• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official bitching about Hudson abandoning VC support. [VC/WiiWare = lost cause]

SonicMegaDrive said:
Somebody confirm for me if Tetris contains 'Korobeiniki'.

That is the deal-breaker for me.

Yes it does, you can hear it in the trailers for the game. Incredible maze sounds interesting (Hey, another Balace Board game!) Impressions please!

Good to see Hudson getting their due as well with the VC games.

Awesome! Tetris. I felt certain I posted when I looked in this thread about four hours ago. I must have just thought my post very hard and then moved on to thinking of falling blocks.

Yuuuuuuuus!

Tetris Party shall be mine when I wake up.

Honestly, been really anticipating this game, I foretell hours and hours of fun.

The VC/WW glory continues!

<3 Nintendo.

TunaLover

SonicMegaDrive said:
Somebody confirm for me if Tetris contains 'Korobeiniki'.

That is the deal-breaker for me.

mmh I really doubt that they includes the original ones, the remixed ones aren't so good, we know this with Dr. Mario =(.

*Goes hear Kalinka on SSBB*

Gradius 2 is so totally worth it. It's wayyyyy more playable than part 3 and just all around a better game.

Unfortunately I already own the arcade version available on the PSP collection so it's likely I may not get the PCE CD edition. Shame.

Iam Canadian

and have the worst user name EVER
Gradius II is nice, don't get me wrong, but I'm still holding out for Parodius.

Also, I'll await impressions on Tetris before I buy it.

Teknoman

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Gradius 2 is so totally worth it. It's wayyyyy more playable than part 3 and just all around a better game.

Unfortunately I already own the arcade version available on the PSP collection so it's likely I may not get the PCE CD edition. Shame.

Same here. The only Gradius i'd ever need to buy would be the wiiware game or Gradius VI, whenever that hits.

Tain

Why don't they release arcade games?

Has anybody made any official statements about that sort of thing?

The TG-CD version of Gradius II is fine, but it just made me curious.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
Because it's easier (aka cheaper) to emulate five or six consoles and come out with roms for them than it is to emulate tons of different arcade boards?

andymcc

Banned
The PC-E Gradius II has the awesome PC-E CD cutscenes though! I played the shit out of it before I had any of the Gradius compilations.

Konami really needs to release the neat Famicom Gradius II. It's worth a playthrough, probably the best shooter on the system.

Edit: If they're releasing Japanese Konami PC-E games... where the hell is Dracula X?

The PCE version of Gradius II also has the exclusive Egyptian themed stage. Recommended for that if nothing else. (Not that it doesn't have more beyond that of course.)

The Famicom version of Gradius II is awesome, but as far as shmups go on that system, it has Life Force, Crisis Force, Zanac, and Recca to contend with.

Neo Samus

andymcc said:
The PC-E Gradius II has the awesome PC-E CD cutscenes though! I played the shit out of it before I had any of the Gradius compilations.

Konami really needs to release the neat Famicom Gradius II. It's worth a playthrough, probably the best shooter on the system.

Edit: If they're releasing Japanese Konami PC-E games... where the hell is Dracula X?

This is the first Konami import on TG-16/PC-E. Give it some time, we very well could see Dracula X in the near future.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
TunaLover said:
:O

It's me or the art style serie names sound more male'ish/hard
Cubello
Orbient
Rotohex

And the Bit generatiosn sound more femenine/neutral/soft
Coloris
Orbital
Dialhex

?
Cubello is not related to Coloris. It's an original game. I thought we already settled this.

Shig said:
Cubello is not related to Coloris. It's an original game. I thought we already settled this.

Cubes are the same as thing as squares! And 4=3! of course they're the same game.

Seriously, there was never any reason to think the games were related in the first place.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
dock said:
ARGH THIS GAME SUCKS! O_O
I just spent a while playing it, and didn't even pass the first stage. I love 2D platforms, it's probably my favourite genre, and this is horrible. AND... 'Up' for jump!! Why couldn't they re-map this to another button on the controller, or even just duplicate the functionality?! HAving to tap diagonal up in order to jump whilst walking is horrid.

So I collected all the randomly hidden magic items in the level, went to the 'finishing line' and nothing happened! I then reset the game and did all this again ,and my bubble-bobble-wannabe sprite is sitting on the finish line, with MAGIC 000 flashing, and the level does not end!....

FURY!

Most unpleasant experience I've had with a platform game in a long time. I should play some Gamemaker platform games by seven-year-olds to see much better examples of the genre!! O_O

Maybe if you read the instructions you would know that you have to find the downward-pointing exist in the Sad world (after collecting bags of magic) and THEN make your way to the checkerpoint exit after you found the stars in Happy world.

dyls

Jaruru said:
244 blocks. same situation here, World of Goo + many others. my fridge is stuck now

Me too. And I remember saying "Who cares? Do you really have that many games that you want immediate access to?" Well, the answer is yes, as my fridge is full with only games that I am actively playing.

SPRING 09 IS TOO LATE, NINTENDO! You can't release a ton of awesome, space-filling games over a month span and expect that we can easily manage our memory. I am screwed because now I have to choose between games I am playing and games I want to play. That should never happen.

Quick question for those playing Gradius II PCE, did they fix the loading time in between stages? It's pretty signicant from the videos I have seen of the actual PCE CD.

Anyways, listen to Pepsimanvsjoe. Gradius II is one of the very best in the series (tied with V as my personal fave). Still vicious but much more balanced than III. Epic levels, great music with not a single dud in the soundtrack (the best option/weapon menu theme ever) and massive boss battles/boss rushes all combine to put the first game to shame. But I already have the PSP Collection and have owned it on Saturn Deluxe Pack factored in with the 221 block size = definite no go for me...for now. Someday when the SD update is out I'll finally be able to play the exclusive desert stage. :)

MoxManiac

Yeah so, I was downloading one of the new DLC for MM9, and the thing froze while downloading. So I powered off. Now it won't let me resume, and I get an error every time I try to go into the wii shop. help?

Eteric Rice

Cheesemeister said:
It's a puzzle game where you arrange 7 types of blocks, each containing 4 squares, into horizontal lines. Points are tallied according to how many lines are cleared at a time.

I mean this version cheesehead. :p

antispin

Is Wii Shop down? US. I get an Error Code: 209600. Checked my Wii connection -- Nintendo Channel works fine. Can anyone confirm/refute?

the original game is good, but it still doesn't replace the gameboy version, mostly thanks to a long, but not endless, spin.

the asthetic reminds me a lot of the tengen version. also its simple and ugly with bad music but its tetris so you won't notice once you start playing.

so far the extra modes are excellent and really make it worthwhile. i love the one where you have to build the steps for the little men to traverse while not crushing him.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Eteric Rice said:
I wanted gaffer impressions... >_>

It seems fairly decent. The 150 line Marathon mode suffers a bit from the "lines hit high speed at too low a level" syndrome, and there is STILL floor spin (although it seems more limited, albiet not enough).

It has the classic Tetris music though...

Jaruru

antispin said:
Is Wii Shop down? US. I get an Error Code: 209600. Checked my Wii connection -- Nintendo Channel works fine. Can anyone confirm/refute?

down for me. was going to dl Tetris Party tonite, but the Shop channel is down... for hours.

the balance board mode is pretty fun too. you can only spin the pieces clockwise, but the drop speed is slower and all the pieces are symmetrical, so it doesnt really hurt. also balance board mode is one case where spin is a good thing.

the goal here is high score and not highest level, which is a good move in my book

dock

SovanJedi said:
Maybe if you read the instructions you would know that you have to find the downward-pointing exist in the Sad world (after collecting bags of magic) and THEN make your way to the checkerpoint exit after you found the stars in Happy world.
There are two different exits? I looked around the level and didn't see any other exits. I did read the manual, but obviously I missed something. What a horribly counter intuitive game design.

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
Eteric Rice said:
So people, how is Tetris?
It's worth the purchase, IMO. Today I spent about 4 hours playing with some friends. Can you believe it? Tetris never gets boring.

So Europe got:

- Home Sweet Home - 1000 Points
- Tetris Party - 1200 Points
- The Incredible Maze - 500 Points

Yayyyy, trying Tetris tomorrow!

Luigison

Mockingbird said:
The Incredible Maze sounds fun. The price is good but I will wait for impressions on the controls and levels first.
I bought it hoping for something like Koropina Marble Mania, but with puzzles. It's not that. The levels aren't very well designed in my opinion and the graphic are poor, but that would be overlooked if it had better game play. I'm disappointed.

I'd hoped to put this on the Wii we're getting my in-laws for Christmas, but instead of having fun like they did playing Koropina at my house they'll just be frustrated. Guess I'll have to loan them Koropina when they get bored of Wii Sports and the VC/WiiWare games I'm adding for them.

Top Bottom