• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
Don't really think she looks like a man, more like a healthy woman instead of those thin skin models you see in modeling (And in games)

No surprise with Jacob there. Roadhazard made the mistake of quoting him, and considering Jacob is a member of The Names, this was an axe to grind. I can savely say that from my own experience with the man.

Transphobia for saying ''I think she looks like a man.'' I mean, i disagree, but come on. Its a virtual character ffs.

Real transpeople have bigger issues to worry about than a new character skin in a popular game. Come the fuck on.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Don't really think she looks like a man, more like a healthy woman instead of those thin skin models you see in modeling (And in games)

No surprise with Jacob there. Roadhazard made the mistake of quoting him, and considering Jacob is a member of The Names, this was an axe to grind. I can savely say that from my own experience with the man.

Transphobia for saying ''I think she looks like a man.'' I mean, i disagree, but come on. Its a virtual character ffs.

Real transpeople have bigger issues to worry about than a new character skin in a popular game. Come the fuck on.

I said she looks like a woman. As did many others in the thread (because she does), but they didn't get banned. It's so arbitrary. Or, as you say, it's who you disagree with I guess.

Redneckerz

Those long posts don't cover that red neck boy
I said she looks like a woman. As did many others in the thread (because she does), but they didn't get banned. It's so arbitrary. Or, as you say, it's who you disagree with I guess.
Yeah, but you arrived at the wrong conclusion so it does not matter how valid your position is.

That's how ERA works: If your conclusion is errornous, then you are actioned.

I don’t get it. Is that character supposed to be trans? Looks completely fem to me.
That's what thought aswell. LGBTQ friendly, but at worst she looks like a woman with a bit more curve, aka healthy looking.

Ribi

A woman is labeled LGBTQ+ because she has a build sorta like a guy. A poster says it looks like a guy... gets banned... isn't that the point of the shit thread?

D

Deleted member 713885

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have the before edited post?

I dont have it, but I read it.

Gay dude in Spain. Friends with a girl who just got a divorce. Her parents have a house in second house in Malaga. Dude and chick planned to party for NYE there.
He sent Merry Xmas emails out, thanked mom for allowing him to go to the house and host a NYE party.
Mom told daughter gay or not it wasnt cool for her to be recently divorced and be seen with a man at the house so he wasnt allowed to go.

He sent angry email to mom about how he one day he will have kids and be a better parent then she is. Etc..

Dude basically went crazy and sent angry emails cause his NYE plans got messed up cause chicks mom doesnt want her seen by the neighbors with some new rando dude at the beach house right after she left her husband.

fatty

Anyone have the before edited post?
Damn I wanna see it too
I dont have it, but I read it.

Gay dude in Spain. Friends with a girl who just got a divorce. Her parents have a house in second house in Malaga. Dude and chick planned to party for NYE there.
He sent Merry Xmas emails out, thanked mom for allowing him to go to the house and host a NYE party.
Mom told daughter gay or not it wasnt cool for her to be recently divorced and be seen with a man at the house so he wasnt allowed to go.

He sent angry email to mom about how he one day he will have kids and be a better parent then she is. Etc..

Dude basically went crazy and sent angry emails cause his NYE plans got messed up cause chicks mom doesnt want her seen by the neighbors with some new rando dude at the beach house right after she left her husband.

I think this is the original message:
Now this christmas, in order to celebrate Megan and I said to go to a neighbouring city (Malaga) and book a New Year's Eve party there. Megan's mom has a house over there, so Megan said "Don't worry, just crash at my place, and you can get back home the next day". So things are looking good for New Years! And we both need it since we both had a weird stupid year.

This Monday I was sending people Xmas messages so I decided to drop Megan's mom an email, wishing her well and thanking her for indirectly "letting me enjoy New Year's in Malaga haha". Then Megan calls me today saying "you can't stay over because my Mom doesn't want me to be seen with another guy right after my divorce, she says people will talk".

And I'm FUCKING FUMING. Megan's mom even knows that I'm gay. I haven't met her in person, but I have been a perfect gentleman with all our interactions. I have nothing but respect and support for Megan, and this is what I fucking get????

And the added touch:
PS2: Also I sent her another email to Megan's Mom, elaborating on how dissappointed I am in her and if and when I become a parent, I will do everything in my power to do anything but what she does.

I had a long day of work today, it was nice to relax and lay in bed and get a nice chuckle from this thread before retiring for the night.

Last edited:

pel1300

The "One year later: The Last Jedi" thread is hilarious in that it's one of the few threads with actual debate going on....not an echo chamber.

The only thing that turns ERA into something other than an echo chamber or lynch mob is The Last Jedi....that's how awful the movie is....even half of restera's members hate it!

https://www.resetera.com/threads/one-year-later-the-last-jedi-the-power-of-story.87325/page-29

Someone posts and mentions a few points:
-Bob Iger announced slowdown of Star Wars
-Not a word from Kathleen Kennedy in nearly a year
-Rian Johnson's trilogy seemingly not gonna happen

And this guy gets a couple hostile replies calling him a "conspiracy theorist" LOL. He just mentioned a couple facts + something that seems to be the case (Rian's trilogy....no news on it in 14 months).

RoadHazard

Gold Member
How do they know the characters trans?

Also probably not a good idea to link to the post or post in here RoadHazard RoadHazard . Era seems to watch this thread...

Eh. I enjoy Era, but the bannings are ridiculous at times. It was an unjust ban IMO, and I wanted to talk about it somewhere. If they decide to perm me for that or anything, so be it. In that case I'm done over there I guess.

Freeman76

Various reasons, depending on the person. Some just like ResetEra and don't see the forest for the trees. Some are masochistic and don't see the truth. Some think that to truly become our own, we need to let go of any hostility to that site. Some think that we can't become a good site if we have a thread like this.

At least those are the various reasons I have seen as to why people want this thread closed over the past few months.

Yep. Anything as insane as Resetera is worthy of having a thread to discuss though imo. Its widely known as being full of whiny cunts with no common sense or courtesy., not just on GAF.

Someone should shut that shithole down, just dont let them all back here.

JordanN

Banned
https://www.resetera.com/threads/fo...ts-party-is-really-white.89710/#post-16323342
yNgTXkN.png

I'm really curious to see what goes through the mind of White Feminists when they read the above sentence.

On both websites like Resetera and in real life, I only see White Men who are trashing white people as a race. But I never see White Women (especially Feminist) who try and degrade other White Women for being white.

Hell, remember it was Hillary Clinton who called black people "superpredators", but she still became the Democrat nominee. She also picked another white person as her VP. But it was Donald Trump that was painted as a racist Nazi trying to put everyone in chains.

Last edited:
ResetEra is honestly getting worse from what I saw. NeoGAF definitely has gotten rid of the worst ones it seems.

Everytime they mention Racism I think of this clip...only they seem to be genuinely serious!

I loved Balls of Steel growing up as it was politically incorrect but the people behind it were just comedians who wanted to push the envelope!

The Militant Black Man/guy is seriously funny and I honestly hope that some at Era are joking like this guy. (Probably get banned for promoting Racism or something)

Last edited:

prag16

Banned
Missed some stuff in here. That vape shop video is hilarious and tragic. Someone in real life behaving as resetera posters do on their forum.

As for the Smash "controversy", there's absolutely no possible issue with the Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong ones. However, maybe I'm missing something, but I did raise my eyebrow at the 'thief' villager just happening to randomly be black. Seemed odd. As I said maybe I'm missing something and somebody could enlighten me?

Last edited:

Shaqazooloo

Missed some stuff in here. That vape shop video is hilarious and tragic. Someone in real life behaving as resetera posters do on their forum.

As for the Smash "controversy", there's absolutely no possible issue with the Diddy Kong and Donkey Kong ones. However, maybe I'm missing something, but I did raise my eyebrow at the 'thief' villager just happening to randomly be black. Seemed odd. As I said maybe I'm missing something and somebody could enlighten me?
I think it's just because of the Dark colors on that one Villager. None of the others would match an almost entirely wrapped in black character.

Michele

you.
GRAAAAAAAAAAAAH! We need to complain about two things. The thread related to Smash Ultimate is still ongoing. Now before you tell me that it's already posted, take a look at those two posts:

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ra...ates-spirits-mode.89171/page-25#post-16367863

Nope but the best thing we can do is make sure this the first thing they see when they come back from vacation

https://www.resetera.com/threads/ra...ates-spirits-mode.89171/page-25#post-16367880

No, but I wish they would. It needs to be addressed ASAP. It's a PR nightmare that might affect sales

They fucking think that it's a PR nightmare? What an joke. The game is selling fast.

When? Who? What? Where?! And why is it a PR nightmare?!

How can they think like that, Smash Ultimate is the glorious game we've been waiting yet everyone talk trash about that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
No one outside of ERA noticed the Smash thing. Everyone on ERA already bought Smash. I don’t see how it will have any effect on sales.

Grinchy

Banned
No one outside of ERA noticed the Smash thing. Everyone on ERA already bought Smash. I don’t see how it will have any effect on sales.
Yeah, it takes a bit of a racist mind to make the racial connections they did there, so it's no surprise that only they are seeing it.

Wings 嫩翼翻せ

so it's not nice
Damn piece of shite, that 櫻井 ! All this doggone racism... * selects Donkey Kong * calling blacks theives n shite * equips Tak spirit * stupid motherf*****s.

And on non-ResetERA news, we have this article from VentureBeat by Jeff Grubb, overgeneralizing and mischaracterizing the consumers as a rabid mob. He makes quite a bit of misinformed takes:
  • He makes a leaping assumption that people were angry over Bethesda's canvas bag fiasco were only in it for the outrage.
  • He defends Jessica Price, claiming that her responses to Deroir weren't even "rude" and that she was a victim of "the mob". In reality, her behavior was widely denounced by both men and women when she attacked Deroir for being misogynist.
  • He claims that the Diablo fanbase fabricated false reasons for their outrage against Diablo Immortal. The most hilarious part? He criticizes the fanbase for accusing Diablo Immortal to be a reskin of a Chinese mobile game. He says it is not a reskin even though he wrote an article in November explaining how Diablo Immortal is indeed one.

fatty

This is what a Resetera Store looks like. :LOL::LOL::LOL:

Well, if I am going to be honest, and I am not one to get easily offended but I also have an issue with the Trump guy who took this video. It’s 2018, almost 2019, and we still have people posting video from their phone in portrait mode. You know we’re living in a society!

Grinchy

Banned
Well, if I am going to be honest, and I am not one to get easily offended but I also have an issue with the Trump guy who took this video. It’s 2018, almost 2019, and we still have people posting video from their phone in portrait mode. You know we’re living in a society!
Yeah, the "punch-a-nazi" people are savage weirdos, but I'm totally in the "punch-a-portrait" camp. His misuse of his camera was the first strike, so punching him is really just self-defense.

Shmunter

Haha, nice one

Papa

Banned

This is the only use of current_year that I will support.

I've been playing Cosmic Star Heroine, and I realised that one character would likely tick most of Era's boxes.

The character is called Lauren and from what I see, she has the following traits.

- Black Skinned
- Female
- Likely Gay/Bi (the game doesn't mention any romance but they seem to get on with the MC who is a White Female)

Since Era wish to push an agenda on the lack of Black Female characters, there is one I have mentioned in an otherwise niche game.

Will they play such a game knowing that there is a character that ticks their box? Of course not because it isn't a Triple A game and will likely be insulted for being Anime like (because everyone with that Avatar are Scum/Creepy or whatever).

Instead of insulting Smash Bros Ultimate for an unlikely like that Diddy/DK represents a Black Character, why not promote a game that has a Female Black Character in a game given that "she is a minority"?

Just my thoughts on how they could turn their agenda into something more savoury.

Ivellios

It has something related to the fact that black color was added later in the game, and to match the color of clothes as well. Several people explained it in detail in the thread

I've been playing Cosmic Star Heroine, and I realised that one character would likely tick most of Era's boxes.

The character is called Lauren and from what I see, she has the following traits.

- Black Skinned
- Female
- Likely Gay/Bi (the game doesn't mention any romance but they seem to get on with the MC who is a White Female)

Since Era wish to push an agenda on the lack of Black Female characters, there is one I have mentioned in an otherwise niche game.

Will they play such a game knowing that there is a character that ticks their box? Of course not because it isn't a Triple A game and will likely be insulted for being Anime like (because everyone with that Avatar are Scum/Creepy or whatever).

Instead of insulting Smash Bros Ultimate for an unlikely like that Diddy/DK represents a Black Character, why not promote a game that has a Female Black Character in a game given that "she is a minority"?

Just my thoughts on how they could turn their agenda into something more savoury.

From what i remember Cosmic Star Heroine was heavily praised and the developer used to participate in discussions as well.

From what i remember Cosmic Star Heroine was heavily praised and the developer used to participate in discussions as well.

Faur enough if they did acknowledge it but I never saw much on their end about the game. They seem to hate the Vita assuming that it panders to Anime and perverts. (It has a lot of fanservice like games but there are a lot of genuinely good games too).

Generalision is never a good thing but it seems normal there. :/

prag16

Banned
It has something related to the fact that black color was added later in the game, and to match the color of clothes as well. Several people explained it in detail in the thread

Fair enough then. But at least with that one I could kind of understand why it gave some people pause.

That said, Era casting this as some kind of PR disaster that will cost them sales is absolutely hilarious.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
And on non-ResetERA news, we have this article from VentureBeat by Jeff Grubb, overgeneralizing and mischaracterizing the consumers as a rabid mob. He makes quite a bit of misinformed takes:
  • He makes a leaping assumption that people were angry over Bethesda's canvas bag fiasco were only in it for the outrage.
  • He defends Jessica Price, claiming that her responses to Deroir weren't even "rude" and that she was a victim of "the mob". In reality, her behavior was widely denounced by both men and women when she attacked Deroir for being misogynist.
  • He claims that the Diablo fanbase fabricated false reasons for their outrage against Diablo Immortal. The most hilarious part? He criticizes the fanbase for accusing Diablo Immortal to be a reskin of a Chinese mobile game. He says it is not a reskin even though he wrote an article in November explaining how Diablo Immortal is indeed one.

He's always been a corporate stan.

Portrait Mode should be outlawed.

Shmunter

So the employee got fired....they posted a twitter post and then more Reeeeeeeees attacked the page and company forcing it to shut down all their social media
https://www.oneangrygamer.net/2018/...ng-out-at-customer-wearing-trump-shirt/74275/

Edit
Should also warn that the site has a hardon for trump so you have been warned

That website is indeed way out there, almost a parody.

But back to the fired idiot. This is what happens when safe spaces prevent you from learning how to handle yourself in the real world. An infant throwing a tantrum, ill equipped for adulthood.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
That website is indeed way out there, almost a parody.

But back to the fired idiot. This is what happens when safe spaces prevent you from learning how to handle yourself in the real world. An infant throwing a tantrum, ill equipped for adulthood.
LOL. Funny thing is that screaming manchild worked at a vape shop. If anything, you'd think he'd be chill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom