• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Off-site Community Discussion (Reset, etc.) -- READ OP. Stay civil. Don't make it personal. Keep it in here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Recycled

That reminds me. I’ve been thinking of making a thread about the trauma I’m still suffering from, having witnessed Princess Peach sexually assault poor little Mario for 30 years.

Anyone else suffering like me?

Mista

Banned
like lulubululu or what not?
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Mochilador

Incredibly entertaining thread here:

I can't imagine being such a baby that you try to cut your family out of your life just because you don't have the same political beliefs
Amazing thread.

Ol'Scratch

I am fucking tired of how casually that shit hole calls everyone a nazi. Real Nazis hurt people, killed people, committed atrocities. People who use words that hurt your feelings are not nazis they are people with other views or at worst they are assholes. Saying it over and over again does not make it true.

nush

I am fucking tired of how casually that shit hole calls everyone a nazi. Real Nazis hurt people, killed people, committed atrocities. People who use words that hurt your feelings are not nazis they are people with other views or at worst they are assholes. Saying it over and over again does not make it true.

55TNOb1.jpg

Cuck does know what forum he's posting on right?

pel1300

Era are distinction deniers

Everything is alt rt nazi!

A Holy shit at their marrianne Williamson posts calling her antigay for volunteering for aids patients in the 80s and telling them to pray.... Meanwhile the govt was ignoring the epidemic she was actually trying to help

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Incredibly entertaining thread here:

I can't imagine being such a baby that you try to cut your family out of your life just because you don't have the same political beliefs

To be fair to them, there are some calmer heads in the thread telling the OP to basically calm down and dial it back.

Then you have the complete loons who will encourage you to destroy your personal relationships outside of the internet.

If people on any forum or website seem to be encouraging you to burn down your personal life based on ideology alone then it's worth questioning the value of that community.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
its the stupidest thing ever, cos cutting yourself off your family is only going to make them hate liberals even more. you will have literally proven their worst fears are correct.

basically It’s a 100% selfish move that only guarantees further division. all to entertain a fantasy that you can distance yourself from white privilege, which you don’t even believe. people want to grow up, be raised by these people, inherent values from them, and pretend like flicking a switch one day is going to overwrite all that. deluded virtue signaling. these people are only lying to themselves

Last edited:
Threads like that keep popping up......not really a one off but some people who have never actually experienced conflict or an actual logic behind the way they vote

Bottom line is most people are selfish when it comes to voting and will vote whoever will stroke their lifestyle

If one party wants to give me blowjobs and 500 cash and the other wants to fund putting roofs over homeless people’s heads I’m pretty sure I’d have a good view of some homeless people in the rain over my hookers head wiping the rain away with my fist full of cash

Most people are selfish voters and it does not have any preference to what side you are on....some people simply can’t process this and create threads about it

Whitecrow

Banned
Era already participated in a suicide.
Now it wants to break a family.
Cult? Sect?

I sincerely think Era is slowly becoming some kind of psychological violence organization that, sooner or later, the autorities will have to shut down.

And if that ever happens, it will be a proof of how... "mentally ill" those obsessed with 4th wave feminism really are.

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I sincerely think Era is slowly becoming some kind of psychological violence organization that, sooner or later, the autorities will have to shut down.
Becoming some kind of psychological violence organization?

Sweetie, oh sweet summer child, let's unpack this:

ERA is already a cult. ERA has psychologically damaged its members since the beginning of their website. The whole impetus of the site was a dramatic ripping away of a community from GAF under the auspices of righteous indignation, forcing members to make an us vs them decision after years of ideological guilt-conditioning by some of the mods and some of the "favored members" here on GAF.

Whitecrow

Banned

ERA is already a cult. ERA has psychologically damaged its members since the beginning of their website. The whole impetus of the site was a dramatic ripping away of a community from GAF under the auspices of righteous indignation, forcing members to make an us vs them decision after years of ideological guilt-conditioning by some of the mods and some of the "favored members" here on GAF.

I mean... They are now making real impact on real life.
They may still be the same since its inception, but is now when we start to see consequences...

*Nightwing

I don't know why this still shocks me, even though I have been watching the trainwreck Era is, I still expect individuals to have some sense of independent intelligence to avoid falling into cultism. But they have full blown checked off all the boxes on the list (never heard of this site, it was the first result in google search for "cult tactics"):
https://www.decision-making-confidence.com/cult-tactics.html said:
Loaded language
The jargon in cults has multiple effects.

1. The group members feel understood because they all use the same words and it generates a sense of camaraderie (and elitism - see below).
  2. New people may feel left out and often want to learn what the words and phrases mean, drawing them deeper into the mindset of the cult.
  3. Complex situations are often reduced to a few words, and this begins to shut down the critical thinking of the members.
  4. The words and phrases can dictate how the members should act in certain situations without having to make decisions. For example, one group had a phrase that meant that seniors in the hierarchy of the group were always right. So if there were any problems or disagreements, the phrase sorted everything out!
  5. When the jargon is second nature, talking to outsiders may become tedious and awkward and this keeps group members isolated from outside influences.

Elitist mentality
As part of cult tactics, members are made to feel special. They are part of an elite group that is going to, for example, change history, save the world, change humankind in some way or be saved by god. They have a strong sense of mission or purpose which binds them together and keeps them working hard and giving of themselves - in other words, slaving and sacrificing!

This sense of elitism makes them feel more important or superior to those outside the group, especially to people in other cults, which they can easily spot!

This gives rise to one of the many contradictions in cults. While members are obedient and humble before the leadership, they can be arrogant to outsiders.

This elitism also brings responsibility, because they feel more responsible for saving the world. And of course, this sense of responsibility can be used by the leaders to manipulate them even further, inducing guilt if they don't properly perform their duties, earn enough money, recruit enough people, and so on.

The end justifies the means
Because they are doing very important things like god's work, or saving the earth, rescuing mankind, or simply doing 'The Work, members are led to believe that lying, cheating, and deceiving outsiders for money or getting them to come along to the group is justified.

And remember that many group leaders are psychopaths. This means they have no empathy, guilt or remorse. Ever!

Add to this their inflated sense of self worth, grandiosity and sense of entitlement, and they believe they can do whatever they like, take what they want, abuse whoever they please etc. etc. without any consideration for others. For them the end always justifies the means.

And then consider that the leader is creating clones of himself...!!!

I thought it was common knowledge to never go full scientology?

QT4ojZS.jpg

pel1300

lol so ERA thinks ppl not wanting to answer who they voted for = voted for a shit bag

Some reasonable ppl posting there: that things like religion and politics should be kept private at work but then you get the crazies insisting "NO UNLESS THEY VOTED TRUMP THEY HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE!"

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
its the stupidest thing ever, cos cutting yourself off your family is only going to make them hate liberals even more. you will have literally proven their worst fears are correct.

basically It’s a 100% selfish move that only guarantees further division. all to entertain a fantasy that you can distance yourself from white privilege, which you don’t even believe. people want to grow up, be raised by these people, inherent values from them, and pretend like flicking a switch one day is going to overwrite all that. deluded virtue signaling. these people are only lying to themselves

Agreed.

The obvious thing is that in this narrative the "bad guys" aren't the one expelling family members for having the wrong politics. I mean its a mirror scenario to religiously conservative parents disowning their kids for coming out as gay.

They are so blinded by their self-righteousness that they can't see that they are the thing that they hate... well maybe it comes out subconciously with all the self-flagellating "white people are trash (I'm white) " stuff.

Its very sad.

Last edited:

#Phonepunk#

Banned
The obvious thing is that in this narrative the "bad guys" aren't the one expelling family members for having the wrong politics. I mean its a mirror scenario to religiously conservative parents disowning their kids for coming out as gay.
wow hah i never even considered this. if you are out as gay and in a family like this, then they haven't kicked you out, they haven't disowned you, you are still around for family gatherings and discussions. obviously if your parents are so toxic that they have disowned you, you won't need to go through these motions of cutting them off, because they have done that already. that isn't the case here, this is about cutting out people that are still in your life, who are still with you despite your "liberalism" or whatever you want to call it. so this is actually punishing the more tolerant people.

Last edited:

Helios

TrainedRage

Banned

No irrational people here! Nope!

Last edited:

bronk

Banned

Wait....telling people you're going to therapy is bragging? The fuck? Yea it's great to speak to someone.....but bragging? How dumb.

nush

Even Eras calling out this guy's privilege when he attempted a pity party. This is the same guy that was crying in store room at work becuse he had to work with his Ex boyfriend who cheated on him. You know over time people start to paint a picture where it's clear they are the sole cause of thier "misfortune".

Edit: OP just got a weeks ban for false equivillence to homelessness.

Last edited:

God Enel

cLN63os.jpg

I'm never giving them clicks. Your link was one of the few cases where I went there. Hopefully never again.

JordanN

Banned

If the word 'racism', did not exist, 3/4 of Resetera would not be around.

That is their only argument. They use the word "racism" and then stroke themselves repeatedly as if they were scientists making a discovery.

You support Trump? RACIST.
You're a Conservative? RACIST.
You're against open borders? RACIST.
You like two scoops of Ice Cream? RACIST.

It's by the far the worst word in the English lexicon. Just say racist and BOOM. Conversation over. No logic, no facts, just scream racism and the media has your back.

Last edited:

Saruhashi

Banned
Sounds like a fun date!

ULdQc0u.jpg

Shit, imagine the disappointment of getting yourself ready for a date, looking forward to having a good time, and hoping for the best outcome and then they say "who did you vote for in 2016". Fucksakes.

So you say "ah let's not talk about politics" in an attempt to salvage the date and maybe still have a good time. However, this fucking clown insists on going on and on about it for an hour until you finally break and say "Trump".

Then they act like YOU are the bad guy in the situation.

Shit, it's like "Dating 101" to not get into controversial topics that might make you look like a fucking socially unaware moron or might sour the mood of the date.

Keep it relaxed and easy going not "what's your thought on race, cos I hate racists, you aren't one of those fucking racists are you, huh? Huh? HUH? YOU FUCKING WHITE-ASS NAZI SCUM!"

Most people will have some experience like when they told their amazing and usually hilarious laughter inducing anecdote about the time they knocked over the buffet table at a party and your date meekly says "my father was killed by a falling buffet table", Cue, awkward silence and a lonely wank later on.

These fuckers are deliberately trying to make that experience happen on the date. Who did you vote for in 2016? DON'T ASK THAT ON A DATE!

Saber

Gold Member

Even Eras calling out this guy's privilege when he attempted a pity party. This is the same guy that was crying in store room at work becuse he had to work with his Ex boyfriend who cheated on him. You know over time people start to paint a picture where it's clear they are the sole cause of thier "misfortune".

Edit: OP just got a weeks ban for false equivillence to homelessness.

In my country there tons of people living on streets and even dying from cold. And this pathetic excuse of living being is comparing living on a hotel without paying as being "homeless"? All of that because he can't play his PS4?

Sometimes I wish someone purge this forum. I feel like I touch something disgusting just by looking at it.

Last edited:

Falcs

Banned
Shit, imagine the disappointment of getting yourself ready for a date, looking forward to having a good time, and hoping for the best outcome and then they say "who did you vote for in 2016". Fucksakes.

So you say "ah let's not talk about politics" in an attempt to salvage the date and maybe still have a good time. However, this fucking clown insists on going on and on about it for an hour until you finally break and say "Trump".

Then they act like YOU are the bad guy in the situation.

Shit, it's like "Dating 101" to not get into controversial topics that might make you look like a fucking socially unaware moron or might sour the mood of the date.

Keep it relaxed and easy going not "what's your thought on race, cos I hate racists, you aren't one of those fucking racists are you, huh? Huh? HUH? YOU FUCKING WHITE-ASS NAZI SCUM!"

Most people will have some experience like when they told their amazing and usually hilarious laughter inducing anecdote about the time they knocked over the buffet table at a party and your date meekly says "my father was killed by a falling buffet table", Cue, awkward silence and a lonely wank later on.

These fuckers are deliberately trying to make that experience happen on the date. Who did you vote for in 2016? DON'T ASK THAT ON A DATE!
I disagree.

Those idiot morons should ask that along with any other political questions they can think of right off the a bat.

This will reduce the chances of these bat shit crazy fuckers from reproducing.

Saruhashi

Banned
I disagree.

Those idiot morons should ask that along with any other political questions they can think of right off the a bat.

This will reduce the chances of these bat shit crazy fuckers from reproducing.

Hahaha. Fair enough.

I suppose I didn't consider the alternative where you go on 2 or 3 normal enough dates then things start getting serious then they discover that you watched a few Ben Shapiro videos on YouTube and before you know it you are dealing with drama beyond your wildest imagination.

Maybe it's advisable to check for Trump Derangement Syndrome as early as possible these days. :)

Just casually say "have you seen those Pepe the Frog memes that are going around" and see what happens.

Acting all innocent like "I was just listening to the radio there and they had this guy on talking about lobsters... think his name was Jason Patterson or Peterson or something" then watch for reactions. A twitching around the mouth or eyes. A reddening of the cheeks, clenching of the fists.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Hahaha. Fair enough.

I suppose I didn't consider the alternative where you go on 2 or 3 normal enough dates then things start getting serious then they discover that you watched a few Ben Shapiro videos on YouTube and before you know it you are dealing with drama beyond your wildest imagination.

Maybe it's advisable to check for Trump Derangement Syndrome as early as possible these days. :)

Just casually say "have you seen those Pepe the Frog memes that are going around" and see what happens.

Acting all innocent like "I was just listening to the radio there and they had this guy on talking about lobsters... think his name was Jason Patterson or Peterson or something" then watch for reactions. A twitching around the mouth or eyes. A reddening of the cheeks, clenching of the fists.
"Do you think fake news is a real thing?" and watch if they provide any examples, and what those examples are.

Seems like a reasonable defense mechanism.

Barnabot

Recycled

To the now Era fellow:

7swMicG.png

Last edited:

pel1300

ERA posting about Tulsi Gabbard and Russia LOL

"Yeah, I mean, Russia is clearly signal boosting Tulsi in some way, I really don't see any reason to deny that "

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom