• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
The don't patronize me line is

NYR6jGD.gif

dionysus

Yaldog
Real thread, or did one of you guys do it to troll them....

Replies are absurd as expected either way.

:messenger_fearful:

Pretty much everything he is projecting on his family is on display in his post. Especially the cult talk. Cults intentionally try to undermine your outside positive relationships because their ideology cannot withstand scrutiny. He even admits his parents are loving and supportive and always been there for him.

Good parents literally cleaned the shit off of you for 2.5 years. Financially supported you for 18+ years. Rushed you to the hospital when you were sick. Provided you the freedom and education to reject their beliefs because they want you to be an independent adult....And then you reject their dedication to you for almost 20 years because orange man bad. To be those parents must be heartbreaking.

One of the three most fundamental relationships you will ever have in your life (parents, kids, and spouse); and people can reject it for the most selfish and trivial reasons.

It is not institution patriarchy or racism that keeps people like this down, it is absolutely dumb fuck decisions like this that are responsible for these soy boys lot in life.

Fuck I need a break from clown world.

I have 4 young kids, and know first hand how much effort and love most parents put into their kids.

Last edited:

pel1300

Pretty much everything he is projecting on his family is on display in his post. Especially the cult talk. Cults intentionally try to undermine your outside positive relationships because their ideology cannot withstand scrutiny. He even admits his parents are loving and supportive and always been there for him.

Good parents literally cleaned the shit off of you for 2.5 years. Financially supported you for 18+ years. Rushed you to the hospital when you were sick. Provided you the freedom and education to reject their beliefs because they want you to be an independent adult....And then you reject their dedication to you for almost 20 years because orange man bad. To be those parents must be heartbreaking.

One of the three most fundamental relationships you will ever have in your life (parents, kids, and spouse); and people can reject it for the most selfish and trivial reasons.

It is not institution patriarchy or racism that keeps people like this down, it is absolutely dumb fuck decisions like this that are responsible for these soy boys lot in life.

I have 4 young kids, and know first hand how much effort and love most parents put into their kids.
Those replies are disgusting. "Take as much money as you can from them then sever" - Holyshit endorsing stealing money from the people who love him and raised him and support to this day and then running off?

Then replies like "We are your family now" - LMAO...yeah unless a Democrat manages to win a general election in the future and this SJW culture, which reached ridiculous levels because the media and Hollywood still can't get over Trump being president....dies out...then he has no family anymore.

Random internet user telling other random internet user to bail out on his family - who support Trump for reasons they don't know - and he says that his family is pretty much perfect in every way except he doesn't like that they support Trump.

He must not be the son of immigrants from formerly conservative countries. Ironically - if this poster is white - then he is actually advocating this "white privilege" that the far left hate so much, if he is being financially supported by his family and thinking about cutting ties with them after he is financially secure.

My dad is extremely religious and homophobic. He is a conservative from 1960s rural South Korea when it was a 3rd world country. It's just something I don't talk about with him. He voted Trump because he didn't like how Obama supported LGBT rights. I was upset at him for a few months (back when I was in the 2016/2017 neogaf echochamber) but today I don't give a rat's ass.

Also, these SJWs need to travel the world. Travel and experience different cultures to give them perspective and they will realize that people with differing political views aren't the demons they think they are.

Last edited:

nush

Also, these SJWs need to travel the world. Travel and experience different cultures to give them perspective and they will realize that people with differing political views aren't the demons they think they are.
It's been tried many times from people actually living in the countries on thier shit list giving insight on what it's actually like there not what click bait outrage headlines say it is, only for them to receive wrongthink bans.

Boss Mog

Wishing the death of another member's family is only worth a 3 day ban apparently:

Also... Serial rapist? Trump is probably a lot less of a serial rapist than Bill Clinton. You know who is actually a real serial rapist, perhaps the worst in US history even, it's Bill Cosby who drugged and raped over 50 women. Funny how the asylum or anybody on the left never bring him up, even the #metoo movement completely ignored him to focus on Weinstein's casting couch antics which while disgusting are nowhere near as disgusting as what Bill Cosby did.

Last edited:

Boss Mog

This one has to be a troll. What gives it away for sure is the Michael Richards avatar. A guy willing to disown his family for wrongthink certainly wouldn't have an avatar of a "racist" like him.

If it is real though what a pathetic piece of shit this guy is. His family members are all nice to him and accept him despite his different views, they financially support him even. But he wants to cut all ties because they voted for orange man.

Typhares

This one has to be a troll. What gives it away for sure is the Michael Richards avatar. A guy willing to disown his family for wrongthink certainly wouldn't have an avatar of a "racist" like him.

If it is real though what a pathetic piece of shit this guy is. His family members are all nice to him and accept him despite his different views, they financially support him even. But he wants to cut all ties because they voted for orange man.

Cut that scum off
Lots of missing spines in this thread

Fact: supporting trump means you're a nazi

I'm suspecting OP is a troll thread, but at least plenty of people are showing their true colors in here.

nush

I wonder how many people voting yes for reparations realise that this would mean giving money to China or any number of other countries they hate?

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned

I wonder how many people voting yes for reparations realise that this would mean giving money to China or any number of other countries they hate?
All those "no" voters are going to see themselves in a gulag soon.

eYjc1RS.png

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Pure cult behavior.

The “cut yourself off from family” things has always seemed stupid and self serving to me. If you are in this place of privilege then isnt it your job to convert the people closest to you? No? Then why do you think your whole family is racist, and you were raised by these people, yet that racism somehow skipped you?

IMO more projection from people too insecure to self reflect. Also the idea that cutting yourself off from your family won’t entirely validate any “crazy leftist” narrative your family may have entertained. Now whenever grandma reads about AOC she will think of the spoiled brat grandchild who takes her money yet refuses to talk to her. You think this is going to make people sympathetic to your cause? Lol

Last edited:

JordanN

Banned

J2Xs5uU.png

As statistics continues to prove, there is at least 0.01% of Reset's population that isn't insane.

But what's funny, if someone did try to create a thread for Europeans claiming reparations from the Arab Slave Trade, you can bet the mods would lock it immediately

Last edited:

I made that post, not to troll era, but to see what kind of mentally ill cult-like responses I would get. I set it up in a way where "OP" had a great supportive family with a sibling that loved him and parents that included and financially supported him. I also tossed in the extended family as well. "OP" didn't even have that one obnoxious uncle that makes fun of the liberal. His entire family was loving and supportive. The only "issue" is that they are Trump supporters.

My point was to see how absolutely deranged people on those forums are. As we saw, multiple posters recommend "OP" completely cut off ties from his loving and supportive family solely because they had different political views. Clown world indeed.

This pretty much nails it.

Edit:

Archives of each page of the dumpster fire:

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
I made that post, not to troll era, but to see what kind of mentally ill cult-like responses I would get. I set it up in a way where "OP" had a great supportive family with a sibling that loved him and parents that included and financially supported him. I also tossed in the extended family as well. "OP" didn't even have that one obnoxious uncle that makes fun of the liberal. His entire family was loving and supportive. The only "issue" is that they are Trump supporters.

My point was to see how absolutely deranged people on those forums are. As we saw, multiple posters recommend "OP" completely cut off ties from his loving and supportive family solely because they had different political views. Clown world indeed.

That was you?
Cap doffed. Very nicely done.
Now we can time how long it takes before you get the ban. Or will they keep it up so they can pretend they aren't looking in?

Yes, they made utter fools of themselves but that is to be expected.
What I think is so worrying with a forum like that is vulnerable posters can be easily influenced by this stuff.

It's not cool to be encouraging other people to do things that could actually fuck up their life or make them do something idiotic that will cost them dearly.
Yet, you can see it over there all the time.

The same criticisms you could level at communities like incels or PUA dudes (poorly informed people encouraging potentially toxic behavior) can easily be leveled there.

I would seriously, seriously, hope that a similar poster here would be told "don't be fucking dumb, your family loves you".
To give some of the people over there credit, some of them did more or less say this.

If your ideology comes pre-packaged with various buzzwords and tactics designed to get you away from your normal friends and family then it probably aint good.

60+ million people in the USA voted for Trump. I would guess an overwhelming majority of them are good, well-meaning, people. You can't just throw that many people under the bus and say "if you happen to know one of them then they are a total piece of shit".

ResetEra doesn't seem to understand AT ALL that if you want to have allies and you want to get people on your side then berating them and abusing them until they submit is one of the absolute worst tactics.

If any of you folks are looking in then you need to look in the mirror once in a while.

tkscz

This pretty much nails it.

Edit:

Archives of each page of the dumpster fire:

This deserves it's own thread

Boss Mog

Wow, so there's actually people that work for Xbox that can post stuff like this and still be employed? Says a lot about MS. Glad I made the switch from 360 to PS4 this gen.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Wow, so there's actually people that work for Xbox that can post stuff like this and still be employed? Says a lot about MS. Glad I made the switch from 360 to PS4 this gen.

7qM2miy.png

Boss Mog

how the hell is that tolerated by microsoft, there's no way they want employees saying this stuff
They did have the pride Xbox logo so you know they're pretty woke, but I'm surprised they would tolerate this.

I mean it isn't even talking about Trump supporters but all Republicans and there's plenty who don't even like Trump.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more

What does a title of “Xbox” mean? Do they work on games? Run the coffee stand? Or are they just making up verified people?

Boss Mog

What does a title of “Xbox” mean? Do they work on games? Run the coffee stand? Or are they just making up verified people?
Yeah, could be the guy that takes everybody's lunch order and goes to pick it up. Who knows, but if I was MS I would find out who they were and terminate them immediately.

JordanN

Banned
Last edited:

dionysus

Yaldog
I don't support trolling era. I have wondered what percentage of crazy posts are trolling.

I get that it is entertaining to expose the craziness of some of the users in the echo chamber there, but trolling them is only radicalizing them more. It makes the fringe people appear like they have more allies than they really do.

I guess I played myself by emotionally reacting to a troll post. Unfortunately, I have seen similar posts here on GAF pre-exodus and on Era that probably weren't trolls.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Yeah, could be the guy that takes everybody's lunch order and goes to pick it up. Who knows, but if I was MS I would find out who they were and terminate them immediately.
Would you be okay with a private company firing someone for labeling democrats with an insulting term on social media?

Last edited:

Boss Mog

Would you be okay with a private company firing someone for labeling democrats with an insulting term on social media?
If I was the head of a company and one of my employees said "Democrats are outright full trash people." in a public space whilst making it known they work for my compnay, then yeah I would fire them straight up. There's plenty of decent people on both sides of the political spectrum and plenty of real stinkers as well. Bottom line is I wouldn't alienate 50% of my customer base; it's just bad business.

But if one of my employees stated he voted for and supported Trump in a public space I wouldn't fire them for that. Or if they said I'm pro-choice or I'm pro-life. There's a huge difference between stating your opinion on an issue, which you should be able to do without fear of losing your job, and outright insulting a whole group of people (potential customers) you hate.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member

In this case I would be fine either way (republican or Democrat). They’re verified there with Xbox listed on their account. So they’re essentially posting as a company rep and it’s reasonable to expect such accounts to avoid any controversial posting that could offend portions of your customer base.

If it was just an a anonymous forum account that was later found or to be an employee, or even their own personal social media account with their real name I’d be much less supportive as those aren’t posts being made under the company/brand.

That said, there’s still lines that shouldn’t be crossed even in personal accounts without expecting to be fired as no company is going to want high profile cases of employees spewing controversial stuff that could hurt the company’s bottom line if it leads to boycotts etc. Free speech means the government can’t shut you up, not that there won’t be consequences in your private life and career. People need to learn to stop posting controversial stuff online. Nothing is truly anonymous.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

He's posting on a gaming forum using a company tag. While I wouldn't personally report him to his company making comments like that is really stupid.

Ol'Scratch

I have thought about this while making the Eisenhorn thread. There is a pretty sizable following for Warhammer 40k on Reee and hey fantastic I love 40k.
Except it is so much hypocrisy on that side.
Let's put it on the table, The Imperium is one of the most xenophobic misogynistic and straight up anti everything REE says that they stand for in every way.
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!"
"Hatred is the emperor's greatest gift to humanity " "Peace is not in my vocabulary "
"While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, there can be no peace "

It reminds me of the whole Deadwood thing. A show that throws the term "Cocksucker" around every 3.2 minutes, has whores being mistreated constantly and yes black slaves is given a free pass.

Helios

I have thought about this while making the Eisenhorn thread. There is a pretty sizable following for Warhammer 40k on Reee and hey fantastic I love 40k.
Except it is so much hypocrisy on that side.
Let's put it on the table, The Imperium is one of the most xenophobic misogynistic and straight up anti everything REE says that they stand for in every way.
"Some may question your right to destroy ten billion people. Those who understand realise that you have no right to let them live!"
"Hatred is the emperor's greatest gift to humanity " "Peace is not in my vocabulary "
"While the enemies of the Emperor still draw breath, there can be no peace "

It reminds me of the whole Deadwood thing. A show that throws the term "Cocksucker" around every 3.2 minutes, has whores being mistreated constantly and yes black slaves is given a free pass.
Here's a thread that was linked a while ago if you want to have a bit of a laugh.
I especially love this guy for taking some dumb shitpost from 4chan seriously.
hZ0DKUk.png

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
how the hell is that tolerated by microsoft, there's no way they want employees saying this stuff

Have you not seen Stinkles meltdowns? Halo’s Frank O’Conner’s reeing.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Makes it easier to add to the infraction list as well as excelsorifs discord hitsquads big excel file of users to report or bait for banning

Showing who voted for what is up to the OP. It’s an option when making a poll here too as it’s just a standard feature in the forum software. Not saying that isn’t the reason that OP chose to make it visible for that poll of course.

nush

Showing who voted for what is up to the OP. It’s an option when making a poll here too as it’s just a standard feature in the forum software. Not saying that isn’t the reason that OP chose to make it visible for that poll of course.
There was a poll topic there "Is barely lega porn fine?" Yes/no then the yeses got dogpiled and accused of being potential pedos. They know what they are doing with public votes.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
There was a poll topic there "Is barely lega porn fine?" Yes/no then the yeses got dogpiled and accused of being potential pedos. They know what they are doing with public votes.

Oh I 100% agree. Was just pointing out it’s the OP being a douche in those cases rather than a default/mandatory option. And making sure people knew it could happen here. Not that dog piling here is an issue, but to be mindful of checking whether votes are public in a given thread before voting if one cares.

Internet forum software DEFAULTS to showing who voted in polls. All GAF polls default to it too.

And it's not like it's a secret, Internet forum software also says if the poll's results are visible to all users or not.

If you can't even bother to read the line of text before you vote, I have no sympathy for you. Especially in a place like Ree.

Saruhashi

Banned
The president of the United States of bloody America just stands there with a smug face while his crowd chants "send her back" about a legal citizen whose only crime is to be a politician with a different stance, and you're sitting here whining about era?

Hahaha. Yes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom