• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 2011 MLB Thread - Scott Proctor on to get some posts in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Windu said:
Oh no, we're doomed.
In the season series against Washington, yes, Atlanta definitely is. Would not be surprised to see a sweep to be honest. Hopefully Braves fans will take it in stride and give "The Natural" a nice standing ovation when he's introduced in Atlanta for the first time this season, but I'm not holding my breath.

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
bean breath said:
In the season series against Washington, yes, Atlanta definitely is. Would not be surprised to see a sweep to be honest. Hopefully Braves fans will take it in stride and give "The Natural" a nice standing ovation when he's introduced in Atlanta for the first time this season, but I'm not holding my breath.
The only natural playing major league baseball is playing right field for the royals.

Edit: nvm mis read that, anyway I hope they boo him.

Windu said:
The only natural playing major league baseball is playing right field for the royals.
American League doesn't exist to me. In fact, why are we posting in the same thread as those unwashed peasants?

Tedesco!

My draft:

Ryan Hannigan - C
Jorge Posada - C
Albert Pujols - 1B
Luis Castillo - 2B
Neil Walker - 2B/3B
Michael Young - 3B
Rafael Furcal - SS
Josh Hamilton - OF
Jay Bruce - OF
Delmon Young - OF
Vlad Guerrero - OF
Nick Swisher - OF
Grady Sizemore - OF

Chad Billingsley
Tim Hudson
Aroldis Chapman
Francisco Cordero
Edinson Volquez
Phil Hughes
Ted Lilly
Joakim Soria

Enron

Banned
Since everyone else is posting their rosters from last night's 12 team auction draft, here's mine

C - lol
1B - Billy Butler
2B - Aaron Hill
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Matt Holliday
UTIL - David Ortiz
BN - Gordon Beckham
BN - Carlos Quentin
BN - Casey McGehee
BN - Adam Lind
BN - Freddie Freeman

SP - Chris Carptenter
SP - David Price
RP - Neftali Feliz
RP - JJ Putz
P - Madison Bumgarner
P - Huston Street
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Michael Pineda

Doytch said:
That Reyes trade? At least it wasn't a huge steal like last year when I traded my last round pick (Price) for him.
I'm saying fuck you because I offered him McCutchen before that and he took Cruz. :(

Also still pissed at myself over Kuroda, god fucking damn it.

Anyway

C - Geovany Soto
1B - Ryan Howard
2B - Kelly Johnson
SS - Yunel Escobar
3B - Ryan Zimmerman
OF - Matt Kemp
OF - Andrew McCutchen
OF - Nick Markakis
UT - Adam Dunn
BN - Angel Pagan

SP - Jered Weaver
SP - Matt Cain
RP - Matt Thornton
RP - Joel Hanrahan
P - Max Scherzer
P - Colby Lewis
P - Jamie Garcia
BN - Jordan Zimmermann
BN - Edwin Jackson
BN - Leo Núñez
BN - Jonny Venters

Doytch

I also don't like Cruz in H2H as much as in Roto. Constantly out a couple of days here and there and sinking your week. Speaking from experience.

Slow your roll, eznark. I've got Fielder and Braun on my team.

Maxim726X

Since we're all discussing our fantasy teams, mind telling me where I can improve (I think my SP is pretty weak, suggestions welcome):

1b) Adrian Gonzalez
2b) Kelly Johnson
3b) David Wright
C) Mike Napoli
SS) Starlin Castro
OF) Matt Holiday, Alex Rios, Nick Swisher
Util) Adam Dunn, Adam LaRoche, Coco Crisp, Erik Aybar,Ty Wigginton

SP) Cole Hamels, Matt Cain, Clay Bucholz, Jeremy Hellickson, Jair Jurrjens, Jaime Garcia
RP) John Axford, Chris Sale, Daniel Bard

Bench: J.P. Aracibia, Jim Thome, Chris Young, Ryan Theriot, John Lackey, Octavio Dotel

Thoughts? Tips? Advice?

Built the team with power and RBI in mind, with the hopes that runs scored would come. SBs are gonna be pretty low, I think.

Doytch said:
I also don't like Cruz in H2H as much as in Roto. Constantly out a couple of days here and there and sinking your week. Speaking from experience.

Slow your roll, eznark. I've got Fielder and Braun on my team.
I feel like we were bidding on the same guys so much of the time.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Twins traded Billy Bullock to retain Scott Diamond. Apparently they have too many fringe-y relief prospects to hang on to one of their more promising ones. Sigh.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Now Bonds' attorney is cross-examing his mistresss about a 'hell hath no fury like a woman scorned' email she sent to Barry's website after he broke up with her. The email accuses him of "cheating" on her (although he was married to someone else) with various floozies in various locations.

So the attorney says, "This is the man you said had penile dysfunction?" Zing!

Windu

never heard about the cat, apparently
Lambtron said:
Twins traded Billy Bullock to retain Scott Diamond. Apparently they have too many fringe-y relief prospects to hang on to one of their more promising ones. Sigh.
Wierd trade for the twins.

Macattk15

Enron said:
Since everyone else is posting their rosters from last night's 12 team auction draft, here's mine

C - lol
1B - Billy Butler
2B - Aaron Hill
3B - Adrian Beltre
SS - Ian Desmond
OF - Carl Crawford
OF - Jason Heyward
OF - Matt Holliday
UTIL - David Ortiz
BN - Gordon Beckham
BN - Carlos Quentin
BN - Casey McGehee
BN - Adam Lind
BN - Freddie Freeman

SP - Chris Carptenter
SP - David Price
RP - Neftali Feliz
RP - JJ Putz
P - Madison Bumgarner
P - Huston Street
P - Ricky Nolasco
BN - Michael Pineda

Hurray to you!

If he is facing a hefty lefty line-up, I wouldn't use him. At least not until he passes a few starts with a few scary lefties in them. They are his kryptonite.

His first test is his first start against Texas.

He does have the potential to be something really special though. Just needs to keep developing the secondary stuff .... change-up mostly ... his slider is nasty.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Windu said:
Wierd trade for the twins.
I won't go quite as far as saying it's horrible, but it's disappointing that's for sure. The Twins love Diamond, but I think this is giving up far too much for him. Bullock had a 14.7 (!!!) K/9 in AA last year, but he also had a 5.9 BB/9. He's a hard thrower with shaky control. I was excited the Twins drafted him because he's not the type of player they normally draft. I suppose that's why they traded him away.

Nobility

Banned
I'll join in on the fun.

C - Brian McCann
1B - Adrian Gonzales
2B - Howie Kendrick
3B - Scott Rolen
SS - Juan Uribe
OF - Jason Heyward (I believe!)
OF - Adam Lind
OF - Torii Hunter
Util - Juan Pierre
Util - Carlos Beltran
BN - Hideki Matsui
BN - Erick Aybar
BN - Edwin Encarnacion
BN - Ramon Hernandez

SP - Felix Hernandez
SP - Francisco Liriano
P - Phil Hughes
P - Johnny Cueto
P - Brandon Webb
P - Jair Jurrjens
P - Scott Downs
RP - Mariano Rivera
RP - Daniel Bard

I think I did fine considering it is a 16-man league. My bench is terrible though. :(

Meier

Dmncnby2k9 said:
lol damn. my first time trying fanstasy actually.
I would ditch Martin for sure. Most people are content with only carrying 1 catcher unless they have a sub who can play another position as well. Plus, dude is DONE.

Loney is probably could for .300ish average but he will never provide any HR power. I'd try and find a young, power hitter there.. maybe a Gaby Sanchez type.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Bonds's attorney just got his mistress to admit that she left a different man at the altar and was going to write a book called "Bonds Girl."

turnbuckle

Jangocube said:
13-2 Orioles against Detroit.

WORLD SERIES BABY

Scherzer got crushed for 11 runs in like 2 innings or less.
He's had a pitiful Spring altogether and I'm pretty worried we're getting the first 1/3 of 2010 Max instead of the second 2/3.

I blame his eyes.

McNei1y

bluemax said:
Small sample size.

Sure. They are small samples but each year they have been pretty much the same. I've also noticed a trend, throughout his five years in the majors, the more at bats he got, the higher average he hit for. Sure three of those years he was only used as an off the bench guy, but he still had solid numbers for even that role.

Last year was his first year back to starting after four years of coming off the bench. He still smacked the ball around. I say now that hes finally given the chance to start he will show what hes got and this year will be his coming out party (based on his yearly stats). That's all I'm trying to get across (and hoping for).

Meier said:
I would ditch Martin for sure. Most people are content with only carrying 1 catcher unless they have a sub who can play another position as well. Plus, dude is DONE.

Loney is probably could for .300ish average but he will never provide any HR power. I'd try and find a young, power hitter there.. maybe a Gaby Sanchez type.
Thanks man i picked Martin up thinking two catchers was the way to go. So should i drop him and look for some power?

Here is a nice picture of Carlos Ruiz trying to show Humberto Quintero how to drive a race car.

XB56u.jpg

Meier

Dmncnby2k9 said:
Thanks man i picked Martin up thinking two catchers was the way to go. So should i drop him and look for some power?
I'd just try for a more well-rounded one if you can find them. Sanchez is available in about half the Yahoo leagues and he hit for more power than Loney but still hit for average. I'd love to be wrong, but I can't see Loney ever hitting more than 15-18 HR given his history and that's pretty underwhelming for a 1B. If you have great power elsewhere, he might be worth keeping for his solid average and RBI. I notice your other 1B (at least in terms of eligibility) is on the same team as your starter so you'll definitely want to find another if you don't keep Loney.

The production out of your catcher slot is just not worth having two typically unless you lucked into a Posey and McCann or something. Your backup is probably going to be so far below your starter in the totem pole that it's rarely worth carrying two.

Sharp

bluemax said:
Small sample size.
Sure, but he had very good hitting statistics in the minors too, and has continued to mash for the Nationals in the majors. I mean, yes, SSS, but you have to start somewhere with your extrapolation. There was no evidence that Morse was not going to be able to hit in the future.

Doytch

CajoleJuice said:
I feel like we were bidding on the same guys so much of the time.
Yeah, though you might get a bit of a reprieve on Wednesday. I just realised today that my thesis presentation ends on Wednesday at 9pm - the time of the roto draft. I'm gonna have to bolt 15m early or something and do the draft on the sketchy campus wi-fi... Fuck me for being retarded and not noticing this.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
This is a post to say Eznark is cool as hell.

This is a follow up sentence to say that I was neither paid nor contracted to say so.

That is all.

R_GILL

I'm tanking for Kabanov!
Doytch said:
Tim Tom Collins is starting in the majors this year (with KC, but yeah).

That's awesome. It would be great if he can keep up his ridiculous K rates in the majors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom