• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

Rlan said:
This.. doesn't really make any sense. Hudson has already releases New Adventure Island, which was an up-port of the original game to the TG-16. Why would they release the same game again? Shouldn't they be concentrating on Adventure Island II, III, (maybe) IV and the Super titles?

BLAH!!!

Who cares?

The original is BETTER anyway, imo!

I've been waiting for this one to be announced :D

chidrock

Anybody know what's going on with Zombies Ate My Neighbors? I know the game was rated a while back...

Is it possible that they might try to make a remake and include that as a bonus if it isn't coming to one of the consoles' networks?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
jarrod said:
You mean Wonder Boy? I agree! :D

But why Sega didin't release an arcade perfect port for Genesis/Megadrive? :-/

Which is the best way to play the game on consoles?

I've never played NAI on TG16, but I know all the "story" occurred between this series and SEGA's Wonderboy iterations; in the end how close NAI really is to Wonder Boy?

Do you guys think a Wonder Boy arcade enthusiast like me would be satisfied anyway?

robot

Torn between picking up Dynamite Headdy or Legend of the Mystical Ninja. I owned LotMN on Snes and remember sucking at it, but it was great from what I remember. My brother owned Dynamite Headdy and loved it, but I never got into it.

Decisions Decisions! Maybe I'll just get both.

jarrod

Banned
robot said:
Torn between picking up Dynamite Headdy or Legend of the Mystical Ninja. I owned LotMN on Snes and remember sucking at it, but it was great from what I remember. My brother owned Dynamite Headdy and loved it, but I never got into it.

Decisions Decisions! Maybe I'll just get both.
Headdy >>>> Goemon

Both are great though, I'd just splurge. :D

Laurent

Hey guys... Where is my DVD Player? Didn't Reggie said back at E3 2005 that Revolution (or maybe it was Wii in 2006) will have a software update allowing the hardware to read video DVDs. Did I dream this?

Eiolon

Laurent said:
Hey guys... Where is my DVD Player? Didn't Reggie said back at E3 2005 that Revolution (or maybe it was Wii in 2006) will have a software update allowing the hardware to read video DVDs. Did I dream this?

I am not sure about that. But I found this from Wikipedia:

A Nintendo spokesperson has announced that the company plans to release a version of the console with DVD-Video playback capabilities in 2007.[40] Even though software will be used to enable DVD-Video functionality, it "requires more than a firmware upgrade" and cannot therefore be implemented through the WiiConnect24 network.[40]

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
Capndrake said:
EU VC update:

-Drop Off (TG)
-Dynamite Headdy (MD)
-Shining Force (MD)
-Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (MD)

So how come I haven't got the damn update yet.

Laurent

A Nintendo spokesperson has announced that the company plans to release a version of the console with DVD-Video playback capabilities in 2007.[40] Even though software will be used to enable DVD-Video functionality, it "requires more than a firmware upgrade" and cannot therefore be implemented through the WiiConnect24 network.[40]
Bullshit... I am convince that Reggie said something about the DVD-Video playback, but saying that it cannot be done simply with a (maybe huge) firmware update is total B.S. At least they could sale the Wiiware...

TJ Spyke

Mark D said:
I quickly noticed the trend in Wii points cards being a little more expensive in stores (same with Microsoft points I believe), so I get my points exclusively through the VC menu via credit card.

I don't have that choice (unless I use someon else's card) because the Wii Shop Channel doesn't want to accept my debit card (even though it is valid and Nintendo says that debit cards work with it).

Eiolon

Debit cards should work. I use mine all the time. You just have to make sure it has a Visa or Mastercard symbol to work. If it isn't working, I am not sure what's up but it works for me.

TJ Spyke

It is, it's a Visa debit card. I can get all the way to the last step, and that is where I get the problem. I haven't tried it in several months though, so maybe it would work now (I can't try though since I have less than $10 in my account).

Ranger X

Eiolon said:
I am not sure about that. But I found this from Wikipedia:

Looks like bull.
First of all it's not true that it needs something else than a firmware update. The Wii discs ARE dvd tech. The only thing missing for the Wii to read DVDs is to be able to recognise boot codes and deal with region locking. This can be totally done in a firmware update.

Ranger X said:
Looks like bull.
First of all it's not true that it needs something else than a firmware update. The Wii discs ARE dvd tech. The only thing missing for the Wii to read DVDs is to be able to recognise boot codes and deal with region locking. This can be totally done in a firmware update.
I remember seeing on this board how all DVD players must have some sort of digital audio output on them such as coax or optical? Since the Wii doesn't have one, wouldn't this be an issue?

jarrod

Banned
EphemeralDream said:
I remember seeing on this board how all DVD players must have some sort of digital audio output on them such as coax or optical? Since the Wii doesn't have one, wouldn't this be an issue?
Only with DVD Forum licensing... Nintendo could get around it if they offered the proper sound output on newer Wiis but released the "DVD Channel" as a download.

chidrock

TJ Spyke said:
I don't have that choice (unless I use someon else's card) because the Wii Shop Channel doesn't want to accept my debit card (even though it is valid and Nintendo says that debit cards work with it).

Try calling up your card company...sometimes they block internet sales from happening. That might be what's going on for you.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I'd just like to state that when Terranigma gets released on this, I will run down my street naked in elation and adrenalin.

CreatureX3 said:
Alright so what's on everyone's wishlist? List your top 5:

1. Sin & Punishment (N64)
2. Super Fantasy Zone (Genesis)
3. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
4. Earthbound (SNES)
5. Galaga '88 (TG-16)

:D
Yes! Galaga'90 hits this Monday! Hopefully the other four games on my wishlist come out soon as well... :D

ethelred

Synless said:
any word on super metroid coming soon? or maybe super mario rpg?

I wouldn't really expect to see Super Mario RPG so soon after Paper Mario... but then, I didn't expect to see Paper Mario so soon after Super Paper Mario, so what the **** do I know.

Still, if we're to see a Nintendo-published RPG release, I'd rather they go with something more unique compared to the current library -- we have few enough RPGs on the Virtual Console that releasing another Mario RPG would just be a waste when they could be releasing, say, Earthbound.

Sharp

Synless said:
any word on super metroid coming soon? or maybe super mario rpg?
Don't be ridiculous. If a game that awesome were coming out, (1) it would have been rerated on the ESRB, which I don't think either is at this point, and (2) it would come out in PAL regions first.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
I expect Super Metroid to MAYBE (unlikely) hit right RIGHT before Metroid Prime 3, or else hit after if sales are not up to expectations (as a way to get people interested in Metroid)

I think that is largely what Paper Mario was hoping for, interest gain in Super Paper Mario, at least as far as I can guess :lol

Of course who knows Nintendo? I mean really everyone made fun of the Wii but at the same time it sure is slaughtering the market *cough*

Sharp said:
Don't be ridiculous. If a game that awesome were coming out, (1) it would have been rerated on the ESRB, which I don't think either is at this point, and (2) it would come out in PAL regions first.

Both games were re-rated by the ESRB and were on the website for quite some time. A search now brings up no results of either, oddly enough.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
ethelred said:
I wouldn't really expect to see Super Mario RPG so soon after Paper Mario... but then, I didn't expect to see Paper Mario so soon after Super Paper Mario, so what the **** do I know.

Still, if we're to see a Nintendo-published RPG release, I'd rather they go with something more unique compared to the current library -- we have few enough RPGs on the Virtual Console that releasing another Mario RPG would just be a waste when they could be releasing, say, Earthbound.
And then maybe if it sold well we'd see the trilogy on the GBA or DS!

Get real, Mario RPG will be released way before Earthbound.

5 Likely to Appear
1. Super Metroid
2. Super Mario Kart
3. Mega Man X
4. Samurai Shodown 2 (never played any SNK fighters and this one is pretty legendary)
5. Phantasy Star II (haven't played any of these either)

Unlikely to Appear (Licensing issues, possibly never to be supported)
1. Perfect Dark
2. Fire Emblem 4 or 5
3. CHRONO TRIGGER (Square-Enix's current douchebag approach makes me believe this will not show up within the reasonable future)
4. Dracula X: Rondo of Blood

Shard

XBLAnnoyance
WII-KLY UPDATE: THREE NEW CLASSIC GAMES ANNOUNCED FOR WII SHOP CHANNEL

Aug. 6, 2007

What makes a game truly classic? Is it unforgettable graphics or timeless characters? Is it crisp realism or mesmerizing fantasy realms? The answer, of course, is all of the above, and this week's additions to the Wii Shop Channel cover the whole gamut. From wild water sports to heroic puzzling to intergalactic space battles, these newly available titles are proven favorites you'll learn to love all over again on your Wii™.

Today Nintendo adds three new classic games to the popular Wii video game system's Wii Shop Channel. The games go live at 9 a.m. Pacific time. Nintendo adds new games to the channel every Monday. Wii owners with a high-speed Internet connection can redeem Wii Points™ to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel or at retail outlets. This week's new games are:

Wave Race® 64 (Nintendo® 64, 1-2 players, rated E for Everyone, 1,000 Wii Points): Take to the waves on your own personal watercraft and experience some of the best water effects in video game history. Choose one of four characters, each with his/her own unique abilities and style, and master the game's excellent controls. Make your way through nine courses, each with its own challenges. If the ramps, mines and hairpin turns aren't enough, you'll also have to deal with varying weather conditions that can make the water choppy or cover the course with fog. And if you ever feel like taking a break from racing, then try out Stunt Mode to polish your skills by pulling off handstands, rolls and more. Get good enough and you might even be able to ride a dolphin-just don't get seasick.

ADVENTURES OF LOLO™ (NES®, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 500 Wii Points): This was the first game in the Eggerland puzzle series to be released in North America. After the love of his life, Lala, is kidnapped by the Great Devil and taken to a haunted castle, our hero Lolo sets out to rescue her. The journey is perilous because the Great Devil's fortress is guarded by a massive army. But Lolo has a few tricks up his sleeve, including a Magic Shot that turns enemies into eggs and an Emerald Framer that shields him from attacks. Combining clever environmental puzzles with tricky enemies and an engaging style, ADVENTURES OF LOLO is a true classic.

GALAGA™ '90 (TurboGrafx16, 1 player, rated E for Everyone, 600 Wii Points): This is an updated version of the classic arcade shooter Galaga. Set in the vast reaches of space, you will fight your way through all 29 rounds to reach the enemies' stronghold on Planet Galaga. Game levels consist of a few rounds with changing enemies and backgrounds. To top it off, the nostalgic "Galactic Dancing" lives on to mark the end of each level. With the new addition of dimensions, you can choose your attack route. Collect capsules and open dimension warps at branch sections to take on even tougher enemies. GALAGA '90's inclusion of the triple fighter, scrolling backgrounds, boss Galaga and even new system effects make it nothing less than a masterpiece.

Top Bottom