• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2008 Olympics Thread - 1936, the Remix

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
The following countries highlighted in green are the only ones worth giving a damn:

Australiahighlight.png

Why? Because it's the only country to have two national flags at the same time.

FlagofAustralia.png

boxingkangaroo.gif

And the reason why one of our national faunas is so respected is because of this; Cadell Evans style!

kangaroobox.jpg

Now it's Henzell's time to shine! To beat the Chinese at their own game in their own backyard! Forget your silly silver in the 2006 championships Henzell! THE PAST IS PAST!!

Henzell.jpg

Our swim team captain shows off the new weapon the swimming team are coming up with to beat the Yanks. The Aussie beergut.

Hackettfat.jpg

Surprised?

Hackettbiznitches.jpg

"You biznitches ain't got no handle on my stichez!"

Australia. Now with more certifiable headbutts from the nation's champions!

Cadell2.jpg

P.S. Great OP again Kara.

IanZ

The people who emphasize China as an authoritarian state act as if they are purely exempt from that kind of 'evil.' The fact is Western consumers have contributed greatly to China's dominance in the world and I find it a bit hypocritical for some to now stand on certain moral highground and look down upon China. What I hate about all the focus on politics is that it's usually the people who are left out, and in that, humanity itself. Sadly I see the Olympics becoming more and more a stage for nationalist and racist expressions.

Has to be said again.

11hxve9.png

xnxob8.gif

Australia - 4th in Athens behind the USA, China and Russia. With only 20 million people you know who the real winners are.

Watch our swim team destroy you yankee doodle dandy's. :lol

woodchuck

NICE THREAD

USA-USA-USA

time for the real MEN'S basketball to dominate these euro scrubs (and yes, i'm counting argentina as part of euro. any team that's primarily white and flops consists of euro scrubs).

none of this michael finley or andre miller bullshit. it's time for USA to take back what's rightfully theirs*

*unless D'Antoni (italian) or Krzyzewski (Polish) try to take it away from them

TDG

Banned
Argentina and the USA both have good football and basketball teams. Looks like I may have some choices to make.

calder

sp0rsk said:
Did somebody say SMOG?!?!
art.beijing.smog.afp.gi.jpg

1zczad4.jpg
Liar, that shit is clouds and haze! Ever since the government fixed the problem of accidentally taking air-quality readings from sensors in the more polluted parts of town instead of the less polluted, it's been nothin' but blue skies.

[Du Shaozhong, deputy director of the Beijing municipal bureau of environmental protection] explicitly criticized the use of photographs as an indication of pollution levels.

"Such photographs 'don't tell the truth,'" Du Shaozhong said. "We don't approve of their use to pass judgment on the air quality... you have to look at the complete monitoring system, and analyze the data scientifically."
Good try sp0rsk, but he's all over your troll shenanigans. ;)

woodchuck

the disgruntled gamer said:
Argentina and the USA both have good football and basketball teams. Looks like I may have some choices to make.

usa basketball. argentina football.

it's win-win.

pepe sanchez is gone. argentina only has two players now (ginobili and scola).

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Let us celebrate the NBC broadcast of the Olympics by watching Brisco County Jr., who's theme song was bought by NBC for Olympic broadcast use.

61VP0BFB2GL._SS500_.jpg

Wha?? NBC has used that for over 10 years. They played it back when the MLB Playoffs was on NBC also. They haven't used it in a while but they had it.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
The Frankman said:
Wha?? NBC has used that for over 10 years. They played it back when the MLB Playoffs was on NBC also. They haven't used it in a while but they had it.

yes I know but they usually use it for the Olympics, and I always feel like watching the show when I hear the song :D

Tarazet

I'll be there on day one (literally) for the cycling road race. I'll be rooting for big dumb George Hincapie, it's time he got a break.

Karakand

speedpop said:
epic post
:thumbsup

Kikujiro said:
1936, the Remix, can't believing the shit, let's go Captain America:lol
Cap is truly an inspiration for all of us and our athletes.

28t7rd0.jpg

typhonsentra said:
I still can't believe we have over twice as many medals as out next biggest competitor. Our country's pretty fucking awesome.
We beat them down so bad they don't even exist anymore!

Nice OP. The only time of year that I actually get to watch my sport as it should be, not as portrayed by a bunch of steroid popping actors.

27yyglj.jpg

Too bad no Cael this year. I'll root for Hrovat since Michiganders gotta stick together.

legend166

Aussie, Aussie, Aussie, etc.

The Yank basketball team only beat us by 11 last night. And we didn't have our best player, THE MAN, THE MYTH, THE GUT. Bogut will lead us to Olympic glory. Gives me memories of when Hammer Heal stood up to Barkley. Awesome.

And we'll also win the most gold per capita or something cause we're awesome and better than everyone else.

Damn, the weather over there got considerably worse. That sucks for the athletes.

Also, what the fuck at the facist OP. <3

I don't really support any individual country, I'm just hoping for a good games. Colombia's the star of, well, nothing. Still love my country, though.

Karakand

USA Basketball is so good we have to handicap ourselves with a perennial choker and a has-been at the coaching position.

Karakand said:
USA Basketball is so good we have to handicap ourselves with a perennial choker and a has-been at the coaching position.

Why are you taking shots @ Lebron and Nate McMillian?

Hi reilo!

Go Mother Russia! If we fuckers knew how to swim then we would crush all opposition in the medal standings. I support the annexation of Australia for this very purpose.

aznpxdd

Pringles : RUN!

Our offense is so horrible when the other teams zone up. :(

"Bring Redd in for artillery" will only work against weak teams.

AmMortal

Banned
woodchuck said:
NICE THREAD

USA-USA-USA

time for the real MEN'S basketball to dominate these euro scrubs (and yes, i'm counting argentina as part of euro. any team that's primarily white and flops consists of euro scrubs).

none of this michael finley or andre miller bullshit. it's time for USA to take back what's rightfully theirs*

*unless D'Antoni (italian) or Krzyzewski (Polish) try to take it away from them

haha, im looking forward to USA getting their ass handed to them by Greece again. Not even Kobe will stand a match to hairy 7+ feet long greeks.

giga

AmMortal said:
haha, im looking forward to USA getting their ass handed to them by Greece again. Not even Kobe will stand a match to hairy 7+ feet long greeks.
soft, tall basketball players are worthless.

example

paugasol.jpg

AmMortal said:

Someone missed the memo.

THIS IS THE ROAD TO REDEMPTION

Presented by NIKE

Dali

I'm going to have to renew my NCAA basketball tournament battle cry:

USA! USA! USA!

They say Spain's got something for our b-ball team. I say they are right, but they need five somethings. Pau Gasol is only one guy.

AmMortal said:
Somebody seems to have forgotten Vince Carter jumping clean over some 7' Russian obstacle player. You gotta be more than just tall, son.

$1148 Jack said:
Is that the kangaroo from the South Paw bottles? I guess Australia ain't all bad then.

Dali said:

USA! USA! USA!

They say Spain's got something for our b-ball team. I say they are right, but they need five somethings.Pau Gasol is only one guy.

Fortunately for Spain, they have a lot more than just Pau.

Marc, Rudy, Jose, oh my!

AmMortal

Banned
Dali said:

USA! USA! USA!

They say Spain's got something for our b-ball team. I say they are right, but they need five somethings. Pau Gasol is only one guy.

Somebody seems to have forgotten Vince Carter jumping clean over some 7' Russian obstacle player. You gotta be more than just tall, son.

Is that the kangaroo from the South Paw bottles? I guess Australia ain't all bad then.

I remember that, it was awesome but vince is not playing now is he.lol

The team consists of a bunch of overpayed, egotistical pricks.

Dali

AmMortal said:
I remember that, it was awesome but vince is not playing now is he.lol

True he's not in this Olympics, but I was more trying to bring the issue of athleticism up rather than saying he'll do it again. As far as them being ego-pricks, I agree you've got a few like Kobe, but I've got confidence Coach K will straighten them out.

AmMortal

Banned
Dali said:
True he's not in this Olympics, but I was more trying to bring the issue of athleticism up rather than saying he'll do it again. As far as them being ego-pricks, I agree you've got a few like Kobe, but I've got confidence Coach K will straighten them out.

Hope so, tbh i dont see how they cant win.:lol
They would really have to mess up bad in order not to.

AmMortal said:

The same egotistical pricks that smashed the FIBA AMERICAS tournament and didn't lose?

And have yet to lose in exhibition play?

Those pricks?

Just checking...

Dali

giga said:
usa basketball schedule

Picture+1.png
:lol :lol

Sucks for China to have the air let out of their sail so early. Who knows, they could have made a good run on Yao's back until meeting us but instead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom