• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnabot

Sure but when a good apple gets filled with worms, it becomes rotten and thrown away. I don’t mind more members, I just don’t want this place to get toxic again. I already left GAF once, don’t wanna do it again.
So be prepared to have to deal with some users from there trying to reshape GAF as ERA 2.0 (a.ka. oldGAF 2.0) just because they got banned there for a minor infraction while they loved being there ;).

Sure but when a good apple gets filled with worms, it becomes rotten and thrown away. I don’t mind more members, I just don’t want this place to get toxic again. I already left GAF once, don’t wanna do it again.
I guess what other evidence do you need that the "core" of the apple is good when GAF goes through what it did these past two years yet still someone remained intact?

Don’t think it will...politics being a seperate area and the mods being transparent are the 2 best things to combat the shit that’s going on at reee...do u remember what happened when they tried to do those over there??

Saruhashi

Banned
What Daenerys meant to me

A new contender for cringe awards. Is there anyone on Reee that has not been abused or is mentally damaged? I have full on sympathy for those who are abused but the thread is fucking creepy and I can see tears flowing and people pound on their keyboard about how people do not understand their khaleesi. I forsee the thread becoming a graveyard in due time to be honest. So much denial going on and so many people who were apparently living vicariously through these characters.
GRRM better watch out because there is some Misery level shit happening.

That's a great one, thanks.

My fav so far is post #36.
"Just gonna take this opportunity to say that Era has never been as progressive as it pats itself on the back for, but the reaction of men towards women criticising the sexism of this show (and specifically this season/episode) is fucking disgusting and embarrassing even by this place's standards."

Um... OK. The season isn't just bad, it's fucking SEXIST! Hahahaha!

Same person in post #7 is whining about "misgendering" and "avatar shaming". WTF? Don't avatar shame, you guys! :)

They have such a victim complex that the one time someone posts outside the groupthink they assume it's a mask slipping on a sleeper agent.
Inner turmoil + lack of confidence + religious zeal + psychological projection =

giphy.gif

Or for those who lack the ability to self-reflect, the reaction is more like:

18988230.jpg

Fox Mulder

Without giving them away I know for a fact there are some kiwifarms members who have infiltrated some of these offshoot discord’s and have been screen capping stuff for some time now...there are some hitsquads that activity report people on mass and what’s even funnier is there is groups of even more hardcore reporters that hate the other group so they not only report the regular folk but have been at war with this other offshoot and are pretty much falling over themselves to report users

What a bunch of 30+ year old retards.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker

You added a tag without my consent :messenger_face_screaming:

Letting users all have the ability to modify their own tags leaves you with self felating titles like Nicole's "Gif Queen" moniker.

You added a tag without my consent :messenger_face_screaming:

Letting users all have the ability to modify their own tags leaves you with self felating titles like Nicole's "Gif Queen" moniker.

Still interesting to me that this was a revelation almost 2 years too late.

They copied GAF... yeah duh. Almost word for word. I seem to remember someone saying their OT's were copy and paste from here

Ol'Scratch

It is amazing and yet disturbing to me how much Reee has changed my views. I consider myself very open but I swear to hell that message board has totally made me totally step way back and see how much bullshit and how many people twist attempts at goodwill and understanding toward their own mental fucktard psychodramas.

#Phonepunk#

Banned

:messenger_beaming::messenger_ok:
Got to admit I did enjoy lurking to see people dunking on the OP for delighting I’m others’ misery

The toxicity of individual members will never matter if it doesn't spread to the moderation. If they see the staff isn't on their side, they'll either accept it and deal or leave and try to find another bubble. This place will be fine as long as Lore doesn't sell us out for that crowd, which I can't imagine he would.

We're already starting to see this.

How many actual hyper progressive Era members have returned here? I would imagine a lot want nothing to do with this place even if they do get permed on Era.

Yeah I don’t see the ones that gave GAF the bad reputation coming back here.

First I don’t think they are willing to go back to a site unbiased moderation.

Second I don’t think they would come back simply because admitting they were wrong isn’t in their dna.

Last they desire and crave to be victims and the site just isn’t going to give them that status. Not to mention the site won’t allow them to insult others without users counter punching.

But there are plenty of Old GAF that left and aren’t part of that group.

Last edited:
Yeah I don’t see the ones that gave GAF the bad reputation coming back here.

First I don’t think they are willing to go back to a site unbiased moderation.

Second I don’t think they would come back simply because admitting they were wrong isn’t in their dna.

Last they desire and crave to be victims and the site just isn’t going to give them that status. Not to mention the site won’t allow them to insult others without users counter punching.

But there are plenty of Old GAF that left and aren’t part of that group.

I remember a certain one of these groups in off topic community section that Evilore had to go in and set things straight and that would rile them up.

I can’t say for sure, but I think at one point they had a certain mod/site admin on speed dial sniping members for them. Plus, it was amazing how fast they could organize a dog pile. It was probably because they had a discord.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
I remember a certain one of these groups in off topic community section that Evilore had to go in and set things straight and that would rile them up.

I can’t say for sure, but I think at one point they had a certain mod/site admin on speed dial sniping members for them. Plus, it was amazing how fast they could organize a dog pile. It was probably because they had a discord.

Rock Band, NBA, Pop, Black Culture all had problems integrating with the site as a whole. BCT was the worst with organizing dogpiles, taking over threads and drowning out other discussions by replying to each other, and Bish would apparently take action on their behalf. At one point I was intervening in the nonsense and Bish jumped in and asked me if he could handle it instead, because otherwise it would evoke slavery for a white guy in a position of authority to be taking punitive action against black guys.

Yes.

Rock Band, NBA, Pop, Black Culture all had problems integrating with the site as a whole. BCT was the worst with organizing dogpiles, taking over threads and drowning out other discussions by replying to each other, and Bish would apparently take action on their behalf. At one point I was intervening in the nonsense and Bish jumped in and asked me if he could handle it instead, because otherwise it would evoke slavery for a white guy in a position of authority to be taking punitive action against black guys.

Yes.

He uniroincally said this about a community on a video game forum? That should have been a massive red flag right there.

Like, I'm just baffled by that mindset. Are black people not meant to be held to the same standards as everyone else if the only authority figure available is a white guy? And then you apply that kind of thinking to something as insignificant as the social dynamics of a message board? You're not being oppressed by getting banned or chastised in a relatively small internet community.

And this coming from Bish is just bizarre knowing how chill he was at one point. I knew the political climate did a number on him, but that's not far removed from black nationalism and not out of character for the few interactions I've had with hoteps.

Ol'Scratch

Like, I'm just baffled by that mindset. Are black people not meant to be held to the same standards as everyone else if the only authority figure available is a white guy? And then you apply that kind of thinking to something as insignificant as the social dynamics of a message board? You're not being oppressed by getting banned or chastised in a relatively small internet community.

And this coming from Bish is just bizarre knowing how chill he was at one point. I knew the political climate did a number on him, but that's not far removed from black nationalism and not out of character for the few interactions I've had with hoteps.

I think it is just a thing in this current climate where you see things like you see on REE where it is like people are straight up terrified of giving some person of minority a reason for offense that it has created a pile on mentality where there is no from here-----------------------------------------------------------------to here and instead you agree or else you are racist. Period. So you just stay out because conversation or discourse is not what is wanted . It is not unlike the Danerys or however you spell the name thread that was posted earlier. Anyone who attempted to say "she did some fucked up shit" or " They foreshadowed this" was immediately a misogynistic nazi anti everything son of a bitch who can never understand what an abused person goes through and why they are entitled to bloody genocide and vengeance. Conversation or discourse is not wanted, pats on the head and affirmation like some kind of special needs spanial

nush

REE where it is like people are straight up terrified of giving some person of minority a reason for offense that it has created a pile on mentality where there is no from here-----------------------------------------------------------------to here and instead you agree or else you are racist. Period. So you just stay out because conversation or discourse is not what is wanted .

I'd specifically avoid topics on politics, gender, race becuse most of them just created as ban bait/confirmation bias of "oppression" (By the same few Ree posters that get quoted here all the time). First couple of pages are always predictably a sea of bans.

Yes, what it may be a 'massive red flag' nowadays wasn't that obvious to spot a few years ago.

It's very easy to judge things differently when we look back to the past with what we know today.
Difference is these days is one group does not allow mistakes and will literally go through history to paint someone as a piece of shit...the other group recognises people fuck up and make mistakes and simply discuss and move on.

Don’t mean to generalise but the younger generation was bought up with loving and nurturing and not being smacked for their mistakes as a child and they turn out to be the complete opposite when they hit adulthood

I honestly think parents should of smacked their kids more in the last 15-20 years

Papa

Banned
Difference is these days is one group does not allow mistakes and will literally go through history to paint someone as a piece of shit...the other group recognises people fuck up and make mistakes and simply discuss and move on.

Don’t mean to generalise but the younger generation was bought up with loving and nurturing and not being smacked for their mistakes as a child and they turn out to be the complete opposite when they hit adulthood

I honestly think parents should of smacked their kids more in the last 15-20 years

I genuinely believe that the helicopter parenting and participation trophy culture of the last 20 years have created a narcissism crisis.

Ol'Scratch

I genuinely believe that the helicopter parenting and participation trophy culture of the last 20 years have created a narcissism crisis.
Solid view in my opinion, add to that the total lack of ownership or any kind of self accountability in today's society where literally everything is blamed on something else or someone else either now or in the past or in the future or the catch all of mental illness.

Papa

Banned
1960s: Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country.

2010s: Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what your country can do for you.

2019: Mandate what everyone must do for you.

Did I read all those twitter messages right?
There is another fucking forum in the works?
A ResetResetEra?
It is very common for individuals cast out during a Narrativist group Compaction Cycle to look for a new group. Their lives are entirely driven and given meaning by their Internal Narrative and so they will always need a Narrativist group to be a member of.

Last edited:

Doczu

Did I read all those twitter messages right?
There is another fucking forum in the works?
A ResetResetEra?
Sounds like "it wasn't a real ResetEra, real ResetEra wasn't tried. It was hijacked by authoritarian anti ResetEras"

Edit:
Tinfoilhat.jpg - ResetEra was created by Evilore to split the communities and to control both of them on two different sites.

Last edited:

Papa

Banned
Sounds like "it wasn't a real ResetEra, real ResetEra wasn't tried. It was hijacked by authoritarian anti ResetEras"

Edit:
Tinfoilhat.jpg - ResetEra was created by Evilore to split the communities and to control both of them on two different sites.

EL playing 4D chess in that case

JordanN

Banned
He uniroincally said this about a community on a video game forum? That should have been a massive red flag right there.
This is the same guy that "brags" about mass banning people. You can now see that Resetera adopted his tactics (i.e mods who lock threads and proceed to nitpick away at any dissenting viewpoints).

w9YDIx9.png

CyberPanda

Banned
This is the same guy that "brags" about mass banning people. You can now see that Resetera adopted his tactics (i.e mods who lock threads and proceed to nitpick away at any dissenting viewpoints).

w9YDIx9.png
I never liked bishop and never will.

brap

Banned

w9YDIx9.png
Tim takes himself so seriously lmao. Glad he released his comic book though. It's got some not too hot reviews!
9r56YcA.png

Papa

Banned

w9YDIx9.png

What a fucking loser :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom