• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Batman: Arkham Knight Trailer – “Gotham is Mine”

Agreed. I feel like this is the first real trailer this game has had.

You mean something that's edited like a movie trailer with gameplay interspersed throughout?

This isn't even a debate.

It is in the Arkham series. Conroy at his best is the best overall, but in this series he hasn't been that great. Roger Craig Smith did a better job in Origins and what Conroy did in Asylum and City. DOn't know whether it's the script or voice direction, but that's what we got.

Alienous

Has anyone read issue #1 of the Arkham Knight comic? It's super cheap and it provides some interesting insight into Arkham Knight as a character (although, if this issue is a sign of things to come, it might become too dependant on referencing Arkham Origins, which I'm not sure even Rocksteady plan on doing).

I love me some Tazia Valenza (voice of Ivy), her voice makes me nostalgic. She'll always be Sniper Wolf and (Dissidia) Ultimecia though.

Bold One

I always found The Dark Knight Rises to be more of a film about Gotham itself rather than just Batman

Nolan's films were protracted cop dramas though

anyway this looks neat, played the first 2, skipped origins. I wont be there Day 1, but I will play this

Doomedfool

Ugh! June feels so far away. lol. Definitely the game I am looking the most forward to this year, and that trailer only makes the wait worse. ;)

Ephemeris

Coworker: First words out your mouth after seeing the new trailer.. go!
*watches trailer*
Me: I want to get this game pregnant.

Kezen

Banned
Definitely want to get this on PC. SLI 970's should get me 60fps at 1440p.

At this res it's possible that if you push settings too high the VRAM usage will exceed 3.5gb. I think it's going to bite this GPU in the ass in a number of future games.

Less of an issue in my case (1080p).

Can't wait for it.

Hope they have Court of the Owls in some fashion, either as DLC or the main story. Don't want them relegated to a 20 minute side mission like Shiva was.

BFIB

Got a strong feeling this is going to lead to a lot of new PS4/Xbox One owners.

I'd love a remastered collection of the first three games too. 1080P/60FPS.

Tsukumo

Wow, Firefly and Ivy out of nowhere :D
I'm still sure the game will be delayed though.
Rocksteady is doing an AMA on Reddit tomorrow, guess I'll have my answers from there.
Also, to people who read the prequel comic:
do they make any reference to the Court of Owls?

Liking all the changes that they made to the villains. Harley is definitely looking a bit like Margot.

16645369395_b4d3bea5f8_b.jpg

Riddler really looks like he went off the deep end.

For someone who skipped origins, is there a summary anywhere? Or do you think it really matters?

Probably on wikipedia, I don't think it matters that much but I dunno. Some things are explained in Origins that were kind of wierd in Arkham Asylum/City. Firefly was in origin and he appears in this trailer as well.

I couldn't watch the video(at work), do we know the release date??

June 2nd, not too far away. Hope it comes with BvS trailer :p.

kodecraft

You mean something that's edited like a movie trailer with gameplay interspersed throughout?

It is in the Arkham series. Conroy at his best is the best overall, but in this series he hasn't been that great. Roger Craig Smith did a better job in Origins and what Conroy did in Asylum and City. DOn't know whether it's the script or voice direction, but that's what we got.

Finally more of you are starting to see Roger Craig Smith is the better Batman in this Arkham series, really wish he would have done Batman for the last epic Arkham Knight.

Conroy has done the Batman forever, and it shows monotone dialed in delivery. Nostalgia just got some of you delusional.

Getting this game day one on PC.

Mockerre

[Too many quotes to, well, quote ;)]

I mean, you could have shown me this footage and say it was from AC or AO and I would have believed you. I also cannot tell CoD games apart; I can tell Assassin's Creed games by the look of the protagonist and a distinct location. I would have just preferred something a bit different, maybe something more low-key, something in other locations, an Azrael story (or is he supposed to be the Gotham Knight?), something that is not 'goons take over the city' ;)

Most hyped I've ever been for a game. Namely because rocksteady has already produced two of my favorite games of all time and they looking they're gonna do it again. Taking a week off work for this.

Big Dog

So Scarecrow clearly does not seem like Johnathon Crane. I know most people think there's going to be an Arkham Knight reveal twist but I'm betting on it more for Scarecrow.

I was wondering how far in to the thread it would be until someone mentioned the major difference in Scarecrow. Definitely not the same person. They seem to be teasing something about the Scarecrows face when they flash light on it at the end of the trailer as well. Hard to tell but he may have a fucked up face under that mask.

This, TPP, Bloodborne, and Zelda Wii U in the same year?

I don't know if I can handle all that awesomeness in one year...if FFXV ended up coming out this year. I know it won't, but still.

Gonna be a great year of games!

Also, damn Scarecrow looks disturbing. I can't say I'm too surprised that Arkham Knight is rated M, the atmosphere is absolutely horrifying! Quite appropriate, considering the villain. Its about time Scarecrow gets some spotlight, IMO!

Top Bottom