• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Animal Crossing: City Folk / Let's Go to the City! Thread of Fun & Innocence

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

Information01.png
Names:
Animal Crossing: City Folk (NA)
Animal Crossing: Let's Go to the City (PAL)
Let's Go to the City: Animal Forest (JP)​
Developer:
Nintendo EAD​
Publisher:
Nintendo​
Platform:
Wii​
Release Dates:
November 16, 2008 (NA)
November 20, 2008 (JP)
December 5, 2008 (EU)
December 13, 2008 (AUS)​
Price:
$49.99 (Game)
$69.99 (Game + WiiSpeak)​
Websites:

Features01.png
Software:
Rock-solid 60 Frames Per Second
16:9 Widescreen Presentation Option​
Game:
25% New Items and Songs
Every Previous Villager and then Some
New Item Types
Huge Amount of New Clothing
Silver Tools in Addition to Golden Ones
New Nintendo Items (Tom Nook Point System):
500 points - Banana (Mario Kart)
800 points - Triple Shells (Mario Kart)
1,000 points - Yoshi's Egg
2,500 points - Bad Bro 'Stache (Wario)
3,000 points - Toad Cap
4,000 points - Peach's Parasol
5,000 points - Hero's Clothes, Varia Suit, or Wario Cap
6,000 points - Hero's Cap, Majora's Mask, or Samus Mask
6,500 points - Midna's Mask (Twilight Princess)
10,000 points - Kart (Mario Kart)​
Peripheral Support:
Wii Remote (Pointer-only Controls)
Nunchuck (Analogue Controls)
WiiSpeak
USB Keyboard
Headphones (Not Headset)​
Online:
4-player Simultaneous Online
Full Animal Crossing Experience (Roaming NPCs)
Online-Specific Gameplay Mechanics​
Miscellaneous:
Import Character Design and Catalogue From Wild World
New City Area
Save Screenshots to SD Card
Crack
Own a Game Amir0x Detests​

Gameplay01.png
Controls:
The controls in City Folk are divided into two control schemes like Wild World before it. The first is the simpler "pointer-only" controls, where you use only the Wii Remote to move your character and select things by pointing and clicking. The second style is used with the Nunchuk controller, giving you GameCube-like controls if you prefer. Unfortunately though, GameCube and the Classic controllers are not supported. City Folk offers more convenient controls than previous iterations; items can be assigned to the D-pad as in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess. Motion controls have been slightly implemented in the form of tugging on the Wii Remote to catch fish or axe trees, but there are also buttons for those if you don't favor "waggling".​
Housing:
Housing is the main gameplay motivation of the Animal Crossing games, and City Folk is no different. As previously mentioned under Tom Nook's profile, he catches you in a cycle of debt, and it's up to you to climb out of it. Generally, this means selling fruit and whatever washes up on the beach back to him in order to earn bells. Bells are the currency in Animal Crossing.​
Collecting:
Collecting items amounts to the more general Animal Crossing experience. Shirts, wallpaper, furniture, etc. all allow you an huge degree of customizing yourself and your house. In addition, collecting bugs, fish, fossils, and paintings are essential to completing your Museum, (some fossils also have a very high selling price, which forces you to decide if you want to complete the dinosaur exhibit or sell it for money).​
Socializing:
Socializing in Animal Crossing takes a large step forward with the integration of WiiSpeak, Nintendo's microphone peripheral for Wii. Animal Crossing also allows the use of a USB keyboard. While there is still a four-player maximum for online multiplayer, the town does not go into "lockdown" when players come over to visit.​
Wasting Time:
Wasting time is usually what most players do in Animal Crossing. Even if you are free of debt and have a full species list, there's still something relaxing and serene about fishing. Animal Crossing is really designed to expand to fill whatever amount of time you have to play it. Got four hours? That's cool. Only got twenty minutes? That's fine too. As long as you login once a day, you'll stay on top of things and prevent weeds from becoming too much of a problem.​

Characters01.png
Tom Nook:
This is the little raccoon bastard that owns your soul― if you're in this thread, you know who he is and what he does. Many on the Internet liken him to a mob boss, or worse (such is the case with SomethingAweful's "The Terrible Secret of Animal Crossing") because he ensnares you in a vicious cycle of debt and repayment within almost five minutes of beginning the game. Just when you thought you paid off your debt to him, he upgrades your house (he asks you, but if you say no he just ignores you), and further increases your debt count. On the other hand, he does give you a pretty spacious house by the time you fully pay him back (and there are no upgrades left), and it provides an interesting incentive to keep playing the game.​
Totakeke (K.K. Slider):
The K.K. Slider is back! Just like previous entries, he can be found in a recurring spot on Saturday nights (usually around 9 PM or so), and when you talk to him, he either plays a requested song (if you know it's exact name) or a random one. After performing, he gives you a free copy of that song so you can play it back in your house as background music. In bother Wild World and City Folk, he can be found at coffee shop The Roost.​
Mable, Able, Labelle:
The Able Sisters have been a staple of the series for over seven years― since its initial debut. However, this time there is a new addition to the formerly-duo: Labelle. Labelle works in GracieGrace, a new City-only shop dedicated to buying and selling clothes. The other two, Mable and Able, specialize in creating clothes based on patterns you create― in City Folk, you can design shirts not with a single square like previous entries, but the front, back, and sleeves instead.​
Blathers, Celeste, Brewster:
The bird trio was introduced in Wild World and makes a return here as well. Blathers is the Museum's sole caretaker; he can, for free, identify fossils and accept donations of bugs, fish, paintings, and identified fossils. Celeste is in charge of the observatory― with her help, you can chart the skies with permanent constellations, viewable at any time during the night by pressing "Up" on the D-pad. Brewster runs the aforementioned cafe, The Roost. After being desolate in an unnamed city, Blathers took him in and rented the basement of the museum to him.​
Copper, Booker:
Copper and Booker are the protectors of your town in Animal Crossing. Copper is the more uptight of the two and always watchful of suspicious activity, Booker on the other hand is more sullen and self-doubting. Copper allows you to open your town Gate and change the flag colors, while you can get free items from Booker as he is in charge of Lost and Found.​
Crazy Redd:
Crazy Redd opens his own, permanent shop in the City in City Folk. Previously, he operated out of a small tent which could only hold three or so items at a time, presumably because his prices were so "crazy" they had to be illegal. Redd is also the primary method from which to obtain rare paintings, although there's a good chance it's a counterfeit, and will be refused by Blathers. It's doubtful his move to a permanent location marks the end of his under-the-table shenanigans, but as long as the price is right, who cares?​
Gracie:
Gracie is the mega-model-slash-superbitch of the Animal Crossing world. In previous games, she had you complete menial work in order to receive a harsh criticism of your current outfit and a better "alternative" for it. In City Folk she opens up her own shop in the City, run by Labelle.​
Joan:
Joan is a stock stalk market intermediary that can sell you turnips; you can sell these back to Tom Nook later in the week to make a profit if the buying price has risen. She appears on Sunday mornings roaming the town, and can sell two types of turnips: white turnips which can be bought in bulk and the value of which varies depending on the day of the week (and need to be sold before the week is over and they rot), and red turnips, which need to be planted and take a week of constant watering to grow full, but offer a more substantial reward.​
Katrina:
Katrina is the little black cat soothsayer, not unlike a certain Courage the Cowardly Dog character. She predicts your fortune for a few bells.​
Lyle:
Lyle is your "insurance agent", of whom you pay a one-time fee to and he pays you back if you trip, get stung by bees, or if you buy a counterfeit painting. He also occassionally shows up and asks you a survey of questions that allow the game to determine when you want certain events triggered.​
Dr. Shrunk:
Dr. Shrunk moves into a permanent theater in the City with this game, allowing you to gain or change emoticons at any time, rather than waiting for him to show up. Emoticons in Animal Crossing are buttons on the virtual keyboard that trigger your character to perform the selected emotion, such as "cold", "happy", etc.​
Mayor Tortimer:
Tortimer is the executive of your Animal Crossing town. He shows up occassionally during festivals and contests, and in the GameCube game eventually allowed you to build a bridge across the river. In City Folk, as in the GameCube game, he once again leaves the lighthouse in your hands while he is on vacation, and gives you a special item if you remember to turn its line on every night until he returns. Some villagers speculate he became rich of the stalk market and controls the town with a corrupt fist, the evidence being there are no taxes or elections in your town.​
Holiday NPCs:
Holiday characters are back! Like in the original GameCube game, these only show up on specific, region-tailored holidays and give you exclusive furnature or other items if you complete tasks for them before the holiday is over. Jingle, Jack, and a new Easter Egg Day rabbit named Zipper are confirmed.​
Mr. Resetti:
Mr. Resetti is the poor, tragic bastard of the Animal Crossing world. The deal is that if you don't save your game before the console turns off, he'll show up next time you boot the game up and yell at you. If you do it enough times, he'll make you do ridiculous things like type a certain phrase before letting you play the game. In City Folk, he can be found in a tunnel beneath the City area and gives you the Silver Shovel if you pester him enough. Character art of his cousin, Vicious Vole Vinnie, has surfaced for City Folk, but at this time his role is unknown.​
*images coming soon​

Media01.png
Screens:

Videos:

(1. E3 2008 Trailer, 2. Winter Fruit Picking, 3. Halloween)​

Reviews01.png
Magazines:
9 / 10 (NRevolution)
7 / 10 (EDGE)
8 / 10 (Nintendo Power)
9 / 10 (Official Nintendo Magazine)
33 / 40 (Famitsu)​
Websites:
C (1up)
4 / 5 (X-Play)
3.5 / 5 (GamePro)
4.4 / 5 (Cheat Code Central)
8.0 / 10 (CVG)
8.0 / 10 (IGN UK)
7.5 / 10 (GameSpot)
7.5 / 10 (IGN | Video Review)​
Aggregate:
73% (MetaCritic)
74% (GameRankings)​

FurtherPlaying01.png
Animal Forest: The Movie:
20060516_05_dobuthunomori.jpg

The Animal Crossing (Animal Forest) original video animation debuted in Japanese theaters on December 16, 2006 and on DVD on July 25, 2007. It chronicles the life of a young girl named Ai as she moves into an Animal Crossing town and makes friends and memories. While obviously little-kid-oriented, I thought it was enjoyable enough to warrant forty minutes or so, especially if you have a high tolerance for extreme cuteness. Unfortunately, there are no plans to release the film in America (subtitled or dubbed), but thankfully YouTube is kind enough to offer a version with English subtitles. Just watch each part in sequence and enjoy.​
Super Smash Bros. Brawl:
AnimalCrossingVillageinSSBB_1188282.jpg

Now this is more suited to most gamers' tastes. The Animal Crossing stage in Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Smashville) was one of the first stages revealed for the game back in July 2007, and even prompted IGN AU to theorize on the then-announced Animal Crossing Wii based on the stage's makeup. It is unlocked from the start of the game and is a relatively "fair" stage as it consists of one large platform, and a smaller unmoving one (in addition to gifts that fly by every now and then), making it is one of the only tourney-legal and fully neutral stages in Brawl. The stage itself is suspended high over an Animal Crossing town, with the main platform hosting various NPCs from the series depending on the time. On Saturday nights, Totakeke plays a song in the background, just like in all the games.​

Barrett2

animal-crossing-city-folk-20080715111441920.jpg

I honestly can't tell if this is from the Wii version or the DS version. Good Lord...

I loved the DS game, but I don't feel like buying it again.

I'm in the same boat as lawlbob.

Actually, I initially loved the DS game but then I didn't have anyone to play with and lost interest.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First post and the trolling has begun... good lord GAF, have some decency.

On an unrelated note this is my first official thread! Sweating with nervousness right now at how well it goes over...

I practically learned a bit of The GIMP just to do the transparency. :lol

Regulus Tera said:
"Welcome to NeoGAF's Offical"?

Is that wrong? O_O??!?!?

I hate to since I am playing SO MANY OTHER GAMES right now but I'm definitely buying this when it comes out Sunday.

AC Wii along with Brawl are the REASONS I bought a Wii way back when.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The thread title should've been "Official Animal Crossing: Wild World: Wii Edition thread of Copy & Paste"

Sorry Andrex :(

renzo

One of the editors in the office is playing it for 4 days now, is exactly the same thing as the DS version, i wonder if that´s bad...

I´m not interested

Barrett2

Andrex said:
First post and the trolling has begun... good lord GAF, have some decency.

On an unrelated note this is my first official thread! Sweating with nervousness right now at how well it goes over...

Sorry for the troll, couldn't resist. :lol

As for your first official thread, I think you did a nice job. When I go to an official thread, I want basic retail info, screen shots, and story info; all of which you included.

DuckRacer

I'll play alongside everyone else with Wild World; our experiences should be close enough.

/troll

Nice official thread, too, Andrex. (serious here)

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
grandjedi6 said:
Official (forgot an "i")

Damn it.

DAMNIT.

grandjedi6 said:
Actually it is.

Is it or isn't it? I'd rather not get banned. o_0

Dascu said:
For a second there, I thought it said "Amir0x" as thread creator.

Good thread though Andrex. ;)

That would've been very... ironic, but in a "wtf??" way. :p

Thanks. :D

Duck said:
I'll play alongside everyone else with Wild World; our experiences should be close enough.

/troll

Nice official thread, too, Andrex. (serious here)

Thanks x2. :)

lawblob said:
As for your first official thread, I think you did a nice job. When I go to an official thread, I want basic retail info, screen shots, and story info; all of which you included.

I tried to make it as clean and easily accessible as possible (omg just like da game :O), indenting the hell out of everything, etc.

Thanks too. :)

dyls

renzo said:
One of the editors in the office is playing it for 4 days now, is exactly the same thing as the DS version, i wonder if that´s bad...

I´m not interested

Is there at least some new furniture and clothing and such? If not, my wife is going to be very unhappy. I understand that Nintendo figures that there are tons of Wii owners that have never played an Animal Crossing game before and thus won't care about the similarities, but what about the 10 million or so people who bought Wild World?

Nice OP, by the way.

swerve

So based upon the Japanese 'Iwata Asks', it looks like the game communicates with other Wiis via Connect24 and will transfer characters between friends' towns - with their experiences and letters - even when you don't explicitly link up.

Maybe it'll finally realise the potential of that idea. It'll certainly make the conversations with villagers a lot more amusing.

renzo

dyls said:
Is there at least some new furniture and clothing and such? If not, my wife is going to be very unhappy. I understand that Nintendo figures that there are tons of Wii owners that have never played an Animal Crossing game before and thus won't care about the similarities, but what about the 10 million or so people who bought Wild World?

Yes there´s new stuff for the AC whorin, ont of the wors things from the DS version was if anyone disconnected from a party, everyone else gets kicked, this also happens in City Folk.

The price for furniture in the city is absurd,

Delio

renzo said:
Yes there´s new stuff for the AC whorin, ont of the wors things from the DS version was if anyone disconnected from a party, everyone else gets kicked, this also happens in City Folk.

Well the Furniture in the City IS a expensive set directly from Gracie so. Anyways i plan on getting this even though i played the mess out of Wild World. I only got a taste of AC on the gamecube so i feel i like enjoy this. New clothes and items are in.

dyls

renzo said:

Cool, then she'll be happy. The party thing won't bother her much as she doesn't care much about the online aspects, other than shopping in the city. She played Wild World for a year straight, not missing a single day. I don't see that happening this time around, partly because of the lack of portability.

renzo

The thing is, they could probably make this for DS, would sell more, that Smash Bros Background looks better than the entire game:lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'd love to find this early in Toronto, but 2000 Wii Points with Animal Crossing bundle at EBgames (Canada only?) is too good to pass up.

Tim-E

I haven't played Wild World since it was released and I haven't had it for a long time, so even if this game is similar to the others, I don't really care and I'm just happy to have another Animal Crossing game.

D-Pad

Dear Nintendo, that is not a city. That is a shopping plaza. And a big FU for not giving us some new hourly tunes. And I love you for letting me hear 2AM through my stereo system.

Awesome thread, btw! I'll most definately be picking this up Sunday. City Folk [from the Forest shopping at a Plaza] seems to combine AC GCN and WW, which would make my mother (GCN fan) and myself (WW fan) very happy, indeed. Plus the new downloadable furniture thing is going to RAWK!

EIDT -
EvilMario said:
I'd love to find this early in Toronto, but 2000 Wii Points with Animal Crossing bundle at EBgames (Canada only?) is too good to pass up.

Awwww... Canada only? Anyone know if Gamestop/Ebgames are doing this in the States?

mj1108 said:
Just a heads up....your Costco may have it now.

Costco in Merced, CA:
Any non-west coast stores have it early? I know it's basically the same game as the Gamecube one but for some reason I can't wait for the 16th (haven't had that happen since Twilight Princess). It sucks I let my GF borrow my Gamecube since I really want to play some console AC right now. Ah well, 2 more days.

Also, great thread Andrex. I was also shocked to see amirox do an AC thread, but I quickly figured that wasn't the case since we know that would never happen.

D-Pad

salva said:
Wow looking at those screenshots i thought i was looking at the DS version

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. U R SOOOO RITE.

Seriously, yes, it looks like the DS version, copy-paste etc, get over it please.

Xizer

Banned
salva said:
Wow looking at those screenshots i thought i was looking at the DS version

Yep, it's basically Animal Crossing (GameCube) in !!WIDESCREEN!!

Then again... what Wii games aren't?

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
fantastic o.p. nice work.

playing animal crossing is like meditative gaming. something very serene about booting it up, walking out of your house to see it's raining, and running around digging fossils while that soothing music plays. . . just, lovely.

nothing else in gaming like it.

renzo

Would be awesome if the Wii version was based on the anime, with the same art direction, character creation, 8 player online.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
I was a huge defender of this game when it was announced, but I'm not going to be getting this game.

I played THE HELL out of Wild World... I play it multiple times a week, even to this day... but this game doesn't feel like it's offering that much new stuff.

It's just too similar and I can't see buying it right now. :(

Oh come on, you seriously expect us all to come in here and go "nah, let's not point out things like it's identical to the DS game".

JSnake

Gonna get this game for Christmas. I do adore AC but just way too many games right now (coupled with highschool) for me to fit something like AC into my schedule.

Oh and you guys really, REALLY need to go back and boot up the DS game.

Koomaster

Excellent Thread, glad someone made one. Cannot Wait! I have been hooked on AC since Day 1 on GC and have been playing either that or Wild World everyday since. It's gonna be so emotional to switch over to City Folk.

I have been preparing my town for the move, packing up all my hybrids so they don't wilt, and sending goodbye letters to my residents. ;____;

My ground turned a purple-ish hue today in Wild World - soon it will be winter. I may drop in again to see the snow fall.

Barrett2

Koomaster said:
Excellent Thread, glad someone made one. Cannot Wait! I have been hooked on AC since Day 1 on GC and have been playing either that or Wild World everyday since. It's gonna be so emotional to switch over to City Folk.

Curious, how many hours do you have logged in Wild World?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
how is the online implemented? Can other people only visit your town when you're online? No way for them to visit while you're away?

I'm hoping for a version eventually where your town is stored on Nintendo's servers so my friends can visit and leave presents/messages and mess my place up while I'm not there - surely thats the only proper way to do it?

GhaleonQ

Honestly, guys, look through the strategy guide before you buy.

Pros:
Awesome new Nintendo items.
1/4 of the items are new.
An insane amount of clothes this time.
Every villager from both games, plus more (220-something?).
New item types.

Cons:
Only 40 K.K. Slider songs, and 3/4 of them are old.
Mostly the same museum stuff.
Mostly the same house items.
Mostly the same special villagers.

Koomaster

lawblob said:
Curious, how many hours do you have logged in Wild World?
How can you tell, is there a hidden timer? Most days I turn it on for at least half an hour to water all my gardens. I have 500+ flowers all over town so they need a lot of care.

Other days it is longer if I want to write letters or if there is a special visitor in town.

Sundays are usually my longest day since I buy so many turnips I have to just 'store' them all over town. I tend to spend ~500K-1Million bells and it usually takes 90+ minutes just for doing that.

Rough Estimate I would say 5hours a week x 52 weeks/yr x ~3 years = ~780 hours?

vumpler

If You Can't Beat 'Em, Talk Shit About 'Em
Wow these graphics are terrible. They look as bad as the gamecube version.

Oh well, day one for me. It's a mandatory game for my wifey.

Edit: Oh nevermind the videos look way better.

Stitch

Gold Member
does this game at least give you some 'quests' or do you still just go fishing, bug hunting and fossil digging? because i already did that in the ds version and it got boring very fast...

Tim-E

mrklaw said:
how is the online implemented? Can other people only visit your town when you're online? No way for them to visit while you're away?

I'm hoping for a version eventually where your town is stored on Nintendo's servers so my friends can visit and leave presents/messages and mess my place up while I'm not there - surely thats the only proper way to do it?

No, you can't visit people's towns while they are away. Although apparently you can visit the Happy Room Academy and check the scores of your friends and look at their houses or something.

Stitch said:
does this game at least give you some 'quests' or do you still just go fishing, bug hunting and fossil digging? because i already did that in the ds version and it got boring very fast...

You can do chores and whatnot for your neighbors, like you could in the previous two games.

Information from the guide concerning tool upgrades and other minutia has been making the rounds.
Axe: 400 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)
Golden Axe: Serena (after throwing an axe into the town fountain)
The difference: Silver axes will never break. Golden axes will also never break, and cut trees down much faster.

Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Net: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Net: From Tortimer after catching every bug.
The difference: the Silver net is a bit bigger than the normal net, while the golden net makes catching bugs 'a breeze'

Shovel: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Shovel: Resetti Surveillance Center
Golden Shovel: Bury a Shovel for four days.
The difference: a Silver shovel gives you a 10% chance for more bells when you're smacking rocks. The Golden Shovel allows you to plant Bell trees.

Fishing Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Rod: 500 bells from Nook's shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Rod: From Tortimer after catching every fish.
The difference: Silver rods have better lures than normal rods, making fishing a bit easier. Golden Rods 'is a real fish magnet!'

Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop
Silver Slingshot: 500 bells from Nook's Shop (after level 2 upgrade)
Golden Slingshot: Balloon (after shooting at least eight balloons)
The difference: The silver slingshot fires two bullets instead of one, while the Golden slingshot fires three.

Watering Can: 500 bells from Nook's shop
Silver Watering Can: From Nook's Shop after buying 50 bags of seeds
Golden Watering Can: From Town Hall after maintaining a perfect town for 15 days straight.
The difference: The silver watering can has a wider radius for sprinkling water. The Golden can.. well it doesn't say the perks, but I'm pretty sure it severely helps the success rate of plants growing.
About the shovel and axe
There is a new place in the game called Resseti's Survelleince Center. Check out the City Tunnel every weekday at 8pm and he may be there! He wants you to leave, and may even give you a silver shovel to go away! These shovels can knock more bells out of rocks than before!
Serena - After you've donated enough bells to your town to have a town fountain, toss an axe into the fountain and have this mystical mouse come out of it (Zelda, anyone?). She'll ask you some questions, and your answers will determine whether or not you get a Silver or Golden Axe.
Finally, Tom Nook's points system holds a bunch of new Nintendo-themed items
500 points - Banana (like the Mario Kart weapon)
800 points - Triple Shells (again, Mario Kart)
1,000 points - Yoshi's egg
2,500 points - Bad bro 'stache (It's-a Wario!)
3,000 points - Toad hat
4,000 points - Peach's Parasol
5,000 points - Hero's Clothes, Varia suit, or Wario hat
6,000 points - Hero's cap, Majora's mask, or Samus Mask
6,500 points - Midna's Mask (Twilight Princess)
10,000 points - Kart (from Mario Kart)

I always said that Wild World, on a console, with real world holidays and WiFi play would be the ultimate Animal Crossing.

So yeah I'll be buying it!

Tiktaalik

I played Wild World every day for months, but from what I've seen of this title so far I'm not sure if I should buy it, or just go back and play Wild World again to get my Animal Crossing fix. For someone whose played Wild Word what exactly is new?

Those movies are cranking up the hype level for me. Ahhhh damn....

Haruspex

Banned
Nice thread, needs more pictures of the characters though!

I'm unsure as to whether I want to go through the whole routine of Animal Crossing again, I have it on Gamecube and DS and there isn't really any incentive to get City Folk aside from WiiSpeak. I hope there are lots of subtle nuances in the gameplay, dialogue and item list that will make AC fans like myself feel compelled to pick it up and be scalped by that kulak swine Tom Nook yet again.

... oh and cliffs are back, yay!

d+pad

My god, some of you trolls in here are pathetic. Legitimate complaints can be made against this game, but saying it looks "just like" the GC and DS versions isn't one of them. Watch one of the videos posted in the OP and you'll see that - if you aren't blind.

That said, I'm still disappointed Nintendo decided to make this more of an upgrade than a sequel. There are so many things that could have been done to this series to take it to the next level (visually as well as content-wise), but for whatever reason the designers decided to stick close to the formula that made the first two versions popular. Sigh.

Top Bottom