• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Auto Racing thread (F1, Moto GP, WRC, NASCAR, etc)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
liquid_gears said:
Kovalainen is useless.
Hid car was set up for Mimimal downforce, max speed, The rain has destroyed any remaining balance he would have had in that car.

Wes said:
Just funny that it's his final race before he retires.
It was always a risk driving a car with a custom paint job. I can't remember the last time a team did a special one-off sponsor deal and had it finish the race.

dankir

OMG did the teams Extinguisher spill all over their pitstop lane?

LOL

What was Nicole Sherzinger doing behind Lewis's brother??

OH MY GOD at all these Spins out, opposite lock turns

FUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.GIF

h3ro

Forza baby... forza. Stay strong Felipe.

I'm kinda saddened by Block Head's exit from F1, he at least deserved to finish the race... The man who replaced The Man is now out of F1... :/

h3ro

dankir said:
LOL, I was waiting for the edit!

Edit? What edit? :D

Can't fault Lewis so far, he's being careful and only passing when he has a sure shot at the position, good job, all you Macca fans better hope he doesn't start playing his favorite game: "Fun time with pushing buttons."

For you conspiracy theorists, the Speed TV guys just brought up that next year, Force India will probably run a full Macca chasis... Fisi made it awfully easy for Hami to pass... just sayin'... :p

Amazing how Vettel in the Ferarri-lite can keep up with the full fat version. It'll be interesting to see how much lighter the car was.
He's not only been trading fastest laps with Massa, but has been consistently quicker than Kimi all race. If the Red Bull ends up being half-decent next year, he should be a regular contender for points.

h3ro said:
For you conspiracy theorists, the Speed TV guys just brought up that next year, Force India will probably run a full Macca chasis... Fisi made it awfully easy for Hami to pass... just sayin'... :p
Good theory, but even Glock managed to overtake him.

h3ro

chickensoup said:
If the Red Bull ends up being half-decent next year, he should be a regular contender for points.

I agree, but that Renault lump might now have enough push for him to contend with the big boys on a regular basis...

ElyrionX

Steve Slater is one fucking annoying commentator.

He keeps talking about the drivers' head and their head positions and tries to make up some stupid bullshit about Massa being "relaxed" because his head is "rested" against the back of the cockpit. WTF?

tetsuoxb

ElyrionX said:

He keeps talking about the drivers' head and their head positions and tries to make up some stupid bullshit about Massa being "relaxed" because his head is "rested" against the back of the cockpit. WTF?

THey were talking about the same thing in the Japanese cable commentary.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Hamilton would have to screw up at this point to lose the title. Looks like he has it on lockdown unless he gets some Kimi like luck at the end.

h3ro

ElyrionX said:

<3 Bob Varsha, David Hobbs and Steve Matchett

Holy shit, Massa almost binned it pulling out of the pit when he hit the paint in the pits... *phew*

ElyrionX

Yeah, and Steve Slater likes to do another stupid thing where he goes silent and "lets" the viewer hear the full power of the cars' V8 engines. WTF? We're watching it on TV, you fucking idiot.

h3ro

ElyrionX said:
Yeah, and Steve Slater likes to do another stupid thing where he goes silent and "lets" the viewer hear the full power of the cars' V8 engines. WTF? We're watching it on TV, you fucking idiot.

The Speed TV guys will do that sometimes, only for onboard laps though...

h3ro

Looks like Hami is all set now... :/

The BBC feed next year is going to be insufferable with all the Lewis knob slobbing they're going to be doing.
He drove well this year, but I'll be damned if I ever saw a championship where the drivers made more errors and gafs (lulz) than what Lewis and Felipe made this year. Talk about drivers backing into a title.

Stop It

h3ro said:

The BBC feed next year is going to be insufferable with all the Lewis knob slobbing they're going to be doing.
He drove well this year, but I'll be damned if I ever saw a championship where the drivers made more errors and gafs (lulz) than what Lewis and Felipe made this year. Talk about drivers backing into a title.
When did you start watching F1? 2000 or something?

Look up the races from the nineties, even the master himself Schumacher managed quite a bit of crashing fun during his 1994/1995 championship wins, Damon hill too liked a bit of touchy feely stuff.

hadareud

The Translator
h3ro said:

what about Raikonnen last year? Forgot about that?

He was the most undeserving world champion in history. Can't even start to compare Hamilton winning the title this year with that.

h3ro

Stop It said:
When did you start watching F1? 2000 or something?

Look up the races from the nineties, even the master himself Schumacher managed quite a bit of crashing fun during his 1994/1005 championship wins, Damon hill too liked a bit of touchy feely stuff.

I started watching in 2003, so I'm relatively new to the sport... JPM and Williams BMW were my faves at the time, Kimi became my favorite driver after what he went through at McLaren and because he now drives for the Scuderia, I'm a Tifoso. :D

Pimpwerx

I think Lewis has cut back revs right now. No need to push. Vettel is the only possible target, but 4th and 5th make no difference in the WDC. Kov is behind him and a long way, so if anyone gets by him, he has a big buffer. Now to hope the car holds up. PEACE.

Stop It

Pimpwerx said:
I think Lewis has cut back revs right now. No need to push. Vettel is the only possible target, but 4th and 5th make no difference in the WDC. Kov is behind him and a long way, so if anyone gets by him, he has a big buffer. Now to hope the car holds up. PEACE.
I think he has went a little bit too far actually, he is lapping far slower than the people ahead, Vettel will fly by at this rate. No matter though, the next guy down the road is Kov so he's not exactly under pressure after that.

It must be weird to be Kubica right now, he probably has a faster car, but is circulating behind Hamilton, he wouldn't dare unlapping himself today, so he is watching what is potentially a WC winning drive.

Alonsos' radio transmission: rain is coming maybe...holy hell.

Pimpwerx

Oh shit! Rain at a time like this is the worst. The top 3 won't flip at all. Alonso is 11s off Felipe. That means Lewis really has to race Vettel in case someone down the grid makes a good gamble and catches the rain at the right time. Ugh. PEACE.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
Pimpwerx said:
Oh shit! Rain at a time like this is the worst. The top 3 won't flip at all. Alonso is 11s off Felipe. That means Lewis really has to race Vettel in case someone down the grid makes a good gamble and catches the rain at the right time. Ugh. PEACE.

Lewis would have to throw it off the track at this point. Or get in a wreck with Vettel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom