• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official 24: 1pm to 2pm thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

keiichi

BigJonsson said:
Spoiler tag the preview for us Canada people
from my not so reliable memory
1. Tony says something about him being considered a traitor ... so why should he help.
2. Jack talking to Heller about the discovery of a mole among CTU.
3. Agents declaring that they've found the mole... camera focuses on the real mole (aisha)
4. Agents stop at the other CTU girls desk and announce she's the mole...
5. me = wtf.

jenov4

I guess no spoiler tag is needed as everyone was already screaming out TONY!

So I'll contribute: OMG ITS TONY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jenov4

I found Chase really annoying. Maybe it was the fact that he was only around for 1 season. Therefore we get less emotional attachment to that character.

It was great to see Tony back though. And yeah I screamed out TONY also! :lol

SKluck

Banned
Actually in the preview Tony says to jack something like "I'm considered a traitor to my country, how can you help me". Not other way around.

alejob

Now I remember and
I get the feeling that they are getting the wrong person on purpose so they can discover who the real mole is and track what she's doing.
Just my guess.

I think we need to label what type of spoiler things are. If its not related to the ep, but about the future, we should put a disclaimer. I was shocked to see Tony, which was cool, but then I now read Manabyte's post and I know something about the future that I'd rather not know so I could have the same reaction.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Hell yeah, Tony is back! And with a kill count!

Are there unmarked spoilers in this thread about future episodes or something? If so, I'm completely avoiding this thread

USE SPOILER TAGS FOR ANY DISCUSSION ABOUT PREVIEWS

BuddyC

ManaByte's post on the first page contains some AICN spoilers, but they're in spoiler tags, so it's all good, I guess. Based off Marty's post I went and read it and yea, a disclaimer saying "FUTURE EPISODE SPOILERS" beforehand would be nice, especially when the quoted post is nothing but spoiler text and there's nothing to indicate the actual context of the spoilers, but at least they're using spoiler tags to begin with.

AniHawk

Wario64 said:
Hell yeah, Tony is back! And with a kill count!

Are there unmarked spoilers in this thread about future episodes or something? If so, I'm completely avoiding this thread

Only that the Talk Soup chick gets killed.

VPhys

I remember not liking Tony for putting his wife above the saftey of the Nation. But I gotta admit I was excited to see him.

Still

Chase > Tony.

Phoenix said:
If he really wanted to kill his son, why didn't he just have him poisoned/killed/etc at the house instead of sending him out of sight to spur on a chase scene? I mean hell if you're in for killing everyone you come across and shooting through your wife to kill your son then what's the big deal with letting him get in the open?

Well, Behrooz is still his son. Maybe he wanted someone else to kill Behrooz so he (Behrooz's dad) didn't have to be there to actually see it happen. It's one thing to sign off on having someone else kill Behrooz and another to personally kill Behrooz himself.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
"TONY!"

"who the hell is tony?"

"SHUT UP!"

i wonder how many living rooms that conversation simultaneously took place in

AniHawk

drohne said:
"TONY!"

"who the hell is tony?"

"SHUT UP!"

i wonder how many living rooms that conversation simultaneously took place in

Has this season really been that much more successful than previous seasons? I thought by Day 3, the show had a pretty good following.

Trakball said:
Anihawk is crazy

Damn straight.

pnjtony

tony%20toni%20tone%20oakland%20stroke.jpg

YEAH!

My GF taped it for me while I was at work then kept emailing me telling me that she knew something I didn't know. My initial thought was Chloe but I was glad to see Tony kicking a bit of ass

OH MY GOD!!! TONY!!!

That was AWSOME!!!

When Audry asked jack who he was calling and he responded about it being the only person he could trust, I immediatly lunged from my relaxed possition on the couch to a very alert one where I blurted out, "Tony!!!!..... is it gonna be Tony? be Tony be Tony be Tony!!" :lol

And than when it came back from comercial and showed Air Force One, I for a split second thought Is Palmer for some reason on the plane too? But it was Tony AWSOME!!! I really want to know what happend with Tony's little treason problem. I found it off that at the end of season 3 it never showed Jack saying something to Palmer on Tony's behalf. Maybe the weriter planed it that way.

And like other have said, let's see Michelle again.

Lastly, what's with the Chase hate? He was cool, and he took a hell of a lot of punishment in season 3, and usualy because of or stright from Jack.

~Black Deatha

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
I thought Jack was going to call Chloe for some reason. But I guess that wouldn't have helped much, she wouldn't have gotten there in time and couldn't have taken down those terrorists. Awesome appearance by Tony though. Although I was sorta disappointed, it looked like Jack was going to do something off the wall crazy. He is at his best in situations like that.

Chipopo

Banned
Yeah, I couldn't have been the only one who wanted to see Jack defeat two armed goons by THROWING HIS PISTOL. You just know he could have done it, too.

Memles

Yeah...I was KIND of spoiled in terms of Tony coming back at some point, so the second he called someone he could trust, I kind of assumed it was Tony. Didn't keep me from giving a triumphant "TONY!" myself. It was 1:20 am, I was watching it just after the torrent finished.

It was nearly as overall good as last week, and I'm still angry at Marianne being such a plain and obvious mole (Finding out who she's working with better be good, or else) but there was enough tension among the Araz family, enough suspense with Edgar and the Nuclear Plants, and enough kickass Tony returns to make it worth my while. Good times, 24...less moles, more Tony.

And Chase = Suck.

CloudNL

Yeah Tony is back!

And wow. Those scenes with the Arab family are intense!
That kid is sooooo fucked up.

Oh, and I heard that 2pm to 4pm will be unbelievable / awesome!

BojTrek

Banned
Anyone else feel that the son is the worst actor ever... how bout' when he nailed the guy with the shovel... either he is a pussy in real life or they wanted him to swing like a bitch...

Did you see him make that turn doing 80MPH down the alley... looked so realistic, he barely turned the wheel and the car easily made the turn.

My wife and I in a robot voice were saying in bed last night "Why does he want to kill me, I am his son"

CloudNL

Anyone else feel that the son is the worst actor ever

No. I think he's doing a great job. I even felt sorry for him. I hope TerrorMom and TerrorKid will survive and Jack will kill TerrorDad and TerrorMummy in one fight (without Scorpions).

DarthWoo

I'm glad Grandpa porked a Chinese Muslim
Wouldn't Chase have been a somewhat unreliable person to call anyway, given his likely diminished dexterity as a result of what happened to him?

After last night's episode, over half of the plotlines have officially unraveled into absolute absurdity. Still entertaining, but the show's clearly not going to end up as well-crafted as the first couple episodes led me to believe. Bummer.

*Noel Coward Parody

I wanted to add my name to the list of those who yelled out "TONY!!!!!!!" I avoid spoilers, previews, etc. like the plague so it was a huge surprise to me. And then, of course, because I was watching it alone in my hotel room, I felt like an idiot.

But damn, what a great episode. They finally managed to get some sympathy out of me for Erin Driscoll and her daughter's situation. The Araz family storyline keeps getting better, with Shohreh Aghdashloo turning in Emmy-winning performance already (those eyes!!!). Edgar coming through and almost saving the day. Jack finding out about the mole and kicking some more ass. And Tony!!! The only storyline that I don't care about at this point is Paul, but there has to be more to him than meets the eye.

This season is just incredibly exciting, and I love how the writers have stopped using so many of the 24 cliches, and the ones that they do use have enough small tweaks to keep it interesting. There is quicker resolution to storylines this season, which keeps it fresh for the casual viewer. Very well done so far.

Memles

N Coward Parody said:
After last night's episode, over half of the plotlines have officially unraveled into absolute absurdity. Still entertaining, but the show's clearly not going to end up as well-crafted as the first couple episodes led me to believe. Bummer.

Have you EVER watched this show? I'm pretty sure you have, but threre is absolutely no way that any plotlines are ever going to wrap up easily or quickly. And, I don't see anything different in this season than any other; We're about a 1/3 of the way through and just about where we'd expect to be. I'm not seeing how these storylines have gotten too absurd; the Araz family stuff is about what you'd expect.

N Coward Parody said:

*Noel Coward Parody

Suspension of disbelief?

Have you EVER watched this show? I'm pretty sure you have, but threre is absolutely no way that any plotlines are ever going to wrap up easily or quickly. And, I don't see anything different in this season than any other; We're about a 1/3 of the way through and just about where we'd expect to be. I'm not seeing how these storylines have gotten too absurd; the Araz family stuff is about what you'd expect.

I'll freely admit that I never consistenly watched 24 until this season. But having said that...

It just seems like the storytelling has largely gone awry. I'm invested in the Jack Bauer action/unveiling-of-various-sundry-mysteries plot, but the the developments at CTU seem less like the operations of a counter-terrorist unit and more like the histrionics of General Hospital.

The Dricoll's daughter thread is pure sap. It's as if they're filming a schmaltzy Academy Awards-tailored retard epic inside the CIA. It's too conveniently dramatic for Driscoll to have a schizo daughter. And even worse, thus far it has no justifiable reason for being part of the story. I don't give a shit if it's EVENTUALLY going to make sense. The craft comes from making strange plotlines work in the moment, only to have them pay off in interesting and unexpected ways later. Not this manufactured crap.

The same goes for the boo-hoo butt fuck ex-husband. What the hell is he doing there? It seems to be a pretty paltry attempt to add draw a rift between Jack and Adrien (?). Isn't a massive terrorist attack ENOUGH?

That's just off the top of my head. There's more, however. Maybe I'm demanding too much of the show, but I felt like the first couple episodes displayed a great sense of pace, and a deft cohesion of action, character development, and dramatic development. Now, it seems too widely split between soap-operatics and high-octane kickin' ass -- it lacks a satisfying meld.

Still a fun show, however. I'm a nit picky shit head.

And by the way, thanks again for the Lost help. Now THAT's great TV storytelling...

*Noel Coward Parody

Trakball

Banned
NCP has the same issues with the show that I have - and I've been watching since season 1! I don't care though, I still like (most) of the show. But it is fucking ridiculous, from the patented whatever technology they use to the jive tech lingo ("put a firewall on her PC!")...

alejob

Memles said:
It was nearly as overall good as last week, and I'm still angry at Marianne being such a plain and obvious mole (Finding out who she's working with better be good, or else)

We already who she is working for,
its the white guy that Audrey saw with the terrorists

I also don't like the Driscol thing with the schizo daughter, but I just don't pay much attention to it. Just bitching about it would make it worse. Focus on the good stuff.

alejob

Trakball said:
But it is fucking ridiculous, from the patented whatever technology they use to the jive tech lingo ("put a firewall on her PC!")...
How about knowing that the network is over loaded by looking at the routing table. The also said something about NAT that didn't make sense. The firewall thing atleast makes sense(putting the firewall around the moles computer). And she was manually rebooting the hub(or switch), LOL. That was no hub(Don't know what it was though.). Most of ti doesn't make sence but I don't mind, its no important.

Trakball

Banned
alejob said:
Most of ti doesn't make sence but I don't mind, its no important.

Yeah, I know. I think of 24 as being a live-action comic book, which helps me to be able to suspend as much belief as necessary to make it through the more tedious episodes.

I think of 24 as being a live-action comic book, which helps me to be able to suspend as much belief as necessary to make it through the more tedious episodes.
See, I think the problem is that 24 doesn't see itself that way. It takes itself seriously. It doesn't ask us to "suspend our disbelief." It wants us to buy into the drama and implausability. There's no awareness of the camp like there is in, say, the early seasons of Alias. So, unfortunately, we don't buy it.

*Noel Coward Parody

CloudNL

See, I think the problem is that 24 doesn't see itself that way. It takes itself seriously.

This is not full true. It deals with some serious subjects, but some things are just....there. Comic style Chloe / Edgar, the I'm notreallydeathJackBauer season 2 thingy etc.

Memles

See, there is something to be said about your complaints. They're valid, in terms of storytelling. But, this isn't just a show about Jack Bauer, and never has been. It's been a show about CTU just as much, really. And, there are no perfect 24 characters. Everybody needs some sort of calamity. Driscoll has her daughter, Jack has had Teri/Kim, Kim, Kim and now Audrey, etc. It's the way the show is, and I don't really mind it that much.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have an entire iTunes library and a whole lot of programs and bookmarks to rebuild after User Support at my University proceeded to fucking erase my hard drive without explicitly telling me that was what they were doing. I wish I could send Bauer after him.

nitewulf

hell yeah.
tony >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> ALL
i always like tony.
i didnt yell but almost jumped out of my chair when he shot those guys and came onscreen.
now hopefully, hopefully we'll get michelle as well!!! former CTU crew sans Kim is totally awesome.
when jack said he was calling the only person he could trust, i immediately thought of chloe, but then i was like, "surely he wont call chloe into this mess, she isnt a field agent and she is kinda clutzy."
that was an awesome ending.

ManaByte

Gold Member
New commercial during the Superbowl pregame show:
They showed them chasing the real mole down some stairs as she tried to run out of CTU.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm all for suspension of disbelief but is anyone else extremely bothered by the fact that the terrorist plot wasn't foiled by
unplugging the nuclear powerplants ethernet cable?

Socreges

Banned
Sorry for bumping this thread, but I just wanted to read the reactions to....

OMFG TONY!!! :O

I was never even very fond of the guy, but that was too f*cking cool. I actually forgot at that point that he had called someone for help, so I wasn't expecting ANYTHING to that effect.

I must say, having only Jack and Chloe (blah) return (+ minor roles) has been good to keep things fresh, but it definitely warms me to have another familiar face around. :)

Phoenix said:
That's what I though, arrested and headed to life in prison or death for being a traitor. But then again, perhaps the same people who recruit for CTU handled his sentencing.
:lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom