• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
This is the most popular thread on this website and it just people talk shit about era. That is just sad.

There is something even sadder.

The most popular thread on the other website's gaming side is dedicated to "Why women hate sexualized design", clothes, attires, you know the part of a game that has the least to do with gaming,

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
This is the most popular thread on this website and it just people talk shit about era. That is just sad.
If you take a look at the thread, this is also some kind of general chat thread for many of us. Not everything in here is pure negativity. Though it is true that it is a bit strange that this thread of all serves this purpose so much, Resetera is a forum that is deeply connected to NeoGAF.

Shaqazooloo

Man the Chipotle thread is gold, seeing all these disgusting people going apeshit, only to be proven wrong is fucking hilarious. They really do live in their own world.

This guy tells it like it is and doesn't just get banned for it, his name seems to suggest his account was nuked: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...weets-change-story.81602/page-9#post-15097417
"Deleted Member 3335" Damn! never seen that before and looking at a later reply that still had his original username it does seem like they just completely nuked the account.
Dude had some serious balls to say that to a resetera mod, I guess.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
That is just sad.
How would you classify your own part in this? I mean, there are a lot of threads here but somehow you deem it needed to point out how popular this thread is and how sad it is.

You aren't the first who says this. And we aren't the last to keep explaining things. If your intent is geniune, then by all means, contribute, but if these posts are as far as you would want to go, pointing a singular thing out, perhaps there are other ventures to explore, like ERA itself? I don't even mean that as a snark - The community at ERA and quite a few of its posters might be more to your liking.

At the very least, explore this site beyond this thread: This thread does not represent GAF as a whole. What would you want to achieve here? Be a contributive poster, or, which is a recurring theme, be a poster looking for a catch?

If it is the latter, then i think that's very sad. I assume you are a poster with a plethora of opinions and views - Views which you may want to share and that we would want to hear, but yet, you would squander it against the cliff of glancing impressions, as a way to test people out here.

For what it is worth, i much prefer your activity to be worthwhile, than to be a recurring theme and being piled upon by others. I think you are better than that.

Mochilador

If you take a look at the thread, this is also some kind of general chat thread for many of us. Not everything in here is pure negativity. Though it is true that it is a bit strange that this thread of all serves this purpose so much, Resetera is a forum that is deeply connected to NeoGAF.
"The brother of light and the brother of dark".
mgs-art-concept1.jpg

Skyn3t

Banned
So is ResetEra going to die or not? Just made an account there to write to SweetNicole that she has a pretty big dick for such a nickname. Waiting for approval.

Redneckerz

So is ResetEra going to die or not? Just made an account there to write to SweetNicole that she has a pretty big dick for such a nickname.
I don't see how that is beneficial or funny. If anything, its the same kind of gotcha stuff we are getting now anyways, but the other way around.

I wouldn't want to stoop to that level just to make a point like that, especially since its a personal insult and not a criticism on their behavior. Judge them upon what they do, not what they are.

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I don't see how that is beneficial or funny. If anything, its the same kind of gotcha stuff we are getting now anyways, but the other way around.

I wouldn't want to stoop to that level just to make a point like that, especially since its a personal insult and not a criticism on their behavior. Judge them upon what they do, not what they are.

I think he might be joking.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
I keep getting banned over there for really innocuous shit.

Most recent one yesterday was because I said Trump was a 'teenage girl' because his excuse for not going to Arlington on Veterans day was because he stayed up on the phone all night gossiping with whoever he was on the phone with. Someone replied to me and I said it seems like they were being pretty sensitive about it. Boom... banned for Mysoginy and/or attacking a female member. ATTACKING... LMAO.

I'm almost 40 though and I think I'm growing out of all of this message board shit. Especially trying to talk to people who try so damn hard to be as woke and unoffensive as possible. Don't have time for that kinda fake nonsense.

Sorry just wanted somewhere to vent. Carry on.

I keep getting banned over there for really innocuous shit.

Most recent one yesterday was because I said Trump was a 'teenage girl' because his excuse for not going to Arlington on Veterans day was because he stayed up on the phone all night gossiping with whoever he was on the phone with. Someone replied to me and I said it seems like they were being pretty sensitive about it. Boom... banned for Mysoginy and/or attacking a female member. ATTACKING... LMAO.

I'm almost 40 though and I think I'm growing out of all of this message board shit. Especially trying to talk to people who try so damn hard to be as woke and unoffensive as possible. Don't have time for that kinda fake nonsense.

Sorry just wanted somewhere to vent. Carry on.
Wait, wait. So ERA members lost their shit because you didn't criticize Trump the "correct" way?

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member
I'm guessing it's the teenage girl comparison. Thing is anyone who has worked with teenagers will tell you that teenage boys beat the crap out of each other and teenage girls fight socially, gossip, etc, it's hardly an inaccurate characterisation.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
This is the most popular thread on this website.
No, it's not.

It moves significantly slower than other threads. It is nothing more than a long running thread that always has new material to facedesk about.

Man the Chipotle thread is gold, seeing all these disgusting people going apeshit, only to be proven wrong is fucking hilarious. They really do live in their own world.

This guy tells it like it is and doesn't just get banned for it, his name seems to suggest his account was nuked: https://www.resetera.com/threads/ch...weets-change-story.81602/page-9#post-15097417

Particularly entertaining about this one is how they waited a couple pages before issuing the ban and unpersoning.

I guess that is their way around being open about who and why people get banned.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
I'm guessing it's the teenage girl comparison. Thing is anyone who has worked with teenagers will tell you that teenage boys beat the crap out of each other and teenage girls fight socially, gossip, etc, it's hardly an inaccurate characterisation.

'Mean Girls' was a documentary.

Dthomp

There is something even sadder.

The most popular thread on the other website's gaming side is dedicated to "Why women hate sexualized design", clothes, attires, you know the part of a game that has the least to do with gaming,

That thread was one of the many stupid threads that made me want nothing to do with that site. I wish there was an easy way to delete my account over there. I honestly don't want my name (not that I matter) associated with the people over there.

Wait, wait. So ERA members lost their shit because you didn't criticize Trump the "correct" way?

I don't think I've seen a more ERA thing then that....

I'm saying what I want to say here because I am not allowed to say it over at ResetEra. It's an echo chamber there with extremely little breathing room for any differing opinions from that of the mod team. If you want to come here and actually talk about anything, then be my guest.

I'll start it off by commenting how the mods there are clearly biased beyond reason, and should be ashamed of themselves. I don't know which ones, or if it's each and every one of them, so I'm just going to lump them all together which is what I learned to do in my time there.

Most ironically, racism is on the rise on a basically week by week basis there. I got banned for calling out a racist post as racist, and yet shit like this (post 11 is a shining example) slides right on by. Note the mod who "knows it when they see it" 2 posts before. It made me laugh. If you think you can only be white and racist, we're going to have a strong disagreement.

I'm not about to be Era's toy soldier, and everyone there who is should also be ashamed of themselves.

So what is really "just sad"? To me it's defending that type of hate, remaining silent just so that you can still have an account there, faking agreement and outrage over every little thing to fit in when there are very real issues that actually deserve the outrage, or hating everyone who isn't precisely like me and in a perfect line with my views.

That is how I see Resetera in general, and that is what is "just sad" to me.

Last edited:

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
https://www.resetera.com/threads/tr...t-bin-laden-sooner.81751/page-2#post-15121266
3vwu0n7.png

At least one Reset user is waking up to the constant death threats that appear on Resetera.

Regardless, if you still see these posts, please report Resetera to the FBI. Perhaps one day these rainbow totting avatars will lose their minds and harm the President.

GHymCU8.jpg
That person got banned "duration pending", so not too unlikely it will become permanent. I have my doubts that the FBI will see this and say "oh, we need to close that hellhole". At most they would investigate the individual poster. With a completely abstract and unrealistic comment like this it will probably lead to just "Oh, another spam mail bei JordanN".

JordanN

Banned
Edit: Meant to post this in this thread.

Another Reset loser comes to Neogaf only to embarrass them self.

https://www.neogaf.com/threads/righ...ng-video-gamers.1468255/page-2#post-253585966
Actually, yeah, you're a misogynistic nazi sympathizer. especially if you're using moronic terms like "NPC", which is co-opted and used by white supremacists.

I can only imagine what you look and smell like.

e: I've asked mods here to delete my account because this place is filled with alt-right/nazi, sexually pent up losers that are so socially inept and repulsive that the only hobby they find some sort of pleasure in is diving into a pretend virtual world where not showing is okay.

It's always the same song and dance. "You're a Nazi! You're a Nazi! You're a Nazi!".

And then they wonder why they get called NPCs. They only have one dialogue they repeat over and over.

JordanN

Banned
We're getting one step closer to Idiocracy.

Now Resetera believes video game characters "must consent".

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...-on-the-other-hand.81860/page-8#post-15145719

1yw7Y1q.png

WTF is happening to the world? Are humans slowly getting dumber and dumber? Are we regressing back to cavemen days?

And these people are serious. Remember, they're the same fools that call hitting a feminist in a video game "a virtual hate crime".
https://www.resetera.com/threads/mo...pdate-re-instated.79514/page-20#post-14721904

CFO7BGA.png

The world is going to be screwed when Trump leaves office. Expect new laws being passed that will criminalize you for playing video games a certain way.

With Sony moving their headquarters to California, you can bet they're going to absorb a lot of Resetera SJW types.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

https://www.resetera.com/threads/a-...in-the-current-batch-of-fighting-games.81779/
The folks over at REEE discuss minority representation in fighting games but conveniently ignore East Asians because "of how people would feel about the final percentage " which means they already have a conclusion they're desperate to establish that there's not enough "PoC" and so they need to sweep any contradicting data under the rug.

The OP later states he's writing a "thesis" on Street Fighter and Tekken. Let that sink in, a "thesis" on some fighting videogames... This is apparently what passes for education these days. The only thing this person should be writing is his personal information on an admission form to his nearest mental institution.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-is-a-homophobe-wtf-fantastic-beasts-2-spoilers.81878/
More mental illness in this thread where a guy's wife tells him she doesn't think it's cool to promote homosexuality to kids. Basically they all tell him to leave her even though they have benn together 10 years and have a kid together. These incels are so out of touch with reality they don't even understand the concept of being in a relationship and that you don't throw it away because of a few words. But really I should've expected as much from people that disavow their families should they vote republican. I agree with the wife here, there's no need to promote homosexuality to children and saying so doesn't make her a homophobe.

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned
Holy crap, the Dead or Alive thread is a gold mine for peak human stupidity.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...on-the-other-hand.81860/page-10#post-15147251

u0wVbqY.png

bXvaIKd.png

The future is lost now that these morons are slowly getting into positions of power.
Consenting Game Characters
Virtual Hate Crimes.
Men treat women based off video games.

It's all too much. It's all too stupid. But this is real life, not a dream. The morons wont disappear but continue to multiply.

7IpwnO9.jpg

Last edited:

Breakage

https://www.resetera.com/threads/my-wife-is-a-homophobe-wtf-fantastic-beasts-2-spoilers.81878/
More mental illness in this thread where a guy's wife tells him she doesn't think it's cool to promote homosexuality to kids. Basically they all tell him to leave her even though they have benn together 10 years and have a kid together. These incels are so out of touch with reality they don't even understand the concept of being in a relationship and that you don't throw it away because of a few words. But really I should've expected as much from people that disavow their families should they vote republican. I agree with the wife here, there's no need to promote homosexuality to children and saying so doesn't make her a homophobe.
I had a flick through that thread. It's as if these people can't function when they encounter something in real life that counters the Reset Era world view. He even calls himself an "ally". Unthinking support of the LGBT ideology (regardless of how absurd the ideas become) is increasingly expected in the same way Islamic fanatics expect submission to Islam. If you don't show your support, you are a bad person ie a disbeliever – and therefore deserve all the opprobrium you get. In the western world, the LGBT movement is more like a secular religion these days.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned

The most poetic justice of all would be that his wife would beat the tar out of him, harass him, then call the cops that HE is violating her, coppers pass handcuffs to the "wife beater", social media demonize the guy, and lastly, wife takes full custody of the child.

Would be a good wake-up call on WHAT kind of society this dude and like-minded persons has he helped fester and thrive.....if anyone of those broken mirrors had the slightest bit of self-awareness, that is.

Barnabot

I was about about to post this bullshit. To the poster of that thread: Aw c'mon man. Don't do this shit to your wife. Complaining about ther in a Internet forum first? And it's Era? And then maybe after that talk to you wife?

Last edited:

eot

Banned
The most poetic justice of all would be that his wife would beat the tar out of him, harass him, then call the cops that HE is violating her, coppers pass handcuffs to the "wife beater", social media demonize the guy, and lastly, wife takes full custody of the child.

Would be a good wake-up call on WHAT kind of society this dude and like-minded persons has he helped fester and thrive.....if anyone of those broken mirrors had the slightest bit of self-awareness, that is.
Come on, don't go there.

Barnabot

But that wouldn't do any justice to the wife imo. The guy just wronged her. She doesn't need to go "full Era" like he did. She can be better than this.

Michele

you.
Sigh, here we go again. The mental intelligence of the REEEEEEra is slowly degressing now. Them and their idiocracy. I don't like their behavior, but I'll let them fight

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I just found one oldbie user who just likes such posts but has not made a post since the exodus. One of the users that got liked also made a gotcha post and has not participated since.

I assume they are testing the system to see what is allowed and what isn't. Ill continue to engage them in friendly manners, perhaps they are just observing and still undecided to come back.

I don't think its beneficial to respond to anyone looking for a gotcha post with a gotcha post back. If we gradually want to move away from the negative stigma GAF has, then picking apart these people looking for a spark only serves to maintain that negativity, imo.

I'm not so nice. You make a sock puppet account after you likely virtue signaled crying for a ban or posting porn, then you are forever unwelcome in my book. The current gas lit sock puppets that only post in certain types of threads are annoying enough as it is.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Regarding that "my wife is a homophobe thread", I'm not sure which is the more egregious example of being oblivious; him taking 10 years to get his wife's position, or posting on Ree and expecting insightful responses.

I'm going with the latter :D

H

hariseldon

Unconfirmed Member

*sigh* Whatever you think of people on the internet, there's a person on the other end of that post. Dehumanising them is a shitty thing to do, whoever's 'side' they're on. Maybe it's someone who got a bit brainwashed, maybe with a bit of time away from Resetera they could regain their composure. I agree that it's a shitty post but honestly, that kind of thing reflects badly on all of us, because just as we judge asshole posts there, you can be sure they judge asshole posts here, and every asshole post makes it a bit harder for a good person to come back.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The DOAX3 thread there was interesting to read since most people seemed to be against censorship. The mods then shut it down with a BS reason.

Redneckerz

I'm not so nice. You make a sock puppet account after you likely virtue signaled crying for a ban or posting porn, then you are forever unwelcome in my book. The current gas lit sock puppets that only post in certain types of threads are annoying enough as it is.
The thing is, a lot of these users are oldbies and not sock puppets. They left with a grande finale back in October 17 and are now checking out the place.

The newer accounts are more suspect, though. Nevertheless, personally, ill try to engage them in a open manner, but i do agree that their intent is more on testing the waters here. It does not really feel geniune if you know what i mean.

*sigh* Whatever you think of people on the internet, there's a person on the other end of that post. Dehumanising them is a shitty thing to do, whoever's 'side' they're on. Maybe it's someone who got a bit brainwashed, maybe with a bit of time away from Resetera they could regain their composure. I agree that it's a shitty post but honestly, that kind of thing reflects badly on all of us, because just as we judge asshole posts there, you can be sure they judge asshole posts here, and every asshole post makes it a bit harder for a good person to come back.
This is why i am leaving GAF. Absolutely disgusting.

But yeah, some people have really strange views on things, and although it is enticing to wish ill on them, what we are on the web vs who we are IRL can be different. I mean, Blame Space is in absentia when he went to a hospital without insurance for liver abuse (i think).

Regarding that "my wife is a homophobe thread", I'm not sure which is the more egregious example of being oblivious; him taking 10 years to get his wife's position, or posting on Ree and expecting insightful responses.

I'm going with the latter :D
I honestly don't know what goes through peoples minds before asking strangers on the internet for relationship advice or in this case even worse, marriage advice.....that whole thread is a shitshow....

Barnabot

I honestly don't know what goes through peoples minds before asking strangers on the internet for relationship advice or in this case even worse, marriage advice.....that whole thread is a shitshow....
On Era is about asking permission or seeking validation from your own actions so they can doctrinate you for what they decided to be the right answer. This whole thing sounds like something else, right?
And Era seemed to decide that the spouse is not worthy to keep except for some few lucid answers there. But who in their right mind wants to throw their current wife under the bus?

Last edited:
We really need to get a reeeee awards thread or some sort of collection of the best of the last 12 months.....would be a shame to lose all the gold if something happened to that site.

Dthomp

We really need to get a reeeee awards thread or some sort of collection of the best of the last 12 months.....would be a shame to lose all the gold if something happened to that site.

Absolutely nothing of value would be lost if that site disappeared. Nothing at all...

Mochilador

Holy crap, the Dead or Alive thread is a gold mine for peak human stupidity.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/de...on-the-other-hand.81860/page-10#post-15147251

u0wVbqY.png

bXvaIKd.png

The future is lost now that these morons are slowly getting into positions of power.
Consenting Game Characters
Virtual Hate Crimes.
Men treat women based off video games.

It's all too much. It's all too stupid. But this is real life, not a dream. The morons wont disappear but continue to multiply.

7IpwnO9.jpg
If you can't tell the difference between fiction and reality then you are fucked.
I guess any game where you have to kill enemies should be banned since "video games and fiction altogether can shape people's worldviews". Let's take a step further and ban movies too.

Blam

Holy mother of fuck how the fuck am I supposed to be harassing a VIRTUAL CHARACTER MADE UP OF 0/1's. Like holy shit how the fuck does this even happen. How'd society become this fucking twisted and stupid to come up with this shit. This takes the fucking cake for stupid shit era has said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom