how much I look away at the screen.
I am literally filtering that nonsense out. Next thing you read in the history books is that these people were pioneers for giving rights to digital and virtual characters, and to that extent, robots.

Blam

I am literally filtering that nonsense out. Next thing you read in the history books is that these people were pioneers for giving rights to digital and virtual characters, and to that extent, robots.
If this happens we as a whole have failed entirely as a society. If we stoop to that level where someones custom character. Or a character for a game has the same rights as me? Fuck that entirely. These are figments of someones imagination turned into a "real" 3d model that is being animated by others.

They the character artists have all the well in the world to do whatever the fuck they want with their characters and if that means stupidly scandalous clothing? Then so be it. It's their vision not ours, and if we don't like it then we best just look for something else.

Man ERA is a capsule of the internet, and I hope that entire community gets a huge fucking wake up call. Because some of those people are so fucking sheltered it hurts.

What are they bitching about Fire Emblem for? They toned back the pervy shit in the series anyways with Shadows of Valentia, too bad none of them actually played it. :messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
If this happens we as a whole have failed entirely as a society. If we stoop to that level where someones custom character. Or a character for a game has the same rights as me? Fuck that entirely. These are figments of someones imagination turned into a "real" 3d model that is being animated by others.

They the character artists have all the well in the world to do whatever the fuck they want with their characters and if that means stupidly scandalous clothing? Then so be it. It's their vision not ours, and if we don't like it then we best just look for something else.

Man ERA is a capsule of the internet, and I hope that entire community gets a huge fucking wake up call. Because some of those people are so fucking sheltered it hurts.
Bro, we lot just aren't progressive enough.

That's it, i am leaving the Gameosphere. Farewell.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
This guys household should become a single household with everyone of the country he lives in...nay the whole world having access to it and it's privileges.

Boss Mog

Found the open borders advocate wanting to replace entire countries with immigrants.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/hi...ightwing-populists.82752/page-3#post-15298785
VjJWjlJ.png

The last line almost makes all those conspiracy theories about a one world government ruling over people to be true.
Deus Ex even predicted the same thing 20 years ago!

OyL7uzT.jpg

They always mean the opposite of what they say. Multiculturalism is actually code for monoculturalism in the form of islam. They sow this narrative that white people are a monolith both ethnically and culturally but it's completely untrue. The greeks and the Swedes couldn't be more different both ethnically and culturally. Europe is the most culturally diverse continent on the planet but all those cultures are being destroyed on a daily basis to make room for a single "culture".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom