• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official All-Pro Football 2k8 Neo-GAF Online League Thread: Rats off to ya!

Nightz

^ That is correct. The code has the information for the uniform set up, so you can re-use them for other teams you make. It's a pain in the butt entering the code with a controller though.

Nightz said:
^ That is correct. The code has the information for the uniform set up, so you can re-use them for other teams you make. It's a pain in the butt entering the code with a controller though.

Plug in a USB keyboard.

Hunter D

This game has the best animation I have ever seen. I'm really surprised there isn't a more talk about the animation in this game.

Maverick

Hunter D said:
This game has the best animation I have ever seen. I'm really surprised there isn't a more talk about the animation in this game.

My buddy who isn't into videogames (but is a huge sports fan) walks in as I'm playing last night. "Why aren't there any NFL teams?" he says.

Then I tossed a pitch to Walter Payton and he says, "Oh my God, is that Walter Payton? That looked exactly like Walter Payton."

The animations are incredible.

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Hunter D said:
QTF. I love it. The only problem is the O line has a tendency to get completely screwed up on a couple of D plays. There's one in particular that this guy ran on me constantly and my Silver left guard would take two steps back, turn two steps to the left (so he's looking behind my tackle on the left) and two of his guys just walk through the line... I'm not sure why this is happening or how to prevent it I just know every time I passed that game it was rape.

But yes the animations are amazing.

Nightz

speculawyer said:
Plug in a USB keyboard.
Yes I know lol. When I was inputting the code last night, my brother was on the computer so I couldn't borrow the keyboard. I don't want to spend the money to buy a keyboard just for the 360 either.

RichP

Banned
Do you guys know if anyone on any of the sports sites has made a central repository for uniform codes? I have my Lions unis close, but they're still a bit "off".

The Grand Rapids Gophers need your help! :lol

This game really is an incredible game of football, and the Legends aspect is as much fun as I'd hoped. After being ripped by EA the last two years, I'm thankful 2K decided to give it another shot.

I had questioned the $60 price point, but I'm glad I decided to give it a chance.

newsguy

Yesterday I squeezed in one game before work and I saw something I thought was insane. I was on the 5 yard line and I threw a perfectly placed fade into the corner of the endzone with Marino. Gary Clark runs a great route, loses the CB, but the ball looks like it's going to fall out of bounds. Clark then jumps, snags the pass, but what he did to stay in bounds was the icing. Instead of the little tiptoe shuffle most players will do to stay in bounds, he did exactly what a real receiver would have done, the tiptoe bounce step where he bounces and fals forward. I must have replayed it 10 times.

I just noticed that Bubby Brister was given absolutely no special abilities. :lol

There are a few others too . . . what's the point of these 'legends' without any special abilities?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
newsguy said:
Yesterday I squeezed in one game before work and I saw something I thought was insane. I was on the 5 yard line and I threw a perfectly placed fade into the corner of the endzone with Marino. Gary Clark runs a great route, loses the CB, but the ball looks like it's going to fall out of bounds. Clark then jumps, snags the pass, but what he did to stay in bounds was the icing. Instead of the little tiptoe shuffle most players will do to stay in bounds, he did exactly what a real receiver would have done, the tiptoe bounce step where he bounces and fals forward. I must have replayed it 10 times.

:D Awesome. On my way to Gamestop right now....

Kingpen

after all the compliments in here and on operationsports about the gameplay, animation, and atmosphere/presentation.... I decided to give 2ksports my 60 bucks. The game is sold out almost everywhere I went and I had to pick it up at a secondary game store....

I think one of the main reasons why I decided to support 2k again is because of the less then excellent EA products we have had to support on next gen with them having the exclusive licences....

I think I'm going to enjoy the legends aspect of this game a lot...

LiveWire said:
Oh wait it looks like you might have to buy the add-on to view highlight reels. I can't force anyone to spend the 400 MS points but I can tell you it's really fun to play with and there are some good highlights on there.

That's really stupid . . . I understanding having to pay 400 to make your own high-light reels but they should let everyone view the highlight reels for free. Heck, they should create a way of making avi or mpg files and sharing them on the net. It is great free advertising for the game . . . except when people put up bugs. Speaking of which, there is too much of players passing through each other. It is to be expected to some degree, but sometimes the players are like ghosts that just pass through each other.

I see they officially announced a cover-boy for NBA 2K8 today . . . OK, you got a guy to put on the cover . . . can we now see some of the game please?

LiveWire

speculawyer said:
Speaking of which, there is too much of players passing through each other. It is to be expected to some degree, but sometimes the players are like ghosts that just pass through each other.

I agree, but honestly, given the choice between that and the unrealistic mario running of Madden (which I'll bet anyone $10 will still be in Madden 2008), I'll take All-Pro any day of the week.

Zep

Banned
I was toying around with open field tackling and found the R-analog to be better than diving. Anybody else give this a try?

Was using Special Move setting in practice mode.

newsguy

Big Zep said:
I was toying around with open field tackling and found the R-analog to be better than diving. Anybody else give this a try?

Was using Special Move setting in practice mode.

It is, expecially when you go low. I try clicking for the big hit but it's really hard to time. When it works it's some brutal stuff though

vumpler

LiveWire said:
I agree, but honestly, given the choice between that and the unrealistic mario running of Madden (which I'll bet anyone $10 will still be in Madden 2008), I'll take All-Pro any day of the week.
Well supposedly its in impossibility for mario running in madden since their using the Inverse Kinematics system. Their feet are literally pinned to the ground or else they can't move.

But I can't say I've seen much of the players passing through each other. I've only played 22 online games though and i'm not sure what situations this is occurring in.. However I have seen the blockers just turning the other way not paying a bit of attention lol.

I have to give it to 2k though this game is probably the best football game I've played thus far. I'm sure some complete game breaking glitches will be found within the week but up to this point before it gets there its amazing.

Mrbob

So I started a season with my Chicago Assassins and Stabler gets hurt in the first game. Out for 12 weeks! Damn. :( Now I have a no medal QB running the team, and while I've won the last two games with him it has been a painful experience to say the least!

Oh, and is there an issue with game to game fatigue with this game?

I noticed the fatigue level is set to 85 percent or better for substitions. Yet Walter Payton, who ran 18 times in game two, started game 3 on the bench because his fatigue level was at 50 percent AT THE BEGINNING of game 3. WTF.

vumpler

Mrbob said:
I noticed the fatigue level is set to 85 percent or better for substitions. Yet Walter Payton, who ran 18 times in game two, started game 3 on the bench because his fatigue level was at 50 percent AT THE BEGINNING of game 3. WTF.
roflwtf.gif

newsguy

Mrbob said:

That's not good.

Episode 3: Barry (Sanders) is back is up.

The players passing through each other is not a gameplay problem at all. You basically only notice it upon replays and I've only seen it once.

kingpen said:
The game is sold out almost everywhere I went and I had to pick it up at a secondary game store....

Was it really sold out? Or did they just not receive it yet? I'd be really impressed if it is sold out.

APF 2K8 does seem to be catching on . . . At the 2K Sports forums, there are more posts about APF 2K8 than about MLB 2K7 . . . and they have a (third-party) exclusive on MLB. Twice as many posts about APF 2K8 than NHL 2K7! Four times as many posts about APF 2K8 than College Hoops 2K7. NBA 2K7 is their big winner though.

APF 2K8 is not going to sell anywhere near as many copies as Madden or NCAA . . . but it will be great if they can sell enough copies to warrant continued sequels. It would be great to see more legends, franchise mode, more improvements . . . . and maybe even an NFL license a few years down the road.

Kingpen

At all the gamestops it is sold out... I didn't bother with places like Target or Walmart...

I'm really anxious to hear if I need to buy 2ksports Reel maker again since I already have it on NBA2k7.... can someone please answer?

Kingpen said:
I'm really anxious to hear if I need to buy 2ksports Reel maker again since I already have it on NBA2k7.... can someone please answer?

I'd assume you do have to buy it again . . . but that is a great idea for a special deal they really should offer. They should allow you to pay once for reelmaker and then get it for all the 2K sports games . . . that would encourage people to buy more of their games.

Mrbob

speculawyer said:
I'd assume you do have to buy it again . . . but that is a great idea for a special deal they really should offer. They should allow you to pay once for reelmaker and then get it for all the 2K sports games . . . that would encourage people to buy more of their games.

Yeah reel maker should only have to be bought once.

Or they could give it away for free since EA does with NCAA, gives you more options, and lets you post movies online at easportsworld.

BirdBomb

Banned
speculawyer said:
The players passing through each other is not a gameplay problem at all. You basically only notice it upon replays and I've only seen it once.

its always a problem when players are going through each other. i have had cpu guys go through my rb to get a qb sack, and on more than one occasion i have tried to block a punt only to have the ball go right through me, and then me go right through the punter.

Oh what the hell. I was going to rent it but every single Blockbuster in my town says they don't even carry it. They act they they never even heard of it. Looks like I'm gonna have to drop $60 cause so far impressions seem really good.

Just played a pretty fun game with Z...till my connection crapped out on the last possession in a tie game :(

Only complaint I have is background music. It's old, and it's from NBA 2k7 toyota fastbreak

FrenchMovieTheme said:
dammit that niners code doesn't work! infact, there is no lowercase L or uppercase i, so i know it has to be wrong!

here is the code . . . that lower case l was actually a 't':

wuETkmXTbAycHeeArU57mtpGSu2yixuHFHpM93yzPdRN
H6L7R9hosh7JA49B22owrc

I tried it and it works.

I haven't seen anyone post this but someone ask if the line can shift. You can't make the line shift on its own but if you shift your linebackers left or right, depending on what formation, the O-line will shift automatically.

Also I haven't been online to play the game but if you go into season mode they have a playbook manager with a ****ing boatload of plays and formations that's not in the regular playbook that you can add. Aces, trips, shotguns....of every formation it seems like. Defense 3-4, 5-2, Nickel 3-3, dime 3-2. I'm like WTF?!? I hope you can take these online.

BirdBomb

Banned
D'ultimate said:
I haven't seen anyone post this but someone ask if the line can shift. You can't make the line shift on its own but if you shift your linebackers left or right, depending on what formation, the O-line will shift automatically.

Also I haven't been online to play the game but if you go into season mode they have a playbook manager with a ****ing boatload of plays and formations that's not in the regular playbook that you can add. Aces, trips, shotguns....of every formation it seems like. Defense 3-4, 5-2, Nickel 3-3, dime 3-2. I'm like WTF?!? I hope you can take these online.

you can edit your teams playbook to include all of those. do it from the 'manage team' option i believe.

anyone else try maximum passing? its way overdone imho.

I learned that the play memory is limited. On first & goal I got intercepted and they ran it back 99 yards for a touch down. :lol But the replay only started with the defender already having intercepted and running it back from the 7 yard line.

Ickey Woods scored a TD on me today and humiliated me with the Ickey shuffle. Bastard. :D

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
I'll have this tomorrow. I'm so pumped man... I love 2k.

I would've been happy with 2K5 just being backwards compatible. This is actually even better. I like the legends idea, something more fresh. I have a feeling I'll experiment more with various teams than I did when it was just standard NFL teams... I always used my squad. Shit dude... I'm getting so excited! Real football is back!

I wish I could've joined the league, but I'm way too busy lately. Sucks...

Maverick

Yeah, I stumbled upon the playbook editor today. You can infact take your custom playbook online, which is outstanding.

I loaded up a 3-4 playbook with Lambert and Joe Schmidt as my middle linebackers.

Jack Tatum at Safety.

My opponent couldn't move the ball on me at all, but unfortunately since Ricky Watters is my running back, I lost the game 7-6. :lol

I continue to be astounded by the animations in this game. Some are overdone, but what the 2K team is going for should be commended.

maynerd said:
Still waiting for someone to be awesome and make Seahawks unis! :)

A8xwnXtQYZ6ZUPd6YMwfdW7jteAfNrqgFvdTFP3zpRSozTdd8nudtHzK8jVGbdd3Qc

Here is a code for the Seahawks. I didn't make it but I tested it and it works.

bdoughty

Banned
2ksports is starting to catch up with Winning Eleven/PES for games that get a free pass for darn near everything.

APF2K8 - 400 points for video reel maker (just like the previous titles)
Oh well I will pay for it.

NCAA08 - Free uploading of pictures and videos to show off on their site or download and save them.

I tried 2k8 and it had some positive things going for it but the control issues and the bugs that carry over from 2K5 turned me off. Playing as a linebacker on defense is like chewing nails. Move the guy around with auto-strafe on and you can plan on jumping offsides if you try to shoot a gap. Plus you get stuck in the animations in many cases which lead you to burnsville. Turn it off and you player controls like a chicken with it's head cut off (especially when the strafe button is the R-Trigger) and you can't change it to be similar to other football games. Hey 2ksports... 2007 called and wanted you to know that allowing users to map their own buttons is kind of standard these days. Oh and that was nice of them to leave "auto-strafe" as the only option in ranked games. Your competition has been offering it. Remember 2ksports, competition works both ways. ;)

I knew this game was not for me when I started seeing things like the CPU no-huddle offense showing up out of nowhere and getting stuck in that formation until a dead ball hits. Which is usually because your defense can't make it back to the LOS before the CPU snaps. Saw it way too many times in 2K5 and three years later I like to see some of those kinks worked out.

It was many months and modes away from truly being deserving of a $59.99 title.

bdoughty said:
I tried 2k8 and it had some positive things going for it but the control issues and the bugs that carry over from 2K5 turned me off. Playing as a linebacker on defense is like chewing nails. Move the guy around with auto-strafe on and you can plan on jumping offsides if you try to shoot a gap. Plus you get stuck in the animations in many cases which lead you to burnsville. Turn it off and you player controls like a chicken with it's head cut off (especially when the strafe button is the R-Trigger) and you can't change it to be similar to other football games. Hey 2ksports... 2007 called and wanted you to know that allowing users to map their own buttons is kind of standard these days. Oh and that was nice of them to leave "auto-strafe" as the only option in ranked games.

You can set your custom online options to turn off auto-strafe but I guess those are not ranked games.

Kingpen

just played about an hours worth and won my first game on all-pro... This game has one of the best crowds in a football game ever. Graphics are pretty good in HD. The gameplay is what really shines though. I don't miss the NFL license at all and get a kick out of these new themed stadiums.

What a great game, madden lost some money from me this year....

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Man on man. the Flea Flicker when executed right is the most beautiful play. I hit that shit against pheenix perfectly. Safety bit on the RB. 40 yard RAINBOW to John Taylor on the post just out of the reach of the CB for a TD.

Top Bottom